We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

The fact this hits and how often it hits is a problem

Comments

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Top pic is when the blade ‘slice’ sound effect begins.

Lower pic is the connection just at landing. Mikaela’s blood can be seen starting to come out of her.

If you look at how Tiff’s li’l head barely reaches the top of the vault, and how tiny her arms are, there realistically isn’t a chance she connects w Mikaela there.

but, hitboxes… all nonesense, tho what can ya do, fr🤷🏼‍♀️

• okaayletsgoo
    okaayletsgoo Member Posts: 155

Cleared the vault and almost on my feet running away, she swung from the side and turned through the window to hit. No it doesn't make sense and it wouldn't make sense regardless of the killer. A straight on lung MAYBE should hit there but from the side? Never.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,715

Since all killers have the same hitbox with lunges and killers have arms (strange concept, I know) they can reach through the window. I mean, just measure your own arm. I doubt your arms will be much shorter than 50 cm. Add in the length of the weapon and you easily get 65 cm. Which is more than in this video.

Plus, the server did not detect the hit the same way you see it. It can't. It only uses the information that your game and the killer's game provide. This however is influenced by latency. Even small delays like 50ms (keep in mind, both you and the killer have latency, so neither of you get a perfectly accurate visual feedback of the other's position, which the game has to take into account) make a big difference. Especially considering the high speeds of a fast vault and the killer's lunge.

This was a perfectly valid hit. It looked a bit weird because Chucky is so small. But the hitbox was no issue here.

• BasementKing
    BasementKing Member Posts: 46

what's wrong? I always get hits like this...

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 345

You were hit before the vault animation ended, I don't see the issue. I've been hit by a Wesker through a pallet after clearing it and moving 5 feet away, this is nothing whatsoever.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,159
    edited January 17

The killer hit detection is a cone, not a line.

Also:

Cleared the vault and almost on my feet running away

So you know that you didn't even finish the vault completely, when survivor already need zero-point-whatever seconds to get enough distance to clear the basic killer swipe reach that goes through windows.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Sadly, this is one of the better hits in this game lol

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 489

Hitboxes in dbd are just that trash. Using Chucky as example is the worst possible case as he has the same hitboxes even though the model is half that size. But i still agree. Depending on how they lunge into pallets and windows it makes visually absolutely no sense to get any hit connection. Still game says you got hit cause the hitbox lingers at the vault for no reason besides devs cant code it properly. But obviously every killer has a gum-gum lunge attack that bends over/around corners. But it just will get ignored as always, or just gets unlogical excuses like "killers have arms".

• Cyber686
    Cyber686 Member Posts: 64

Their servers are trash from 80s. What else do you expect?

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,925

I think that even if we recognize that being able to hit someone on the other side of a vault actually makes sense, it's always gonna feel cheap as hell (like 80% of the time I vent at my TV when playing DBD it's because I got hit at a window). It just is what is its, and it's even more of that when latency is bad.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,806

If you think this is bad, you should have seen the patch they introduced a "validation" when being hit through a pallet.

I swear to ya: I hit a David with Leatherface's chainsaw, I heard his screaming, I saw the blood... and he walked away as if nothing had happened. Frustrating to the extreme.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,925

Or when they had the validation thing going on with DH. That was bad. You'd see the hit, hear the scream, see the blood, and go to pick up, and the surv was gone.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,806

Also terrible, yes.

Hopefully there won't be another validation in the future to cause even more frustration.