Share your lore accurate builds

tjt85
tjt85 Member Posts: 833

Lately, I've been having fun coming up with lore accurate builds for some of my mains. Have any of you guys done the same?

Here are mine:

Ellen Ripley (Alien 1979):

Premonition, Lucky Star, Sole Survivor, Diversion or Urban Evasion

This build is partly inspired by the original film and partly inspired by the game play mechanics found in Alien: Isolation (a very faithful adaptation that does a great job of making you feel extremely vulnerable and terrified). In the beginning, you don't have a lot to fight back with against the Xeno, so I've chosen weaker perks to replicate a feeling of helplessness.

I chose Premonition because its functionality is similar to the motion trackers used by the Nostromo crew to track the Alien's location. I actually thought we'd get a perk that would beep like the trackers in the film, but BHVR decided to give that functionality to the flame turrets instead. Perhaps they felt such a perk would be too strong. Anyway, Premonition is the closest thing we have.

Lucky Star is an obvious choice, both for the final scenes of the film and because I spent much of my time in Alien: Isolation creeping from locker to locker. 

Sole Survivor (another obvious choice), as Ripley was the sole survivor of the Nostromo crew.

Alien: Isolation lets you craft noise makers to throw to distract the Xeno, so Diversion is the ideal perk to replicate that. Urban Evasion is not a bad fit for the build, either (creeping around and staying low is another key survival mechanic present in Alien: Isolation).

Ellen Ripley (Aliens 1986):

Premonition, Chemical Trap, Blast Mine, Flashbang

This build doesn't need much explanation. Ripley's a tough action hero in this movie, so I've chosen perks that are all about fighting back.

Ash Williams:

Plot Twist, Resilience, Smash Hit, Buckle Up or Soul Guard

Ash's build is all about his uncanny ability to cheat death and take a ton of pain and physical punishment. Fans of the TV show will know why I picked Plot Twist (plus it's funny and Evil Dead has a lot of physical comedy in it). While he does his fair share of running away, I felt the other exhaustion perks were too passive, so Smash Hit seems ideal for him.

Michael Myers:

Brutal Strength, Iron Grasp, Lightborn, Enduring

This build is all about being an unstoppable killing machine. Michael does not care what you throw at him, he'll just keep on coming after you until you are DEAD.

Comments

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,852
    edited January 12

I always like these. A lore accurate build for Oni would probably be:

• Sloppy Butcher
    • Blood Echo
    • Blood Hound
    • Forced Penance
    • Splintered Hull
    • Ink Lion

Kazan is quick to enrage and enter Blood fury, and makes a point of desecrating and brutalising his victims, turning them in to bloody corpses, shamed by their defilement at his hands, striking fear and hatred within those who witness his acts upon their kin/home.

All of these perks wound victims and make them bleed profusely, enarging Oni when anyone stands united against him, and punishing everyone who opposes him.

• pale_hispanic
    pale_hispanic Member Posts: 149

I have one for Bubba from the original TCM.

• Sloppy Butcher (he is literally a sloppy butcher)
    • Knock Out (for his iconic first kill)
    • Play With Your Food (his cannibalism + callback to the dining room scene)
    • Monstrous Shrine (his butcher room is literally his “shrine” + he kills people by putting them on hooks)

And one for Doctor

• Hex: Plaything (he experiments and toys around with his victims)
    • Mindbreaker (the survivors minds are breaking from the insanity)
    • Surge (electricity and its very similar to how his power works)
    • Surveillance (he’s shown to be constantly watching his victims and everything they do)
  • D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 802
    edited January 13

Pyramid head

lethal pursuer: he’s pretty much a pursuer who torments James in the entirety of silent hill 2

play with your food: pretty much in sh2 he stalks James in hallways and sometimes just drops pursuit of him

brutal strength: he literally drags an entire sword with him and there’s a cutscene where he just bashes James with his sword that he falls off a building

deathbound: mostly because James and Maria in SH2

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 664

Nemesis:

• Memento mori (green)
    • marvin´s blood
    • the broken coin addon
    • lethal pursuer
    • tunnel and camp jill valentine
    • memento mori her
    • dc
  • tjt85

Thank you for your contributions so far.

I came up with another build the other day for The Legion (my Killer main) that I thought would be neat to share.

The build is Dark Devotion + Friends 'Til The End + Batteries Included + Fire Up. Add-ons are each member's own personal mixtape and the BFFs necklace.

Dark Devotion & Friends 'Til The End represent the twisted friendship and cult like dynamics of the gang. They have pretty good synergy, with FTTE able to switch up your obsession throughout the game. DD also makes you stealthy, so you can sneak up on unwary survivors (just like the way Frank snuck up on poor David in their teaser trailer). Darkness Among Us indeed!

Fire Up, BFFs necklace & Batteries included represent their escalating vandalism, youthful energy and emphasis on speed. Here's the result of a game I played with this build.

A 3K!

Was a fun game and I got value from all of my perks and add-ons, so not bad at all for a build with no gen regression or slowdown. Obviously, this wasn't a sweaty lobby and I'm not at high MMR, so your results may vary. But they played well (especially the Meg), were able to get the gates powered and might have won if not for 3 genning themselves. It was basically a 3 Vs 1, as the other Nea disappeared as soon as she was on death hook and didn't do much else for the rest of the trial.

• Azulra
    Azulra Member Posts: 452

I have one lore-accurate build for both Jane and Haddie, but it's just a meme build because they're too thick to carry(Boil Over, Flip-Flop, Unbreakable, and Tenacity).

In all seriousness though, my other LEGIT lore-accurate build that isn't a meme is for Haddie which is Alert, Dark Sense, Fixated, and Inner Focus since Haddie is supposed to be able to see things that others can't see so it only makes sense for her to have the ability to see everyone's scratch marks and the killer's aura commonly.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,852

Ahahaha, the reasoning for Batteries Included actually made me laugh. Well done ^^

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,963

Pig

NOED, No Way Out, Remember Me, Blood Warden

Basically giving the sense of escape to survivors until they are not anymore, just like how Amanda used to work her traps

• tjt85

I've come up with build for all you future Alan Wake mains. Just finished a play through of his first game and I really enjoyed it. I'm a lot more hyped to see him coming to DBD now. He definitely belongs in the game.

Anyway, the build is centered around his best perk Champion of Light and is as follows:

Champion of Light (no explanation needed for this one).

Flashbang (One of the best weapons in his game for fighting the Taken).

Built to Last (so you can put fresh batteries in your flashlight).

Dark Sense (to replicate the bullet time mechanic warning you when the Taken are about to ambush you).

I thought about including Fixated so you could really be zooming, but Alan's a pretty realistic video game protagonist. The guy can barely run 50 metres before getting winded, so it didn't feel right for him.