Suggestions for a new mechanic and killer-power-rework

Options
Vecors
Vecors Member Posts: 67

I already posted this in another thread but i guess due to its length it was not permitted - so i just share my ideas here, hoping it does not harm the forum rules:

Basically - change every killer's ability so that it enhances tracking/hunting/downing survivors - at least those

BIlly/Huntress/Nurse/Doc already have that in one way or another

These are just some thoughts i had about them and i also tried to made these thoughts fit with the specific character - also every killer should have a passive ability - these are abilities that are like perks but give each killer, imo, a more unique feeling

Trapper - a very well designed character but very slow in the early game and very prone to people that try to sabo/disarm every single trap.
First of all - the traps a a bit wonky - there are many angles and ways to avoid it if not perfectly set up. Imo in a fast game this shouldnt be a risk and its also pretty "meh" to adjust yourself 5 times infront of a window to make sure the vivor dont just vaults over it. Traps are also very easy and fast disarmed. They are pretty exciting to play gainst cause you never want to go where a trapper came from - i personally like that.

Enhanced Traps: Once the Trial starts - all traps are already armed at spots where you can either see them or in grass - since its the entities playground she could do the trapper a little favour to support the bloodshed.
The Trapper can arm the trapps while moving and throw them at a specific location (this would work like nurse blink) - while doing so he is slowed a bit but it actually enhances his chasing and he wont end up being disappointed the survivor didnt chose to run to the place where he placed traps previously.

Passive: Fathers Legacy - tough childhood and management of the family bizz made him very determined in what he is doing - but seeing the trial as a "whole" he also learned that there are many ways to be efficient - after hitting 2 different survivors, his next attack insta-downs the survivor he hit first - this exposed debuff will last til a person is hooked - this is a way to play around SC and excessive amount of healing (siringes/medkits etc)

Wraith Imo the killer with the most potential , yet very wonky and an ability that doesnt support the way emblems work and how clever survivors operate.

Enhanced Wailing Bell - the bell as his characteristic "touch" should be a harbinger of death - If you hear it - you should be afraid of death.
First of all - i dont like the idea that windstorm is in the standard kit and i dont like how very relevant it is so have it equipped.
Wraith is completely invisible - no shimmer - also the bell can be heard over the whole map. The Wraith remains invisible while ringing the bell - in my version of the story the bell is SUPER loud if you are right next to it and has to be absolutely locateable so you know "damn he is uncloaking right next to me or behind a wall next to me" or "hes far far away im safe".

Passive: Doomed: Survivors that are within x yards after the final chime (that is very very loud) get doomed. This is a way to make the bell useable at the start of a chase and give an adventage for using it properly . A doomed survivor is scared of immediate death and acts illogical. He breaths/moans loader and also laments (a new sound that is very easily locateable and cant be avoided by iron will) . He can not fast vault anymore and if wounded - blood might covers surroundings as well (has to be optimized tho).

Hag - while anthropomorphic - she shows her wild side when using her mori - so why cant she act more like a bloodthirsty beast ? Also - the traps have no penalty for mindlessly triggering them - but we are talking about a "witch" here !

Enfanced Catalyst: Survivors that trigger a trap are marked and their aura is shown if they are outside of a x yard range. Cursed survivors cant read auras and cant use items (they drop items at the location they get cursed) for x seconds.
After triggering another trap, already cursed survivors lose one health-state- only works on healthy survivors.
You cant place traps next to each other - there has to be a x yard range between them - omnidirectional so its not worthless on maps like gideons.

Passive: Bloodthirsty: While/After being in a chase and losing at least 2 stacks of Bloodlust due to destroying a pallet - Lisa can vault over the next pallet that is in her way (this can have a cool animation like her jumping on the ceiling and down on the floor again - sorry design team).
The "range" mechanic also "counters" the classic hag-house-of-fun in the basement and making it basically impossible to escape once trapped there even tho its a mistake to actually get hooked down there - its not fun for both (setting 20 traps on the staircase as well as hanging there waiting for the 20 traps to be set)

Myers - I really like his design - but while hes easy to learn there is not much to master besides the basic mindgames - so i tried to give one myers a way to perform "better" than others.

