PS5 - Wiggle Skillchecks disappearing without getting hooked

Had an issue where a killer tried to hook me but someone blocjed and took a hit for me in front of a hook. The wiggle skillchecks and meter disappeared when the killer got to the hook with the survivor blocking. Button inputs do not work either (meaning you can't wiggle and the vfx for wiggling disapper tool. I could not wiggle, but the killer was able to move around, swing, and hook me still. My camera still worked as normal—only my skillcheck inputs were not. So it was only an issue on my/the survivor side for wiggling. I'm guessing the killer tried to hook me and it disabled wiggling because of the survivor in front of the hook at the same time.

Step 1: get downed and picked up by the killer

Step 2: try to wiggle off in front of a hook

Step 3: Have another survivor block the hook while the killer is trying to hook you

Not sure how repeatable it is. For all I know it was a frame perfect issue where the killer pressed the input for hooking while the survivor prevented the action from taking place.

1 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review