Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Why can´t I play on my main account?

Options
Weskermann
Weskermann Member Posts: 3
edited December 2023 in Ask the Community

I bought DBD on microsoft store. Yesterday I started the Game just like anyother day, but suddenly I was on a new account. When I visit the store on this new account this pops up: "The Microsoft Store user is not the same as the user logged into the game. You wil not be able to make any real money purchases until you sign into the Microsoft Store with the same user." So somehow DBD is started with a new email address, but as in the pop up said I´m logged into my e-mail account which is connected with my "main" account. Does somebody here know how to fix this problem and how I can play on my "main" account again? I´m very thankful for everyone trying to help.

Post edited by Weskermann on

Best Answer

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,185
    Answer ✓
    Options

I am sorry but.. I don’t really understand ..

so just to rephrase - you purchased DbD on Microsoft Store a while ago and you were able to play/have progress on there.

now on a random day you started the game while being logged into the Microsoft Store with your usual Account - but you get an error that you start the game with another account?

I would say contact support -either BHVR or Microsoft- and ask them for help. Well possibly both as it’s likely they will end up suggesting to contact the other one any way…

here is the link for the BHVR support

https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Answers

• Weskermann
    Options

Ok, thank´s for your answer. The pop up isn´t an error, but more a note that I can´t make any purchases as long as the account which is logged into the ms store right now doesn´t match the current dbd email/acc. I can play on the "new" account normally. But yes you did unstood my problem correctly. I´ll try to contact the support. thank´s again :D

• Weskermann
    Options

Ok I just solved it. Im explaining here just in case someone else has a similar problem.

I switched to another microsoft account on the Minecraft Launcher to start minecraft on that second account and because of that ALL my X-box/microsoft games where started with this other account.