Enhanced Evil Within: whenever stalking survivors, myers gets an increasing action speed on vaulting, breaking pallets etc. That means - the longer a survivor lets him stalk - the stronger he gets against THAT specific survivor. This is to counter the "ima stalk that dude then i go across the map to trigger the 99% on the other dude"-standard-myers-playstyle and make it usable during chases.

Mark of Thorn: Myers is THE unstopable killer - after being in a chase for x seconds - pallets that would stun him get destroyed and instead of stunning, they slow him for x % for x sec. I agree there are a lot of variables but i just really love the idea of him being the unstopable brute we know from the movies (even the non-kanon ones)

Freddy - well so much potential - but hard to execute without making him absurdly overpowered - this is a very tough one.
First of all - freddy should be able to pick up a downed survivor if the survivor is being healed without having to sleep/hit/kill the probably 3 people healing that survivor

Enhanced Dream Demon:
Extra-action-button model 1: After reaching a specific amount of bloodlust stacks or after being stunned by a pallet - pretty much designers choice - freddy might lunge over objects like trucks or pallets, extending the length of his arms.

Extra-action-button model 2: Freddy can teleport in a locker of his choice in x yard range - if there is a survivor in they are immediately in dying state (maybe with a nice splatter/gore animation)- if there is a survivor nearby he can jump out of the locker with the amount of bloodlust stacks he had after his last chase ended without hitting a survivor - if there is noone in the locker or nearby - he casually leavs the locker like a survivor (size should fit anyway)

Passive: Living on in memories: After waking up a sleeping Survivor - the next locker you enter, the next gen you touch, the next chest you open etc will give a signal to freddy (like the destroyed-ruin-one i dont know)

Pig - while amanda is pretty niche and has an above average skillcap- she suffers from the same problems as the other killers that can easily be looped. so id only give her a passive:
Passive: Poisoned Blade - Not willing to learn from her lessions - survivors deserve a slow and painful death.
Poison adds another health state to the game that can be removed my moving/running around (metabolism and stuff) - This makes target-switching an attractive alternative to tunneling and punishs brave altruists. Once poisoned Survivors have a blurred vision (like nurse-fatigue) and cant read auras (or whatever)

Finishing with Leatherface - as an angry and confused and obviously not mentally stable person - let him rage a little more.
Enhanced bubba saw: bursting pallets with the chainsaw sends wood splinters and nails and all the stuff pallets are made of in all directons - if a survivor is within this range he gets hindered/blind for x seconds/minutes.

Passive: Arousal - getting in contact with blood - on the floor or after hurting/downing/hooking survivors he feels satisfied - reducing his terror radius and red cone.

Comments

• CalledCervidae
    CalledCervidae Member Posts: 22
    Options

I adore these ideas. While taken to extreme, they might be extremely broken, all of them have potential. I especially loved the debuffs you have some, such as "doomed" and "cursed".

• Vecors
    Options

@CalledCervidae said:
    I adore these ideas. While taken to extreme, they might be extremely broken, all of them have potential. I especially loved the debuffs you have some, such as "doomed" and "cursed".

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion !

Yes you are right, they are strong, there are a lot of variables to tweak tho - i tried to give every killer a feeling of power when playing them - such as ,when you hear the first scream of a nurse in a trial, you immediately think "oh crap, better be aware". I think this special feeling shouldnt only occur when facing Nurse - every Killer kinda deserves that. At the end of the day - killers like Freddy are extremely difficult to design and to balance since they are basically "allmighty" in their franchise-movies but have to be some sort of balanced in this game.

• CalledCervidae
    CalledCervidae Member Posts: 22
    Options

Of course. I like any and all Ideas to be considered for the game. And, I agree. Whenever I face a michael, I feel a shiver down my literal spine. I want that to be there for all killers. Killers don't have to be Almighty, but they do need to carry weight in consequences.

• Vecors
    Options

@CalledCervidae said:
    Of course. I like any and all Ideas to be considered for the game. And, I agree. Whenever I face a michael, I feel a shiver down my literal spine. I want that to be there for all killers. Killers don't have to be Almighty, but they do need to carry weight in consequences.

Michael is so well designed, the fact T1 does not trigger premonition makes it exciting every time and, while playing him, it can be so satisfying to punish super altruistic and toxic people.

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259
    Options
    Most of them are really great ideas that should really be added to the game.