We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

I am at my end for dredge

I tried a ton of different perk combinations and gave each of them several chances, I try to mindgame, try to learn from streamers/youtube videos.

Ultimately I have to admit, I give up on playing dredge.

It was my main killer and I still love my turkey boy. But at the current state he is the only thing I can do to win is tunnel and I don't like to do that.

IDK what it is but he feels so slow though being called the killer with the highest mobility. I tend to always be late even with the tp. I know this killer depends a lot on add-ons and rng but the frustration build up for so long now that I just don't enjoy him anymore.

I tried every trick in the book from every source I could find, it rarely works for me. I may not be a top tier killer and thats (as the casual player I am) okay but loosing almost every match for weeks made me realize. I don't like picking him anymore because I am already stressed out thinking about having to deal with every of his powers being countered.

R.I.P Turkey boy. You were a good one.

Is there someone who feels like me that this killer get's much harder then other killers when climbing the mmr ladder?

Answers

• Atom7k
    Atom7k Member Posts: 269

Thanks for your contribution of thoughts.

It is kind of hard to answer the question behind because fun does not necessarily means 4k but on the other hand having 4 survivors escape with 3 hooks or something is not a lot of fun too. Expecially when it's your 6 match.

So I do play for fun and not for the 4k but since the power of the dredge can be outplayed and in chase he is just an m1 killer (remnant games aside) then it leaves a lot of potential for boring chases with zero result as players with WoO will just predrop everything and run and there is nothing you can do about it.

The best working build for me was "rapid brutality", "batteries included", "barbecue and chili", "sloppy butcher". Sloppy butcher is optional to noed as everyone is eager to heal fast against dredge to prevent nightfall.

This is obviously to end chases quick as the main flaw of this killers power is to outplay jungle gyms and large tiles. He is almost powerless in chase without nightfall.

• Atom7k
    Atom7k Member Posts: 269

Thanks for your thoughts.

I do not play for the 4k but for fun. Though it's hard to say it like that because having 4 survivors escape and just 3 hooks is not fun, especially when it's the 5th match in a row.

I tried a lot of builds but I think he is pretty weak in chase. If you place the remnant the survivors will just run away from the loop, teleporting outside of nightfall is not a good idea as you might end up in a locked locker and most survivors will just change direction if they notice your tp. So it's pretty much just holding w for both until a resource like window or pallet is reached.

Mindgames do rarely work as they can hear where you are because of the directional audio the dredge is emitting.

So I think I will have to leave him behind until something in the game changes or a new perk has high synergie with his powers.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

Dredge can be really fun, if you want to learn him, check videos from this guy:

Some maps will be really frustration with lack of good locker spawns. I really hate RPD with him.

• PogbertChamperson
    PogbertChamperson Member Posts: 138

Dredge suffers from the same issue as the trickster and the huntress, terrible locker placements. Maps like haddonfield and swamp will feel rough with the lack of locations to teleport to. I'd like to see locker spawns improved overall since we have a handful of perks/killers that rely on them.