Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Champion of Light not working wirh Flashbang

Lupo721
Lupo721 Member Posts: 1
edited February 1 in Bug Reporting

Hi there! To whom it may concern, I was playing the Alan Wake chapter on the PTB when it was available a few weeks ago. While playing the PTB, I played against a streamer, and I went to check their video after the match.

At one point, I blinded the killer with a Flashbang, from the Flashbang perk, and the hundered effect from Champion of Light was applying to the killer after a successful blind.

Champion of Light states that while shining a flashlight, yoy get 50% haste until you stop shining it. The secondary effect is that after a successful blind, it doesn't say with a flashlight, the killer becomes Hindered by 20% for 6 seconds.

The Hindered effect on the PTB was appying.

When the Alan Wake chapter came to live servers, I tested Champion of Light with Flashbang again and played against another streamer. Checking this person's VOD afterwards, they were blinded by a flashbang of mine, and the Champion of Light Hindered did not apply. The killer was blinded, but no hindered status effect.

I went into customs match with a friend, they used Champion of Light on a Firecracker they brought into the match. I was playing killer and just looked at the Firecracker she threw on the ground. I was blinded, but no Champion of Light Hindered effect. My friend then threw a normal Flashbang and we got the same result. I stared at the explosion, I was blinded, no Champion of Light Hindered.

I don't know if this was a bug on the PTB to apply the effect. Or this is a bug on the live version of the game. But I wanted to bring it to someone's attention. Thank you for you time.

Post edited by EQWashu on
1 votes

Not a Bug · Last Updated

As mentioned in the recent Patch Notes (under 'Fixes from the PTB'), the Hindered status effect will no longer be applied if blinding the Killer by an item other than a flashlight: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/430-7-5-0-alan-wake

Comments

This discussion has been closed.