We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Which games in recent years did disappoint you?

Options
GroßusSchmiedus
GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 444
edited January 7 in Off-topic

For me it was Sons of the Forest (Spoiler alert), i absolutely loved the first one (The Forest), and i still can't advise anyone highly enough to play it, don't let the fact its a Unity based survival game fool you, its a diamond in the rough, a flawed masterpiece.

However its sequel (if not soft-reboot, idk what the ######### is going on with that game) was a disappointment, its not really that bad however compared to its first one it leaves a lot out and i really need to rant.

The map is way to big and empty, its like 4 times the size of the original with 16 times less interesting sites to visit.

The cave system is way less thought out, small and uninteresting, its 4 times smaller with 16 times less detail. The first one was so intricate and interconnected that it served almost as a second map, however this time they are just linear levels which are seperate from each other. Most in the sequel are just halls connected to a big room where whatever it is you need is.

The game is much less scarier than the first, you get up to 4 guns, 2 high tier bows, with plenty of ammo and the game gives out bomb ingredients and grenades as if they grow on mutated trees, the first one game is mostly you with outdated and primitive equipment versus mutants whose origins you can't figure out yet. In the sequel you are a one man army that doesn't need to fear anything, hell you get a stun baton/cattle prod that is hilariously OP like 3 minutes into the game.

The cannibals and mutants are a downgrade, in the first one Cannibals weren't that frequent but you could see them stalking you, intimidate you and their attack were announced with a war cry that had you ######### because cannibals were somehow the strongest enemies in the game and hard to fight especially at first when they are in a group. The mutants in the sequel are also much less diverse and have mostly the same behavior, it barely matters which ones you encounter where and when since they all act the same way and you got like 4 guns to unload on them anyway.

The story is so scattered, convoluted and stupid idk where to start with that one, i'm still figuring out if the mutants are actually demons from a hell, aliens from another dimensions, human experiments going wrong or all of them combined. Why the hell is there a space ship in a cave with demons that are supposedly NOT aliens?. And if whatever is going on supposed to originate from a civilisation gone thousands of years ago in Canada, then why do crucifixes work on them when they were around before Jesus was even born on another continent, how does any of it relate to christianity? How does any of it make sense? And what about the cannibals that just aren't mutating despite prolonged exposure to the artifact that came from a golden space ship. The story is so bad it literally had to do the "well that character was isn't actually dead" fakeout like 2 times in 20 minutes.

The story of the first one was so much better and effective because its just you and your personal quest, you don't play as a mercenary looking for some rich ######### for a paycheck, you are playing as an out of shape survivalist looking for his own son, it was way simpler with a dark ending that was well executed.

Post edited by GroßusSchmiedus on

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,733
    Options

Borderlands 3 story was a pile of crap especially Ava ugh thinking about that character just pisses me off