Old or new Sadako?

Options
jonifire
jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
edited February 3 in Polls

I hoped for her rework to return to her OG versions concept with some buffs. I liked the teleport gameplay of her, which global condemned denies, because survivors turn off all TVs near them to counter condemned. The tv auras also were a huge nerf to this playstile, because it makes everyone prerun as soon as the tv aura disappears.

All my ideas work with the mechanics of her first version.

My suggestion: make condemned only apply by the one tv you teleport to and that the amount of condemned is based around the proximity to TVs. This means 0,5stacks (20-16m); 1stack (16-10m) and 2stacks (10-0m). Maybe they could also add that TVs don‘t turn off after a tp anymore. I would also improve her glitching/invisibility/switch time between both modes and keep the useful buffs she got with each rework like short cooldowns of TVs, demanifest undetectable/no pallet stuns/ longer invisibility…

Tell me what you think?

Old or new Sadako? 24 votes

OG Sadako with buffs
45%
OnryosTapeRentalsNickMilianGeneralVDontyodelsohardglitchboiduyguMechWarrior3Skitten56jonifireIDontWannaDiesugarycentaur83 11 votes
First rework
33%
BlueberryA_Can_Of_AiraeonskulSmoeChaosWamCorvusCorax86DreigonixTheSingularity 8 votes
Ptb version
20%
NAERUUUrysmHeavyPressradiantHero23TommyDorkelson 5 votes

Comments

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,612
    Options
    First rework

I liked the first rework, however sadly it encouraged no chasing and mindless spamming. A few QoL changes perhaps were needed.

• jonifire
    edited February 3
    Options
    OG Sadako with buffs

Therefore I wanted the old version back and buffed in both ways.Then people could decide how they want to play and condemned wouldn‘t be the only viable way like in her rework.

I actually got people condemned every 5th game (before the first rework) and I didn’t play for condemned, I just tped very much. That means people, who actually went for condemned, should have gotten very good results and with these buffs it wouldn‘t be too difficult.

Post edited by jonifire on
  • IDontWannaDie
    IDontWannaDie Member Posts: 3
    Options
    OG Sadako with buffs

I cant say I really remember OG version... I do like the way you want her Tp to work with the condemend stacks increasing for proximity to tv. I do belive Tvs should have a little offline time after she Tps, though maybe the time can/should be shortened. She shouldnt be allowed to mindlessly tp so i think its fair that on hook two stacks get locked in... idk tho if they nerfed that as well.

I didnt see any Sadako Players in my 3 days of PTB which was unbelivably sad in my opinion and then they nerfed the PTB buff so i dont expect any more players taking on sadako. I cant say about the invisibility as i only ever use demanifestation to Tp. (Not that great with Mind Games)

I don't think that universal condemned was bad and i liked that if you hit a survivor with a tape their condemned increased. If a change in favour of your Idea would be made I'd say maybe increase the Range for the half stack a little. If she would get no cool down for tping then what you suggested would be great (with the maybe even a smaller range for condemned). 2 stacks should be locked on hook though. And after a Tp a Tv should be off for at least a few seconds. In my opinion

But as far as I know DbD devs dont give a fart about what community thinks or wants. :)

• jonifire
    edited February 4
    Options
    OG Sadako with buffs

Maybe they should have a short offline timer, so people don‘t just tp thousand times at the same loop.

The lock in got nerfed to only lock in 2 stacks (it were all stacks you had in the ptb) in my opinion this feature is cool, but 2stacks isn‘t enough to be relevant.

Her demanifest is really difficult to use as mindgame tool. I‘m almost always in it, but more for the harder tracking part. I think they could make it a really good mindgame power, but right now it’s too difficult too use it that way.

I can‘t tell how much she is played right now, because I mostly play killer, but she was already picked less after the last rework. I saw the OG Sadako as I played more survivor every few days and after her rework maybe once a week or even less.

