A kinda dumb console Hillbilly suggestion

Options
UndeddJester
UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
edited January 3 in Feedback and Suggestions

It's no secret that Hillbilly is pretty rough in general, but he is especially on console, and the problem is pretty obvious... it's that his ability to turn quickly for 0.75s at the start of his charge with his chainsaw lasts a very short time.

This means on mouse and keyboard players can flick their aim while their turn arc is good to bend around corners... but on console, you're limited to your turn sensitivity.

Naturally bridging this gap is quite impossible, but one tip that always gets given to all Hillbilly mains regardless of platform, is turn up your sensitivity to the maximum. Unfortunately this tends to make basic play quite unwieldy, as it also affects up and down look... and as a console Billy, it makes trying to just look around quite difficult.

That said, it does help your chainsaw movement considerably... it would be quite helpful if I could temporarily get a higher turn speed when I want it, especially if it was only on the horizontal plane... but you don't want it to be automatic, as that would make PC Billy very difficult to maintain your feel.

So my stupid idea is to give Hillbilly an active ability power, using the same bind as Pig stealth, Ghostface crouch and Doctor Static Blast.

Active Ability: Sharp Pivot

Press and hold the Active Ability while charging to enable Sharp Pivot, allowing the Hillbilly to quickly turn left or right.

• Turn sensitivity for left and right is set to 100%.

I would ask for more, but without a console PTB, it"d be hard to gauge what would feel right, and sensitivity is usually subjective anyway... fact is my console Billy will never flick like a PC Billy, but at least with this I would have half a reasonable chance against survivors that don't run in a straight line, and still fall back on regular melee when I need to.

The nice thing about it only being when I charge is I can just hold it as I rev my chainsaw and look normally, then shift immediately to fast turning the moment I transition.

It won't be amazing, and it sounds kinda stupid as an ability... but it would surely make him more accessible on console. 😁

Comments