Offline bots

Options
Hoodied
Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994

will this game ever get offline bots, so people can try to get better at the game using difficulties that increase from easy to insane, because I am online barely and want to play this game offline

Comments

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

There's bots in the tutorial so it seems plausible. It would just be nice to practice.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

Devs said they would never add a offline mode.

But then they also said they wouldn't do certain things before yet still did so your wish may come true.

• Hoodied
    Options

@Shad03 said:

But then they also said they wouldn't do certain things before yet still did so your wish may come true.

I really want it to exist, I am great after 2 days, offline for 12 days, get back and I cannot 360, so I take 4-5 matches to get back at it, it would take time but, they might not want to do it because f13 did poorly with bots

• Grandkurama
    Grandkurama Member Posts: 314
    Options
    Imagine bots that do 360 or are toxic lol
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Shad03 said:

I really want it to exist, I am great after 2 days, offline for 12 days, get back and I cannot 360, so I take 4-5 matches to get back at it, it would take time but, they might not want to do it because f13 did poorly with bots

I want it too, but we will have to wait and see.

• Hoodied
    Options

@Grandkurama said:
    Imagine bots that do 360 or are toxic lol

bots that try to flashlight blind but do it poorly also they might at a higher difficulty like for example, insane they always hit ds and great skill checks

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    What do you mean with difficulty? The game is all about perfect routing and mindgames, bots will never be that good. Bots will always be easy to win against 
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

I also want the bots to send me loads of abuse at the end of the game telling me "EZ baby killer" and that I should go and kill myself etc.

• ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Options
    This isn’t Identity V 
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Would be nice, but the closest you'll get to the bots is a tutorial

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,323
    Options

Damn I would really love that honestly. Especially for a more chill experience.

• Hoodied
    Options

@JawsIsTheNextKiller said:
    I also want the bots to send me loads of abuse at the end of the game telling me "EZ baby killer" and that I should go and kill myself etc.

Lol

• Hoodied
    Options

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    What do you mean with difficulty? The game is all about perfect routing and mindgames, bots will never be that good. Bots will always be easy to win against 

By difficulty I mean if they will be more on the able to hit skill checks, able to throw pallets, vault windows, preform stealth, and killers be able to not camp/tunnel, be able to use perks, be able to use power, etc

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

If i remember correctly the devs said they were not going to do this because an AI would be to easy too abuse.

• Hoodied
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:
    If i remember correctly the devs said they were not going to do this because an AI would be to easy too abuse.

how

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@SadonicShadow said:

how

Once people figure out how the AI works it would be extremely easy to cheese it. In DBD playing killer requires you to be able too out wit your opponent. No one follows a predetermined rule set unlike AI. I would like to see an AI try and employ things like moon walking, red stain manipulation, efficiently turning corners, etc. About all we would get for an AI is something that mindlessly follows you around once it has LOS.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

This is true and the only thing that'd make this worthwhile is really just teaching the basics to newbies like hitting skill checks, when to unhook etc. The rest is all down to actually learning the hard way by trial and error with the latter usually being more prevalent.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    Options

I don't think it would be super helpful for actual gameplay mechanic learning, but I would like it for the sake of having it. Like, maybe if you're changing controls or practicing with a new controller, it could be nice.

• Hoodied
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@SadonicShadow said:

how

Once people figure out how the AI works it would be extremely easy to cheese it. In DBD playing killer requires you to be able too out wit your opponent. No one follows a predetermined rule set unlike AI. I would like to see an AI try and employ things like moon walking, red stain manipulation, efficiently turning corners, etc. About all we would get for an AI is something that mindlessly follows you around once it has LOS.

like I said, "different difficulties" that will be able to set up things like this, but in a different manner, moon walking will never be capable but other things like red stain manipulation could be possible, but that would take time to set up, they would have to set up different things that require ai to tell whats killer stain and not

• Hoodied
    Options

@powerbats said:

This is true and the only thing that'd make this worthwhile is really just teaching the basics to newbies like hitting skill checks, when to unhook etc. The rest is all down to actually learning the hard way by trial and error with the latter usually being more prevalent.

I found a good game to compare on why we need this, the game left 4 dead has a mode called versus, the only way to learn the special infected is either playing online or offline with friends (besides mutations), on pc there is a mod that allows you to play versus against bots, if they found a way to do this on DBD, that would be nice to learn the basics, tutorial teaches you how to play killer in general, but as a rank 20, never really teaches you to play any sort of killer, originally before posting this I thought of a tutorial for each killer, sorta like what the game evolve did with its creatures, a tutorial for how to play it in general, and advanced, bots would be an odd thing in this game cause it would teach players how to play the basics slightly but yet not well, if they actually wanted to do this they could be able to show survivors how to play killer(s) like freddy and nurse (nurse not so much) but the difficulty wil require them to see the skills of rank 1, rank 5, rank 8, rank 13, rank 20 and how they play

• mdg2018
    mdg2018 Member Posts: 153
    Options

Oh, many people have questioned why this hasn't happened, me included for years, but the devs are too lazy to add it. The fanboys will say that they don't want to divide the community or some nonsense like that but making an online-only game already divides players especially since the game isn't newcomer-friendly, and if the game "is so strong and popular" as people make it out to be making an offline mode for training or just to have fun without the stress or annoyance of other players wouldn’t affect the games online player base. But it ultimately boils down to the devs being lazy and prioritizing making a new UI that the majority of people hated over making this that will help the game grow from people saying it's getting boring or the grind of its repetitive gameplay

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Custom game bots would be great.

Outside of getting used to a killer power it wouldn't have that much use as practice mode as basically the AI would never match a human opponent so the most you could practice was killer power.

But that would help for billy curving, nurse blinking, bubba tantrum cornering, hatchet accuracy, Doc shock timing etc etc so its not a bad idea.

The other great thing about custom bots is the PVP experience in this game is incredibly negative. I think the reason people play 2 games and then don't play again for 10 days is often the player base is just unpleasant to play with.

Custom bots would keep players tired of this playing longer, increase their enjoyment overall and as a result their investment in the game.

The more people have fun the more they tend to spend on DLC's and in game stuff.

I still playa lot of largely dead PVP games because hey they have bots and that's still fun. Simple but fun.

There is nothing wrong with fun, but it seems like people here not only hate fun but especially other people's fun.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

It’s extremely unlikely. I’m not being pessimistic either; we still don’t have loadouts (despite over 190 perks.)