The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Restrict survivors from leaving the lobby

Restricting survivors from leaving the lobby will reduce unbalanced matches and reduce wait times.

Also, players who were carefully selecting their allies will no longer be able to do so. This will increase the likelihood that they will be on the same team as the offending player and they will be more likely to properly report the issue.

However, do not restrict the exit of the killer. Killers are very much harsher than survivors. You should let the killer decide whether or not to fight the 4vc veteran army. Otherwise, the killer will become mentally ill when he has to fight them repeatedly lol

Comments

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979

I think it would be more relieving to know that when someone leaves the lobby that I can rule out it being a 4 man SWF.

• adaw0ng
    adaw0ng Member Posts: 687

I was going to agree with you until I saw the last point. By that it would make it so those who look like a 4-man SWF would not find a game. If you want it to be fair, both sides should not be able to leave after 3 times each 24 hours for example. Survivors already can't see the killer (fairly, it would make people dodge more), making it so only survivors are restricted to leave but not killers is very very odd to suggest.

• mugi
    mugi Member Posts: 54
    edited January 18

That's right. Once one of them leaves the lobby, the killer can be sure that the four are not SWF. And that is where the cunning killer will go for it. And the replenished survivors are usually less skilled players. This is my experience, so I can't say it's absolutely correct. ......

Unless you want to fight 4 SWFs, there are other ways to tell them apart almost exactly. The waiting time for killers is short. You'll find a suitable opponent in no time.

Post edited by mugi on
  • Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 759

I don't see any benefit in preventing survivors from leaving the lobby

If you want to leave the lobby, just exit the game and enter it again as if nothing had happened

+ Why do you want to prevent people from playing with their friends? Sweaty or not, let them play the game

• mugi

I'm worried that the killer will quit. Fighting against top-level opponents is so hard that it makes your brow sweat. Novice killers are likely to encounter advanced enemies.

This change may also result in a slightly earlier start of the match for 4-player SWFs. This is because the killer loses one way to identify the SWF.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,066

Lobby shopping needs to go in general, it's not good for matchmaking in anygame

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 489

If there is a bad ping lobby, you are forced into bad games.

If you see toxic players, youre forced into bad games.

If you see a cheater youre forced into bad games.

If you see a complete unbalanced match-up youre forced into bad games.

Great idea. Sigh.

• crystalkitti
    crystalkitti Member Posts: 376

Exactly what this person said.

This is not an idea that will work out in the way that you're intending.. not to mention, as others have said: If you, as the Killer, don't like the lobby (or suspect a SWF/high-MMR player), then just leave. That's on you to choose, and you have the ability to exit out of the lobby any time during the ~55 seconds a full lobby takes to start, if you don't want to face that team.

There is no point whatsoever to locking Survivors into a lobby. It's only going to cause problems. 😓

• adaw0ng
    edited January 19

I think that you are overreacting and overstimating the average SWF. And trying to make it look like fighting against top level opponents is only exhausting and boring as killer means you don't face the same 3 killers as survivors and they are playing for money and bring the strongest things they can (the same way survivors can and usually do), especially how that goes as a solo Q player.

Stop trying to make everything a Side Vs Side oppression olympics and realize that it's a game issue as a whole and both sides have the same struggles and complaints for what is strong or not even strong but repetitive on both sides.

And the last paragraph doesn't make sense or I can't comprehend what you mean because I don't see how 4-mans would have faster and earlier queues if everybody dodges them because they're scared they could be saying their location in a clockwise geolocation on the map, bringing the same 4 builds full of strong perks synergized and so on. Those are the smallest demographic of the game.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,323
    edited January 19

Are you going to also restrict them to exit the game, shut off their PC / Console or remove the LAN cable, too? Because any of those things would have the same effect than just pressing the "leave" button. Alt+F4 and problem solved.

Seriously, where do you people get this ideas from?

• mugi

It is difficult to explain in English, so I will spare you. But I can say this. We are professionals at watching bonfires. And I are not going to keep the survivors stuck in the lobby forever. If the perpetrator does not start the game after a certain time, the lobby will automatically disappear. Or, instead of penalizing them, we will allow them to leave. Additionally, if the line is bad, let them be free to leave.

One last thing. This is also to save the survivors from the worst gaming experience. I feel that a lobby with entry and exit would be much more unbalanced.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

Ah OK, deny survivors leaving the lobby, but killers should be able to continue lobby shopping?

No thank you

• adaw0ng

? Your idea doesn't make sense and it's terrible. I am sorry.

• mugi

haha No problem 😉