We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Should killers be more independant?

Not every killer is nurse or blight and thats perfectly fine. It's actually good to just have a few stronger killers and a lot of Tier A / Tier B killers.

BUT

Some killers are very dependant on certain conditions and some are not even a real threat if they only use their base power.

My main example is the dredge. There is no other killer which power can be disabled without a downside. You can disable the remnant by running through it (risky if you do it alone but for free if you are 2), you can lock lockers and nightfall won't happen unless the killer teleports all the time or you pre drop everything, play safe and avoid hits (similar to oni). Is it a weak killer? No! Especially newer players have trouble with him and even more experienced players can get lost at nightfall (if they are not using windows of opportunity).

Howerver his power relies a lot on certain types of loops where the remnant can come in play without the survivor just holding w and injuring survivors. Nightfall is not really effective on bright maps. Without add-ons or perks I think this killer would barely hit the 30 % kill rate.

Does he need a buff? not really. But I think a partial power rework/buff would be necessary to free him from being dependant on rng. If the lockers are in bad locations half your power is useless. The moment of surprise is gone if you have to travel 20 meters from the locker to the gen.

What other killers do you think are too dependant on their add-ons/perks or rng to be carried? And should they be reworked to have a better functionality with bad rng or maps?

Comments

• BasementKing
    BasementKing Member Posts: 46

Mayers is too dependent on addons, I think he needs a serious rework