We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Gen builds/rushing better then meta builds?

Atom7k
Atom7k Member Posts: 269
edited January 28 in Feedback and Suggestions

I mean sure if youre really good you can buy a lot of time with a meta build.

Personally I never run the "lithe, resiliance, WoO, adrenalin" meta as I think it's a boring build. I tried a lot of different builds over the years and included gen perks in a lot of them too.

Recently I made a pure gen/genrush build. Since then I only lost one single game as survivor as I finish at least 2 gens most of the time 3 gens and rarely 4 gens on my own (working with others for part of the time).

It makes sense as this game is everything about time management. If you cut the killers time or burn it your chances to survive increase.

Since then I was wondering why so many people stick to meta builds as they are widely known and no surprise for most killers anymore and a lot off people are far better of by hiding then trying to juke a killer.

The second question that I thought about was if the objecitve for survivors is too easy currently. A swf genrush squad can leave a trial easily in about 5 minutes (I think the fastes ever was 02:10).

I know a lot of people don't ever include gen perks or have a swf squad to genrush with but I was wondering if they would also win more matches with genrush builds.