Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Opinions on The Huntress?

MegMain98
MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I used to HATE The Huntress, but I gave her another shot and I’m loving her playstyle a lot. Seeing how her add-ons were nerfed a while ago due to Tinkerer getting a rework and her hatchets have wonky hitboxes, I don’t see many people playing Huntress even though she is considered one of the better killers. Normally on any tier list I see her anywhere between #3-#6. She’s very underrated and has great potential, just wondering if anybody else is a loves the Bunny as much as I do.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Since the insta build has been removed, huntress can be looped very effectively. I used to play her a lot, but she is so frustrating against good survivors that I dropped her tbh

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited January 2019
    Huntress is fun if the maps dosent screw you very few maps play well with her hatchet throwing. Car hitboxes walls trees stones there are very few maps where cover isnt easily available and its not like the hatchets arent impossible to dodge. Just let the huntress wind up her hatchet faster. You dont have to make her starting wind up faster just let her ability to get fully charged hatchets faster.

She's not top tier as too many maps screw her she top mid tier for potential but at times she can be worse then most mid tier killers. 
  • XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395

thicc

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    She is so cute  :) I have found myself humming with her and making horrible noises with her when I get hit by a pallet
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    She really is my favorite killer. First killer I went with, and part of the reason I started playing.
    Efficient, not super addon reliant, and as of now my only killer with 3 of the 4 bloodpoint perks. I don't have the 4th (bbq. Not saddling myself with a killer I'm not interested in.) So with all that in mind, she is very helpful.

Her looks, and lore are also pretty great, too. 

Her hatchets really do need help, though. They are pretty obviously there to help stop loops, but they are almost impossible to throw over obstacles you can see over.
    Also they seem pretty easy to dodge now that I paid enough attention.

• Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441
    Coming from a Huntress main, she's inconsistent and map-dependent, but she's insanely fun and feels very rewarding. I love her to death. Still wish she didn't keep getting shadow nerfs and maps would not be so cluttered with debris, but with perks and add-ons included, she's still easily top 4.
    Machine gun build needed to die, but the wind-up add-ons should never have been nerfed. They should have just removed their ability to stack.
  • JowDaddyy
    JowDaddyy Member Posts: 19

I think the range of her humming needs to be reduced, you can hear her from a ridiculous distance and it serves as the main reason why I never use her.

• Maximus7
    JowDaddyy said:

I think the range of her humming needs to be reduced, you can hear her from a ridiculous distance and it serves as the main reason why I never use her.

I find Whispers mandatory on her for this reason. It tells you if survivors are just being immersed around you or if you're actually not gonna find anyone in a specific area.
  • MegMain98

@Rebel_Raven said:
    She really is my favorite killer. First killer I went with, and part of the reason I started playing.
    Efficient, not super addon reliant, and as of now my only killer with 3 of the 4 bloodpoint perks. I don't have the 4th (bbq. Not saddling myself with a killer I'm not interested in.) So with all that in mind, she is very helpful.

Her hatchets really do need help, though. They are pretty obviously there to help stop loops, but they are almost impossible to throw over obstacles you can see over.

I loved her backstory as well and her look is imposing as she is the only tall female killer. I didn’t start playing her until a few weeks ago, before that it was solely Myers and Spirit.

Her hatchets are super wonky, the hitboxes are weird and hopefully when the game gets dedicated servers it’ll solve some of the issues.

She also probably has one of the most OP builds if paired with an Ebony. Iridescent Head and an Infantry Belt is nasty.

• Maximus7
    MegMain98 said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

I loved her backstory as well and her look is imposing as she is the only tall female killer. I didn’t start playing her until a few weeks ago, before that it was solely Myers and Spirit.

Her hatchets are super wonky, the hitboxes are weird and hopefully when the game gets dedicated servers it’ll solve some of the issues.

She also probably has one of the most OP builds if paired with an Ebony. Iridescent Head and an Infantry Belt is nasty.

The old machine gun hatchets were even worse lmao. Old Tinkerer was cancer.

Her hatchets are the way they are because of how survivor hurtboxes are designed. Patch 2.2 made her hatchet hitboxes more proportional to the size of the hatchet, but did nothing to the survivor hurtboxes, so hatchets would just phase through survivors' faces, limbs, and shoulders. So it's more about hitbox manipulation than anything, though latency does have a role to play in some of the "wonky" hits.

@Rebel_Raven you'd be surprised how much ######### you can throw over if you have good enough aim. Though it can be really tough and require pin-point accuracy to still hit survivors while throwing over stuff.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Maximus7 said:
    MegMain98 said:

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Efficient, not super addon reliant, and as of 2now my only killer with 3 of the 4 bloodpoint perks. I don't have the 4th (bbq. Not saddling myself with a killer I'm not interested in.) So with all that in mind, she is very helpful.

The old machine gun hatchets were even worse lmao. Old Tinkerer was cancer.

Her hatchets are the way they are because of how survivor hurtboxes are designed. Patch 2.2 made her hatchet hitboxes more proportional to the size of the hatchet, but did nothing to the survivor hurtboxes, so hatchets would just phase through survivors' faces, limbs, and shoulders. So it's more about hitbox manipulation than anything, though latency does have a role to play in some of the "wonky" hits.

