Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Has anybody actually gotten use out of the report system?

Options

I feel like, outside of hackers and blatant cheaters, the report system does systematically nothing to punish actually bad players in the community. Ive only ever gotten notified that my report DID something when I reported a hacking hillbilly who instadowned during the load into match and auto hooked everybody. I've reported people for obviously throwing matches (killing themselves on hook first down/if its a killer they hate, people throwing every pallet out of chase then sandbagging teammates, and today for example, a Feng who used No Mither with Plot Twist at 5 gens to bleed herself out when the match started) for being racist in chats/with usernames and more but I never got notified of any action being taken against them. It really makes me feel like unless its a hacker/cheater they dont care and that makes me not want to report anymore so I ask if anybody has gotten actual use out of the system or just like me you rarely do.

Answers

• BigHeadAss
    BigHeadAss Member Posts: 11
    Options

I've heard that the report system doesn't actually do anything and that it "only gathers data" currently, which makes no sense whatsoever.

I've had hackers and people exploiting who don't get banned either because they just show up in my matches 3 or 4 days later and it's still the same thing.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,178
    Options

killing themselves on hook first down/if its a killer they hate, people throwing every pallet out of chase then sandbagging teammates, and today for example, a Feng who used No Mither with Plot Twist at 5 gens to bleed herself out when the match started

none of this is reportable so it’s a good thing you weren’t successful with these. Btw did you only use the in-game report or also created an additional player report ticket to support?

racist in chats/with usernames

usernames are also not reportable in-game and have to be reported on the specific platform (no option when they are cross play I think)

also for chat, have you reported with the correct in-game report? Because that’s actually the most consistent where I get feedback for reporting.

though I have gotten at this point quite a few positive feedbacks - survivor teaming with killer seems to occur pretty often and results in actions taken..

That is definitely not true.. where have you heard this?

also action on reports may take some more days as the tickets with video proof (that you did provide, right?) have to be reviewed by support manually.

• Mooks
    Options

I don’t think you can?

iirc you can see the status of your support tickets though when you create the additional player report ticket..

• BigHeadAss
    Options

@Mooks

I had read it on either a forum or Reddit post quite a while ago and have never seen any of my reports (with evidence included) ever actually result in a ban. It didn't matter if it was just toxic behavior, hate speech, or hacking. Nothing I ever reported ended in anything. So, I just made the conscious decision in my head that the report system was just to gather information on what bugged players.

• Mooks
    Options

How do you know these accounts were not receiving (temporary) bans though?

• BigHeadAss
    Options

Everyone else here is showing off pictures that they get notified if their report actually went ended with a ban. So, I was under the assumption that whoever is overseeing that portion of the operation either didn't care or that it didn't matter. But if they want hackers running around making an annoying game even more annoying, they can have at it.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305
    Options

The Devs do not have a feature that allows them to replay what happened in a game. The only data collected about a game is things like player IDs, the outcome of the game, the load outs and cosmetics selected, the chat box etc.

If people make in-game reports about something a player is doing in the game itself, literally nothing is likely to happen to them unless people start actually following their reports up with support tickets linked to video evidence.

The only exception to this is of course things like harassment or abuse in chat, because this is recorded automatically as I mentioned. In this case, an in-game report will suffice.

• Mooks
    Options

So you actually know that the devs are banning and taking actions for reports but just not for your reports?

are you sure you are correctly reporting (as the system is rather complicated…)

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    edited January 4
    Options

I have, twice. I had two stalkers/griefers in game, sent in a video report (I didn't even make an in game report) and I got a message a few weeks later saying action was taken and basically that the people got in trouble.

Since then it happens so much (Literally every match today) I've had people focus on me and me alone, and then after the match they said in the chat that "ur so hawt in ur steam pic sorry but I had to tunnel u" my profile is on private but I guess people outside my friends list can still see my photo/name. Meh.

I just take screenshots of it and send it in, I feel like I've been sending in reports all day and playing less. I think I've been up and on the game since 10:35AM and only did 8 matches where this happened EVERY SINGLE MATCH. Ridiculous.