So BHVR nerfed Sadako without any buffs

Options
MikaelaWantsYourBoon
MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
edited January 25 in Feedback and Suggestions

A lot people pointed those things:

1. There is no risk with holding tapes.
  2. Survivors can remove stacks on your face and you can't do anything because of hit animation is longer than tape animations.
  3. Many people pointed her irri add-on is weak because survivors can remove her power easily and she can't build stacks to punish them. Her irri add-on can make her powerless.

But what we got? Nerfs. I really don't know how to feel, it's just big disappointed.

I am not against nerfs, if there is some issues, i am fine with fix it. But why you are making PTB if you are gonna ignore the things we pointed?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,336
    Options

Au contraire. This opens up the possibility of discouraging survivors to take tapes at all, meaning you won't have to deal with your TV's being unavailable. You can sacrifice gen stalling for aggression.

Ie., my original Sadako playstyle, perfected.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    edited January 25
    Options

First part of the changes: You will most likely always turn off the TV near a gen, so it‘s your own fault if you don‘t do it and end up with high condemned in chase. Then when she hooked you, how is she supposed to Tunnel condemned on you, when you don‘t get more on the hook. I really looked forward to it as a cool threatening feature and now it‘s just: wow 2 stacks.

Second part: I watched a lot of videos and no one had a problem with condemned. So I can‘t understand that. I even expected her to get a lot of buffs, but no only unnecessary nerfs.

• YayC
    YayC Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 59
    Options

Thanks for that Behaviour. How you could think more nerfs would be appropriate blows my mind. Tapes still hold no threat (even though the whole reason she was changed from the last PTB to current live is because you learned giving the tape no threat was a bad idea).

• Survivors can still completely delete the ability for you to push power on half the map and major POI's on the map like main building. Seriously you take the tape on main building of Ormand for example and the entire middle of the map is a complete condemn deadzone.
    • She still has terrible chase potential and now the only thing she has is TP'ing quickly.
    • Survivors can put Tapes in your face more than ever so now you spend 45 minutes building condemn and it means literally nothing because there is no threat to letting it build.
    • All this and now you've added back a timer to pushing condemn so you can't even punish players for doing gens right next to TV's.

There is literally 0 chance you will ever push any meaningful condemn on any survivor who has a brain.

Well, I'm going to go equip iri tape and hard tunnel people off hook all game combo'd with "Make your Choice" I guess since that's now going to be the only viable playstyle for her. Nevermind I'll just not play her at all. You reworked her in the first place because she was terrible outside 1 playstyle with very particular addons and now she is substantially worse than her initial form. An M1 killer with a teleport. There is now so much micro managing on the condemn for no reward, it's not worth it at all.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,342
    Options

I told you this would happend and yet people cheered here how happy they are for old sadako to comeback. She went from low A tier to Bottom C again at best. Hope you all happy now.

• jonifire
    Options

Her ptb version was fine: she could have been better, but what they did now was straight up deleting her strength. I saw literally everybody wanting buffs for her or beeing fine with her. Nobody wanted that.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

I´m really sad with her changes, sometimes i sometimes play sadako just for fun, i´m not a super fan of her gameplay but her new version looks boring and also insanely weak

The condemn lock on is literally useless now, 4 permanent stacks in a death on hook survivor, well really cool but it is NOTHING, just bring a memento mori and it will have a better effect than this, the tape does literally anything, it actually buffs survivors because 1 tv will be turned off and you can also turn of other tvs if you want, no downside, the condemn only applies to survivors 16 next to a TV if it´s ON, in bigger maps you will almost NEVER condemn any survivor with a working brain, and you also have a 10 seconds cooldown to use your condemn? so you can somehow waste a teleport? ok you can travel the map in 1 second but why?? the survivor can just grab a tape and be immune to her power for 70 seconds because the condemn doesn´t work in Off TVs (or 45 seconds i don´t remember correctly)

pls, you can keep the limit of permanent stacks but increase the amount of stacks, the anti-teleport spam is not needed because spamming your teleport everytime just hurts you, because you´re mostly stacking players without a tape, and bring back the ´´if you get hit with a tape, something bad happens´´ or even that old passive condemn, something to make the survivor actually have a reason to put the tape in another TV

bhvr don´t need to colect data, she looks so weak, it´s like ´´hmm i´ll make nemesis need to hit survivors 5 times now, i´ll collect data to see if it´s horrendous or not good luck nemesis players´´ just no

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,492
    Options

I’m very disappointed, now truly. I was extremely excited for this first live update of the year. I am very disappointed in the direction they took.

Behavior had such a Win on this until now. Do I understand the early tunnel/early kill aspect yes, but this was way too much of the nerf.

I took so much time creating feedback here for them after playing her for almost 2000 hours and then this. :(

• jasonq500
    jasonq500 Member Posts: 102
    Options
  • MechWarrior3
    Options
  • OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 660
    Options

I don't understand the point of PTBs anymore. They don't listen to what the players are actually saying and just do silly things like this.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,265
    Options

I dont know what is going on. We were on such a good path up until now. She was in a really good spot. Now shes a bit too lack luster.

I will still play her a lot. I will still find a way to make her really good. But this is really demoralizing not gonna lie.

• jonifire
    Options

The most important changes, that were needed in my opinion, were addons and that survivors don‘t see all TV auras only the target TV. Then she would have been great, but no.

Behavior: We did a good job. Why not make everybody hate us!

Behavior Boss: Great idea! Let’s do that!

Hopefully they change those parts back like they did with batteries included!

• radiantHero23
    Options
  • MechWarrior3
    edited January 25
    Options

I agree.

The addons that really needed to be changed were left untouched.

PTB/Forums feedback was it ignored.

Condemn is shot again coupled with her no chase and anti loop potential = being bullied all over again.

Survivors are free to do whatever because they can grab a tape, 10 second cooldown, plus see auras of TVs at any given moment.

I’ll be slugging again that’s for sure. I’m not hooking a soul.

They want me to play healthier? Fine, no problem, but make healthy changes first not this.

• pizzavessel15
    pizzavessel15 Member Posts: 534
    Options

the people that were complaining wanting the weak onryo back were all survivor mains. especially the ones claiming they're "onryo mains." bhvr knows this too, thats why they made her trash again

• radiantHero23
    Options
  • jonifire
    Options

I wanted the old version back (I maimed her before the rework), because of the tv cooldowns, but even her first version was better than this. Now we need a fourth rework. Great.

• radiantHero23
    Options

Not a fourth rework. We need to somehow stop this.....

She was good on ptb. This was absolutely NOT needed.

• jonifire
    Options
  • TSQuint
    TSQuint Member Posts: 88
    Options

This should be expected with this game now. BHVR is going to continue to alter killers, sometimes the same one multiple times, trying to make everyone happy. There's virtually zero competition in this genre so they can keep doing it with smiles on their faces and "golly gee whiz thank you community!" posts. Way too many frustrated players refuse to move on from this game which exacerbates the problem.

• jonifire
    Options

I don‘t Even know, why they do these ptbs, when they can‘t take real data from it. If they did take her kill rate as excuse for those nerfs, then😭. Nobody plays real on ptb.

Yeah see you in 8 months for the next rework.😭