If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Adept Survivor experiment

Options

As I have recently merged my Epic account with that of Steam I was happy to see that all DLCs transitioned but got annoyed that the achievements did not. Well, this gave me the idea to do some experiment and to see how many matches I would need to get the adept survivor achievements unlocked starting with Dwight.

I played 15 matches. I had a pause after 10 for an hour or so then I continued. The rule was not to take any items (with the exception of the event specific firecrackers) to the matches and only use offerings that gave me or the entire team bonus BP. Since I wanted to win I had a mindset to be more stealthy but never to be too greedy as I wanted to save people if it made sense for me to do the saving because either I was the closest survivor or the only one not injured.

I also tried to align my playstyle with the character-specific perkset available. For instance, with Claudette I definitely wanted to be more altruistic or with Dwight getting a companion for faster gen progression in coop even if it meant doing a gen in the killer's TR. I always stayed till the end even if I was the first to get sacrificed as I wanted to see the overall team progress. I did not note down the realms for the matches and below I only mention specific builds if I thought those were interesting. I started at Iridescent Rank IV with 3 pips available.

In 15 matches (strictly in SoloQ) I managed to get the Adept unlocked for the first 5 characters only. At the beginning of the series (and after the 10th) I drank Mozart, a Belgian chocolate cream liqueur (from a shot glass). I do not believe this affected my performance in any way.

Below are the details:

Some more info on the matches:

1st: Freddy had to tunnel to get his single kill. This he only started doing when he saw 3 gens were done.

2nd: It was a massacre. Blight was fast and efficient. I got the hatch but Blight allowed me to get it.

3rd: Chucky did some proxy-camping but it was fine. The last survivor found the hatch.

4th: The match was on Gideon. Perhaps that is why Legion decided to end his frenzy after 1 or 2 hits. I guess 2 floors do not make the job of this killer easy. Nic Cage as the only survivor managed to open the gate but Legion allowed him to do that.

5th: Feng gave up on the hook. A 2nd survivor approached me while I was on the ground. She knew the Huntress would get her but she allowed it to happen. So, essentially, this was the first match in the series where people started giving up without any DC. Huntress was playing well as she was doing a lot of orbitals (with some nice successes).

6th: Another Blight, another massacre. This was an individual with 4.5K hours (compared to my 2.5K). He did not have a single add-on or perk equipped!

7th: We almost got out with Ripley. Finished the last gen as the 2nd survivor got hooked / sacrificed. SM got us but also asked me to report Ripley for cheating as she did a very fast healing after her first unhook. She did have Resurgence, though, while another survivor Leader equipped so that was the explanation.

8th: The first match in the series where I went down quickly. I stayed to close to the hooked survivor (I wanted to save) and as Huntress was reloading I found out she had UW equipped. The last survivor got out through the gate as Huntress closed the hatch (this was on Nostromo).

9th: No specifics. It was an OK match. Plague was playing well. The last survivor got the hatch. I lost my 3rd and final pip here.

10th: Very efficient Oni player with less than 1,000 hours. I got a pip here yay!

11th: This wouldn't be appropriate without a match with Weskussy. On Glenvale, of course. We were the victims of genrushing. Wes was patrolling 2 gens that were closest to completion. 3 of us were injured and the others refused to do any healing. This was a very dangerous playstyle given a killer who can quickly cover great distances. The 2nd match I entered endgame chat and lamented on the outcome and the attitude of the others.

12th: Now this was a surprise. The first match in the game with a true tunneler. You know the one that wants to hook you for the 3rd time even when there are 2 other survivors running along that can be injured. One survivor DC-ed. In fact, when Jeff got hooked Cheryl did the save in a matter of seconds. I would have gone back to the hook myself. Huge mistake. Awful match with bad survivors. Or perhaps the team was just doing challenges.

13th: Finally, my lose streak ended here. This could have been a 3-member escape but 2 decided to try to save Ripley. She was protected by Clown and she was close to the corner far from both gates. I left as I said no way Jose. The other also got sacrificed.

14th: Pretty awful match. Got the hatch so I got lucky. Dwight was the first on the hook and he decided to give up. At stage 2 he got saved so he decided to wash up immediately. Plague started using corrupted after so everything went downhill.

15th: Great match where the majority of my time was spent with running away from Oni. I got hooked twice and team members also saved twice when Oni picked me up. This was a great teamwork and we all managed to leave injured. I forgot to check Oni's playtime. He did make a lot of mistakes with the dash hit. I wonder if he was a new player or a killer picking Oni the first time.

All WIN matches were recorded with the exception of the 2nd as I stopped recording since I thought I'd lose with Meg.

So what do you think of the results? 5 wins out of 15 matches. What was the survivor avg win ratio? 40%? This is not far from it. I was surprised to see only two tunnelers (Trickster and Oni at the end) and while the win ration is lower than the average the gens we did were OK overall. There were definitely 3-4 matches with bad survivor decisions and where people decided to give up so perhaps the end result could have been different.

Comments