The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Map Restriction System!

2»

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@Vietfox said:
    @MegaWaffle said:

@Vietfox said:

Different maps instead of getting the same one over and over? Sure, who would be against it?

I'm against it. There is nothing I ....enjoy....more than deciding to give console Nurse another go only to get Lery's Memorial Treatment Theater.

You monster.
    I don't understand why Lery's map is so hated by survivors as well, i'm a survivor main and i love that map. Might be small but it's so easy to juke killers there.

Oh don't get me wrong I love the map but I only ever get it when I decide to play Nurse. Let me tell you PS4 Nurse is bad enough without that damn hospital.

Console nurse is hard but not impossible, last season (month) i managed to get her to rank 2 (didnt have enough time to play).
  • Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    I played with Myers and twice in a row I got Shelton Woods, without offerings. :(
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Nickenzie said:
    Let's Relate Together!

Admit, you got the same map and you're getting tired of playing on it! It's annoying and you don't see as much variety since you're always on the same map! How do we fix this problem without creating more problems? Introducing "The Restriction System"

When you finish your latest game, the map you played that game on will be recorded (and you do not see this since this data is private to you but you can just memorize this). The map that is recorded will not be a possibility for the next game you play to prevent repetition!

This means up to 5 maps can be restricted due to being 5 players in every game. The minimum can be only a single map restricted due to everyone in your lobby previously played the same map.

An exception to the "Restriction System"

If at anytime a map offering is used, the restriction system will be ignored COMPLETELY. However, it will still be counted as your latest played map when you finish that game. Misconceptions

If you played The McMillian Estate map, you can still get The McMillan Estate map but you won't get the same variation.

Discuss! Hopefully, this can solve the repetition issues with some players! :)

R.I.P the game

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Vietfox said:

@Vietfox said:
    @MegaWaffle said:

@Vietfox said:

Different maps instead of getting the same one over and over? Sure, who would be against it?

I'm against it. There is nothing I ....enjoy....more than deciding to give console Nurse another go only to get Lery's Memorial Treatment Theater.

You monster.
    I don't understand why Lery's map is so hated by survivors as well, i'm a survivor main and i love that map. Might be small but it's so easy to juke killers there.

Oh don't get me wrong I love the map but I only ever get it when I decide to play Nurse. Let me tell you PS4 Nurse is bad enough without that damn hospital.

Console nurse is hard but not impossible, last season (month) i managed to get her to rank 2 (didnt have enough time to play).
    Been playing some Nurse on console and she's nasty when you have great FPS!
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I really think they need to remove map offerings. Having survivors burn 10 coldwind offerings in one night is too much.
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Nickenzie said:

Let's Relate Together!

Admit, you got the same map and you're getting tired of playing on it! It's annoying and you don't see as much variety since you're always on the same map! How do we fix this problem without creating more problems?

Introducing "The Restriction System"

When you finish your latest game, the map you played that game on will be recorded (and you do not see this since this data is private to you but you can just memorize this). The map that is recorded will not be a possibility for the next game you play to prevent repetition!

This means up to 5 maps can be restricted due to being 5 players in every game. The minimum can be only a single map restricted due to everyone in your lobby previously played the same map.

An exception to the "Restriction System"

If at anytime a map offering is used, the restriction system will be ignored COMPLETELY. However, it will still be counted as your latest played map when you finish that game.

Misconceptions

If you played The McMillian Estate map, you can still get The McMillan Estate map but you won't get the same variation.

Discuss! Hopefully, this can solve the repetition issues with some players! :)
    What happens if an offering is burnt for a map that is on everyone restricted list?
    The maps don’t bother me enough to warrant this being implemented and Incan see more problems with trying to control variations with players having individual restrictions 
  • DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

+1 to this.
    I am sick of getting Mount Lagmond and Backwater Swamp every game as both Killer and Survivor.

• A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193

Wouldn't it be logic that the Killer decides the map?
    Hear me out please, before hurling your fecal matter like a bunch of apes, okay!

Why would the huntress be in Leary Memorial Hospital? Why would The Trapper roam the Game? Wouldn't it be logical that the killer goes to his map? Unless someone uses an offering to switch it up? (Killer or Survivor it's anyone's game).

• Sometimes it seem the more rare add-on I slap on my killer the more chance I have to get the shittiest map for that killer to roam in... But that would be just my imagination!

Shakes fitsts at "The Entity": Damn you tormenting being of unknown origins!

What if you use Leatherface?