The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Global survivor voice lines a possibility?

Considering we’re getting more and more survivors with voice lines, I think it’s time a system is put in place where SOME, not all of the voice lines can be heard by all players. I understand there are issues to be solved, such as voice lines potentially giving you away to the killer or multiple characters saying the same voice line at once, however there are solutions to these problems.

Only making chase, hooked, and getting carried voice lines global would be an amazing start. Maybe making only other survivors able to hear the lines would also be a solution. Two survivors saying the same voice line at the same time wouldn’t be a huge issue, but I’m sure some kind of detection system could be created to prevent it.

So would it be possible for the developers to comment on if this is something they intend to do? Thanks

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,915

Yeah I agree bHVR has sorta done a half job with the voice lines, because for starters I cant hear them as Killer.

Like think of how awesome it would be to hear Nicolas Cage bicker at me when I carry to him the hook.

bHVR you need like 59% more ambition regarding these voice lines and their supporting systems and I know you WOULD like to do it so make it climb that priority pile pls.

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 326

I think before they do that they should add voice lines for more survivors.

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 339

I'd absolutely love it if they implemented this. I was pretty disappointed when I learned neither teammates nor the killer could hear anything Nicolas Cage said while I'm playing as him.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,649

I would absolutely hate this. I shouldn’t be forced to listen to other survivors saying the same tired lines over and over and over.

There should be “voice line” volume controls in the option menu, so I can turn off everyone’s voice lines.

• Feneroe
    Feneroe Member Posts: 223

This would be a great addition, in addition to having the ability to opt out of hearing others' voice lines for the people who want it.

• ExpertKingz
    ExpertKingz Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2

There are ways to keep the voice lines only heard in key situation, like hearing your teammate Alan Wake scream for help while being carried. A lot of them don’t need to be global I agree, but ones that enhance the immersion and add a bit of horror to the game while also not playing often enough to get repetitive would be awesome.

That paired with an option to turn it off prevents it becoming annoying