I have mixed feelings about the old global condemned. On the one side applying condemned was really easy/when playing survivor it was extremely annoying and on the other side like mentioned above, I couldn‘t play her like I wanted anymore. The only viable way was condemned. Now her all Tv condemned is cool, but it brings the same problems and she is more just a noob stomper. Either you play against very good survivors, that you can‘t condemned or you stomp everyone. The first version was great in my opinion, because the passive condemned from tapes stopped people touching her Tvs, so you could always teleport and applying condemned wasn‘t hindered by any form of counterplay, but it also was more difficult and needed skill.

I‘m all for improving this idea, maybe 24-28m would be better for 0,5 stacks.

Post edited by jonifire on
  • Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

new oreo is just old oreo

• jonifire
    edited February 6
    Options
    OG Sadako with buffs

Not exactly she was different. In her OG Version you had your TVs always available, because survivors didn‘t turn them off (shure long cooldowns) and her tapes gave passive condemned. TV auras weren‘t a thing. The addons were better.

She didn‘t need to be reworked only some buffs.

That doesn‘t mean that I don‘t like the buffs she got, I only want her old mechanics back.

Also no form of global condemned, which allowed her to track people with it.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,036
    edited February 16
    Options
    First rework

I'm going with first rework, but I need to explain very specifically why

First iteration of her was pretty weak, if we're just going off what she had available at the time. Survivors could hold her power hostage or ignore the tapes completely since condemned only targeted 1 person at a time if everyone splits on gens. Addons were also mixed but had some good ones, with a problematic Ring Drawing for slugdako plays.

Second iteration was a nightmare to balance, but I think it could have been possible. She also got the anti-stun while demanifested, which was pretty nice. Addons were roughly the same, but Iridescent Tape was a tad weaker and Ring Drawing was brought in line, mostly.

Current iteration, while I do like it, has the problem of TVs being able to be shut off most of the match so teleport freedom with no cooldown feels restricted, weak addon pass (Aside maybe Ring Drawing changes, and Reikos watch being fixed and some of it basekit though, that's a plus) and the hook condemned lock, while great, is limited a tad but I do admit is in a better spot than before.

All this said I still love playing Sadako, just kinda disappointed in both the constant changes, difficulty with the community learning counterplay, and trying to find a sweet spot for everyone to enjoy her as well.

• jonifire
    edited February 16
    Options
    OG Sadako with buffs

I was actually happy that survivor ignored tapes back then, because it didn‘t limit my teleport constantly, which is the thing I dislike about both reworks. I think if they gave her OG version all those buffs (cooldowns; speed boost; lock in; etc) she would be in a good spot.

I think any form of global condemned might always be a bit too much for the average survivor.

What do you think of my idea of making condemned based around the proximity to TVs?

I‘m sad that we didn‘t get her old iri tape back. It was my favorite addon. I hope they leave current ring drawing bugged (maybe make it purple) and that reikos watch goes back to 50% or 33%.

What the current version needs:

• Tv auras removed
    • Small amount of passive condemned (1stack after 50-60s)
    • 1,5-2s tape insertion speed
    • Optional: better addons
  • ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    First rework

I think it's an improvement on the original, for sure. I'd add that it applies condemned as soon as you teleport to the TV, not after you crawl out to maximize the proximity effect. And naturally, I agree on TV auras being removed/Tape speeds/Addon improvements, but I am hesitant on passive condemned until I'd know how proximity condemned would do itself. And definitely keep the condemned lock to really make it a risk to greed gens over tapes.

• jonifire
    edited February 16
    Options
    OG Sadako with buffs

My idea with the proximity was; each time you teleport to one TV, the survivor near it gets 0,5stacks (24-16m); 1stack (16-8m) and 2stacks (8-0m). I changed it a bit from above.

I would definitely keep the lock in, it was a great idea by behavior.

Yes, she should definitely apply condemned as she crawls out, not afterwards.

I think if we would revert her back to only apply condemned by one TV, tapes need to have (strong) passive condemned. Otherwise the whole reason why I want her OG version back makes no sense. I want full control over my teleport.