Accessibility > Heartbeat Visual vs Freddy's Sleepytime mode

Options
drSpockwa
drSpockwa Member Posts: 67

I turned on the Heartbeat visual, cuz it's nice to have on, even as someone who can hear mostly fine.

However, I was playing vs Nightmare (Freddy) and was "asleep" so I couldn't hear his terror radius - and noticed that the heart visualization was still showing up.

I assume this is an oops? Prolly shouldn't be able to see see the heart visualization when Oblivious status is in effect?

PC, Epic, Win11

1) Turn on Heart Visual setting in Accessibility

2) Play vs. Freddy on Raccoon Police Dept (RPD) map

3) Progress into sleep state from Freddy's power.

4) Hide out of site (not in a locker, although - maybe) in the evidence room.

5) Notice the heart visualization shows up.

1 votes

Not a Bug · Last Updated

It's showing the lullaby

Comments

• crystalkitti
    crystalkitti Member Posts: 362
    edited January 14
    Options

You sure it was the heartbeat, not the lullaby? Cause that is definitely weird, if so..

Edit: do you know what character/perks you were using? Or what addons Freddy had, by chance?

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,754
    Options

Hey @drSpockwa,

I'm going to second crystalkitti and ask if you can recall Freddy's perks and add-ons that may give some more insight into this issue? Also if you can recall the perks you had equipped as well, that would be appreciated. Thank you!

• crystalkitti
    Options

I'll also add, you don't mean the heart that shows up to signify the lullaby/terror radius when your camera angle is shoved up against a surface like a gen or wall, right? The static image one? Because that should still be there.

I've just faced a Freddy on Hawkins (using StBfL, Brutal, Rancor, and Batteries, with only Wool Shirt addon), and the only time that I saw what might've matched what you're describing is when I got hit (and put to sleep) as I ran out of the exit gate; the visual heartbeat showed on my survivor as it played the 'escaping' animation.

• drSpockwa
    edited January 15
    Options

red heart in my chest not the picture when close to a surface. didn't keep any of the other info about me or freddy. Also, I did not hear the terror radius. Just saw it via the heart visual

• crystalkitti
    Options

Weird.

You don't remember any of the perks? Could it maybe have been something like Dark Devotion, or something that messed with the Radius? I did a quick scan through his addons, just to be sure, and nothing messes with the Radius..

I'll try and keep it in mind if I face any other Nightmares, though he is rarer to see.

• drSpockwa
    Options

Trying ta help. Do what you think is right.

• drSpockwa
    Options

Again. Tried to capture a screen shot in match but forgot the keystroke. Red heart, fuzzy wings on my icon (sleep mode).

Shouldn't be hard to repro...

• drSpockwa
    Options

On second thought - this does correspond with the lullaby, so maybe this is intentional.