The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

[PC]The things that make me hate the game

Lodreus
Lodreus Member Posts: 10
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

While I enjoy the gameplay, I very much hate the game itself for things that still haven't been fixed or dealt with.

• When I'm using my 360 controllers to run or walk my character twitches whenever I move left or right. Going straight works fine and I know it isn't my controller as any other game works perfectly fine. My friend also has this issue and it's been ages since it has been fixed. Surely, I can't be the only one

• Whilst holding LB to stay in run mode, I pause or move on the spot of one side of the pallet and when I want to pull the pallet down the game switches between healing or pallet even though I am slightly moving.

• Dead Hard still has the delay from day one. There's either delay from my input when using the controller or the game itself. As soon as I press the button to use Dead Hard I see the icon pop up but I'm somehow caught by the killer weapon. This mostly happens if I'm really close to the killer which shouldn't be the case when I see my Dead Hard activate.

*Turning your flashlight on while the loading screen is about to end drains your flashlight.

*Connection indicator is unreliable. Me and my friend play the game quite a bit and when we join a game with green ping it doesn't turn out to be once we're ingame. It feels like yellow ping that's in the area of 180 to 190

*Character models or my meg look terrible whenever performing actions. Their body parts look bent.

Post edited by Lodreus on

Comments

• Tazare
    Tazare Member Posts: 39

Yeah console fps is bad for some reason, hopefully it will be fixed as ive seen a lot of complaints, i think 360 is worse than ps4 since i dont actually have that bad of fps drops when i play survivor, seems that killer has worse fps drops due to notifications and the such, though console fps is still disgraceful and needs to be fixed.

Also survivors never look human, i think the most human looking thing in the game is legion or huntress, dbd model artists or whoever made the survivors either wanted the survivors to look unique or they are just ######### and dont know what humans look like, most of the females look like they are wearing diapers, the males have super long bodies and survivors necks are disgusting xD

• Lodreus

@Tazare said:
    Yeah console fps is bad for some reason, hopefully it will be fixed as ive seen a lot of complaints.

Sorry I'm used to the Steam discussions as I'm playing on PC. Forgot that this forum does all platforms.

• Tazare
    Tazare Member Posts: 39
    edited January 2019

You use a 360 controller on PC? Ive not heard of PC having fps drops, maybe its your PC, ive heard from other people that you need a pretty good PC to run the game smoothly though im not too sure since i havent played on that platform (i know you didnt mention bad fps but you are saying the ping is sometimes incorrect and your character twitches when you use the controller, im just assuming)

• Lodreus

@Tazare said:
    You use a 360 controller on PC? Ive not heard of PC having fps drops, maybe its your PC, ive heard from other people that you need a pretty good PC to run the game smoothly though im not too sure since i havent played on that platform (i know you didnt mention bad fps but you are saying the ping is sometimes incorrect and your character twitches when you use the controller, im just assuming)

Ping and my character movements are two separate problems. I play on low settings so fps and my connection aren't the cause. It's the game.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tazare said:

With the engine update, there are definitely a lot of issues.
    I used to be able to run at smooth 60 almost always (exceptions old lerys and doc shock), but now I experience several fps drops in certain circumstances. The new map for example runs on average 20 fps lower......

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited January 2019
    Most of your post sounds like the controller is having input lag, it could be due to the engine update of its only been happening recently.

The ping is a hard one as the lobby showing green doesn't mean anything apart from its stable at that point but it's passing the least amount of data between you all, when in game the data increases dependong on what is happening, the ping will go up at times especially when you are interacting with the killer.

One thing I notice is when in a lobby if someone is joining your ping will go up while they are connecting, check how long this spikes for as it's not too bad of an indication on how it may get worse in game.

They could do with an in game ping indicator or stress test in the lobby before the match starts even if its something you have to press a button to do.
  • Lodreus

@twistedmonkey said:
    Most of your post sounds like the controller is having input lag, it could be due to the engine update of its only been happening recently.

The ping is a hard one as the lobby showing green doesn't mean anything apart from its stable at that point but it's passing the least amount of data between you all, when in game the data increases dependong on what is happening, the ping will go up at times especially when you are interacting with the killer.

One thing I notice is when in a lobby if someone is joining your ping will go up while they are connecting, check how long this spikes for as it's not too bad of an indication on how it may get worse in game.

They could do with an in game ping indicator or stress test in the lobby before the match starts even if its something you have to press a button to do.

They could do with a lot of things but still won't happen as this has been going on for so long. I agree with having a ping indicator ingame as that'll help a lot. Also, I noticed that as well when someone joins the ping spikes which makes things uneasy and so we either stay or back out.

The input lag hasn't been recent. I've must've had this for months now or maybe years. I don't keep track of it as I've grown to get used to it but it really puts me off when I'm being chased.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

@Lodreus said:
    While I enjoy the gameplay, I very much hate the game itself for things that still haven't been fixed or dealt with.

• When I'm using my 360 controllers to run or walk my character twitches whenever I move left or right. Going straight works fine and I know it isn't my controller as any other game works perfectly fine. My friend also has this issue and it's been ages since it has been fixed. Surely, I can't be the only one

• Whilst holding LB to stay in run mode, I pause or move on the spot of one side of the pallet and when I want to pull the pallet down the game switches between healing or pallet even though I am slightly moving.

• Dead Hard still has the delay from day one. There's either delay from my input when using the controller or the game itself. As soon as I press the button to use Dead Hard I see the icon pop up but I'm somehow caught by the killer weapon. This mostly happens if I'm really close to the killer which shouldn't be the case when I see my Dead Hard activate.

*Turning your flashlight on while the loading screen is about to end drains your flashlight.

*Connection indicator is unreliable. Me and my friend play the game quite a bit and when we join a game with green ping it doesn't turn out to be once we're ingame. It feels like yellow ping that's in the area of 180 to 190

*Character models or my meg look terrible whenever performing actions. Their body parts look bent.

i have an xbox one controller wireless with a receiver works fine. maybe 360 controllers just suck and are not quite compatible because even wireless i dont suffer with any input delay that your talking about as killer or survivor