Save the Best for Last change could use some more...

Options
Emeal
Emeal Member Posts: 4,612
edited January 8 in Feedback and Suggestions

Have you considered placing the Perk Symbol on the Obsession, that way they know what's up, you know the same way Dying Light perk is revealed to the Obsession?

I think its fair the obsession knows the perk affecting them so they can commit some counter play, and the Obsession getting in the Killer's way could be that.

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,282
    Options

I think this is a good idea but it might be jumping the gun and not necessary since it is a huge nerf as is.

• Emeal
    Options

My stance is that Hex Perks and Obsession Perks should have parts that make them somewhat easier to deal with, because of their stated weaknesses to being found and cleansed for example then they should be powerful perks. I think this could be great standard to set for those perks, Obsession Perks? yeah but the obsession is gonna know.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

With the current stated nerfs I don't think the perk will see much widespread use so I doubt it'll need any more tweaks.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,211
    Options

I understand that Dying Light is showed as it modifies actions speed so the player doesn't have to ask "why I'm healing people so fast?", but there is no reason to show STBFL to the obsession as it not affect his gameplay in any way.

Also, what we need is for less perks to be shown to survivors (e.g. Dissolution), not more.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 491
    Options

If this nerf goes live, not only will the perk just vanish into trash-tier but it's not like the Obsession needs a reason to BM and bodyblock the Killer knowing they'll lose stacks whatever they do.

If the nerf goes live, then the perk is dead, plain and simple. It was only really useful for weaker M1 Killers and instead of removing it's camping potential they nuked it's synergy with weaker Killers's powers and add-ons (Trapper can't even use Bloody Coil without losing 2 stacks that the obsession can then do over and over to effectively remove STBFL with 0 imput from the Killer's, not to mention possible zombie hits, claw traps, Guards, acid blood add-on, Plot Twist etc.) and gave Survivors agency over the perk's effectiveness.

This is a horrible nerf, all they had to do was deactivate the perk when too close to a hooked Survivor and not trigger on basekit BT hits. It was a great chase perk for weaker Killers that they had to build up anyway. Combine that with the dreadful 3-gen "solution" (all it accomplishes is making life worse for weaker Killers and nullify Survivor mistakes alongside gutting dozens of Killer perks) and it makes it even worse.

I'm honestly not sure it's worth it to try to win/gain MMR on Survivor or Killer anymore: why end up in a place where you can only use 5 Killers and only face 5 Killers?

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,487
    Options

I think the proposed nerfs in the dev update are enough. The perk is still going to be good but those were really the two biggest issues I had with it. The only other thing it might need is something done about its camping potential, but overall it's pretty easy to tell the killer has STBFL once they get a few tokens so I don't think an icon for it is necessary.

Also, Dying Light is shown like it is because it directly affects survivors (a buff for the obsession and a debuff for the others), while STBFL doesn't technically buff or debuff survivors, it buffs the killer.

• Emeal
    Options

but there is no reason to show STBFL to the obsession as it not affect his gameplay in any way.

i would tho 100%