@Rebel_Raven you'd be surprised how much ######### you can throw over if you have good enough aim. Though it can be really tough and require pin-point accuracy to still hit survivors while throwing over stuff.
    Doesn't surprise me what her hatchets can go over. What surprises me is how well you often have to thread the needle.

Doesn't help that her shout when she throws is basically "move to the side, and you're good" when it comes to dodging them.
  • Maximus7
    Yeah, she's hard to play. And it is hard to hit those hatchets over some obstacles. She's a skill-based killer, part of why I like her.
  • razaluna
    razaluna Member Posts: 52

to me learning and mastering all the different angles , snipes, and needle threading makes her a fun challange and always gives you some thing to improve on. and true huntress mains are always a joy to watch at work.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Im not a fun of her becose : you hear her hum from far and know from what direction she go , she is slow and easy to awoid her hatchet on open space.
  • MegMain98

@Larcz said:
    Im not a fun of her becose : you hear her hum from far and know from what direction she go , she is slow and easy to awoid her hatchet on open space.

That’s one of the reasons I HATE higher terror radius killers like Leatherface and Clown. They are tall, their terror radius is huge, and you can hear and see them from a mile away. Huntress on the other hand, has a large humming radius but a very small terror radius. You’d be surprised on how many survivors stay on a generator when they don’t hear a heartbeat. Monitor and Abuse can be great on Huntress. I’m also pretty sure her humming is directional.

I’m getting better at the hatchets but a lot of my hits are from survivors who tend to drop pallets in a chase and panic when I wind up a hatchet. The 110% movement speed isn’t an issue for me with higher tier killers like Huntress and Spirit. The only killer I really have issue with being at a 110% movement speed is Legion.

• AnnasGirl
    AnnasGirl Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2019

Love her <3
    Playing against her is a realistic experience.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited January 2019

She was the first killer i ever tried out and i enjoyed playing her, up until around rank 8, then her weaknesses start to be exploited.

She is very very easy to loop because she looses speed when holding a hatchet, she looses time in the windup and most loops have massive invisible barriers around the objects making your hatchets hit EVERYTHING. So if the survivor is not in in front of you dropping a pallet or running past it you probably won't hit them on that lap.

Second is the lullaby, most killers that have terror radius issues you can use perks like Tinkerer or Monitor and Abuse to compensate for it, with her it doesn't matter even if your terror radius is 0 her lullaby will still give her away.

Perhaps if it was not directional it would be better but as it stands it's a glaring issue.

She also has map dependency, you get her on any coldwind farm map, Lerys, The Game or Swamp you are going to have a bad time unless the survivors are total morons or if you have 1 shot hatchets, these maps have too many collision objects with barriers like Operating tables in Lerys, objects that mean the huntress can't mind game with hatchets like see-through T walls or they are just far too big meaning she can't cover them well.

I love her design but playing her grew too frustrating, i picked up The Hag and Trapper as well as the occasional punt on The Spirit and whatever else people ask me to play.

I still do play the odd game on her but not nearly as much as i used too.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

It's a fun and balanced killer, but I wish hitboxes were better since too many times hitting a survivor or a wall seems rng (maybe with dedicated servers it could be possible? Who knows) and the Iridescent Head reworked (it's the most unfun and unbalanced addon imo)

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@White_Owl said:
    It's a fun and balanced killer, but I wish hitboxes were better since too many times hitting a survivor or a wall seems rng (maybe with dedicated servers it could be possible? Who knows) and the Iridescent Head reworked (it's the most unfun and unbalanced addon imo)

You probably weren't around back when the Iridescent Heads only removed two instead of four. Seriously in terms of balance it is much better then before. I still shudder thinking about the many times I would have died if the hatchets touched me back then. Other then that, I agree with everything else you said.

I am not a Huntress player myself but I can hit the occasional hatchet toss.

• DCh4rlie
    DCh4rlie Member Posts: 66
    Love her - obviously, otherwise I wouldn't main her. 
    IMO she fits the perfect spot of a challenging and skill based character that can be very hard to play against good survivors while still not being too weak. 
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

@Shad03 said:

@White_Owl said:

You probably weren't around back when the Iridescent Heads only removed two instead of four. Seriously in terms of balance it is much better then before. I still shudder thinking about the many times I would have died if the hatchets touched me back then. Other then that, I agree with everything else you said.

I am not a Huntress player myself but I can hit the occasional hatchet toss.

I was there. My thoughts on the addon still remain

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited January 2019
    Shes a high potential powerhouse killer if you can get those shots at loops and your opponets arent taking full advantage of your hum radius. Imo behaviour has to cut back on designing big maps or make her humming radius non directional as its a bit to easy to exploit when survivours are engaging in the fabled stealth gameplay. 
  • BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

In short, I find the huntress to be uninteresting and bland conceptually. Nothing about her is really 'scary' in my opinion and I feel she stands out negatively in contrast with the rest of the cast (who are comparatively speaking, much more horror-esque, if that makes sense). Balance wise I feel she's fine, but I don't like playing against her due to her inconsistent and outright broken hitboxes on hatchets (this negatively impacts both the killer and survivors). Oh, and her perks are total #########, so I've left her at level 1 to avoid clogging up my precious blood web.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

She's pretty overrated. Not as overrated as the Doctor or the Spirit, but still overrated. She's nowhere near as good as some people say.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Since the insta wind-up hatchets was nerfed, I don't pay attention to her that much than earlier.