If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

A Very Positive Update for Onryō! [7.5.1 Feedback]

Options

I didn't expect the upcoming Onryō changes to drop so soon, so it was a very welcome surprise to read today's patch notes and see some buffs for Sadako. Have to say a big props to BHVR for getting on this so quick.

I've been playing around with 7.5.1 Onryō and I'm very impressed with the changes. I've also played two survivor matches against her that were a lot of fun. Died in one and escaped in the other.

As I usually do with Onryō-related changes, I'll go through the patch notes and give my thoughts.

7.5.1 Changes

Removed the Condemned cooldown

Amazing. The cooldown was unnecessary and unfairly hurt her ability to use her power. Glad to see it go.

Increased the number of Condemned stacks that lock in when a Survivor is hooked to 3 (was 2)

Personally, I'd like to see the cap go completely but this is a huge improvement regardless. Hooking now feels more rewarding and she can actually get decent value from Condemned as slowdown.

Increased the Projection movement speed boost duration to 2 seconds (was 1.5)

An unexpected but fun change. Being able to zoom around and land a hit after Projection is incredibly satisfying. This change also helps to make awkward TV spawns a little less detrimental, as you can use the extra speed duration to get to where you need to be from them.

Increased movement speed while Manifesting to 4 m/s (was 3.68)

This change feels great. Losing distance while Manifesting discouraged you from actually trying to use your power for chases and stealth.

Room for Improvement

This was a very positive patch for Onryō, although I still feel there's some room for improvement. While this update has addressed some of my concerns, a couple of points from my 7.5.0 thread are still relevant. I'll briefly mention them here:

• Onryō needs an add-on pass; a lot of her rarer add-ons are very underwhelming.
  • Survivors should not see the auras of powered TVs -- it hurts her ability to use them in chase.

And then there's a few miscellaneous issues I'd like to raise:

• Tape retrieval and insertion animations look janky. Your hand moves so quickly during the animation that the Tape can't keep up and looks like it just teleports instead of being smoothly retrieved/inserted. Either the animatins need to be slowed down again or adjusted to match the current speed better.
  • Ring Drawing still seems to be bugged and doing both its old and new effects. This should probably be addressed pretty quickly as I imagine its going to inflate the amount of Condemned kills she's getting.

Comments