The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Huge spike in cheating after the 7.5.0 update

As per title, the 7.5.0 update rolled out January 30.

Within hours of the update being out, and well within the next day, the European servers were filled with cheaters that seem to be utilizing the following scripts almost non-stop:

1) speedhacking with scratches either erased or not catching up to their model, and "sliding" desynced animations - at Billy's Overdrive speed (have had multiple instances of people outrunning Overdrive saws tile to tile, "sliding" away)

2) no-clip and not-hit registering scripts, and no this is NOT a case of whiffing M2s/M1s. Full-on walking through hits and even through Killer collision in straight lines, and even when cleanly bodyblocked.

3) outright teleporting, specifically to hooks and generators, or disappearing in plain sight from open tiles (even had cases when people disappeared out of Whispers range from right in front of me)

4) several cases of outright hacked profiles with Legacy and/or P100 with only ~30 hours playtime.

It is clear that something happened with the 7.5.0 update. Be it vulnerabilities found, or pre-coded scripts since the PTB that released with the update, the situation within the European servers is worse than what we had during summer 2023.

BHVR, for whatever is worth communicating this, this needs to be addressed. And for players that might be wondering if their eyes are playing tricks on them: you are not imagining things. In fact the increased FOV makes it even easier to spot them now.

Comments

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

Yep, just ran into an obviously maphacking billy, that kept instantly beelining to our team even when we were hiding out in the middle of nowhere on the edge of the map. I had distortion and it never triggered once, so it wasn't anything aura related.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,399

I'm pretty sure i played against a hacking Singularity earlier. Also I've been tempted to open a bug report on Shadow Step because some games it doesn't feel like the aura hiding aspect is working, with killers making a beeline to me after hooking despite the other survivors being elsewhere on the map outside of the boon radius. But those same killers also don't bother snuffing the boon out, despite it being right in front of them. So it makes me wonder if it's glitched or they're just wallhacking so they're not affected and don't care about leaving it up.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

European servers are filled with cheaters especially the eastern region.

• Senaxu
    Senaxu Member Posts: 200

you have to get used to cheating in DBD. There is no change in scope sadly.

The only thing you can do is save your money, don't support it.