If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Mangled nerf is ridiculous and can't go live without HUGE nerf of survivors' healing perks

Options
fussy
fussy Member Posts: 1,126

I just can't see any tiny logic beside nerf weaker perk/effect when survivor's perks provide literally several time more value.

Mangled 20% vs Botany 50% - WWMI 100% - DM 14-56% - CoH 100% - Leader 25%

How while it is being the best anti-heal killers perk/effect and being worse than any survivors healing perk, STILL nerfed?

I run Botany in ~80% of my games and CoH in 40-50% and Mangled doesn't exist for me at all. My perks neutralizes this effect and STILL provides me value. It's absolute crazy we nerfing it instead of buffing.

"nerf sloppy" became a meme between my friend and me, when we have under 10 seconds heal with sloppy. And my solo teammates don't run healing perks at all. ZERO healing perks in top 10 most used, WWMI only on 14th place, do you really think it would be the case if anti-healing was at least somewhat oppressive?

Sometimes i wish healing was nerfed after that PTB, which didn't go live, so my teammates were need bring some actually useful perks. And in this case, this Mangled nerf would be 100% justified. But it didn't, so there is no reason for this.

I know Excel spreadsheet is more important, but let's use some logic and be honest with yourself while balancing such things.

Comments

• fussy
    Options

You can bring Dying Light and help to neutralize Mangled for survivors LMAO

What scares me even more: variety of killers' perks will be in the worst place after this nerf. There only gen perks and some info (if you ignore that Distortion exists) left, if you are not memeing around.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,024
    Options

I always use We'll make it (really underrated perk imo), so recovery under hook is easy even against sloppy.

If they want it to have limited duration, then I would buff %.

• VomitMommy
    Options

Where did OP asked for nerfs to survivor perks?

Just said that sloppy nerf is overkill in their opinion.

• VomitMommy
    Options

My bad, I am from 9gag, I only read content and never titles :D

• VomitMommy
    Options
  • HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 240
    Options

I will test it on the PTB with my friends before I decided how I think about this change but currently I think the mangled nerf is a bit too much without a healing nerf, so yes I agree with you. One big issue that I also see is that hit and run playstyles will vanished from the game when the nerf comes live. This effects Wraith, Sadako, and Dredge more because they are good killers for hit and run. Stealthy killers like the mentioned Sadako and Wraith but also Myers and Ghostface will also get a nerf due to this because their power is to sneak up on survivors which heal each other. In addition, it will also make many mangled addons useless so killers will have even more useless addons, especiallythe ones who have an addon for mangled and haemorrhagelike Xenomorph. I think some perks such as gifted pain and nurse's calling will become worse due to the nerf. As a result, there will be less perk option and build variety and we will see even more generator slowdown and regression. Next, this nerf to sloppy is also a nerf for M1-Killers which are mostly rather weak killers (Freddy, Clown, Doctor - of cause we also have strong M1 killers like Spirit). Lastly, it only needs one survivor with either botany or We'll Make it to counter mangled perk/addons which feels not fair in the end. Of cause in the update they say it will be an either stay injured until mangled is over or heal slower but in reality I think this will not be the case. If you hit a survivor, you will chase them until the survivor is downed and you hook them. Then this survivor will get unhooked and after all this time, the mangled time should be over - unless the timer resets after a new hit but even then not a big deal.

overall, I am sceptical to this change but will see how it feels in praxis when the PTB goes live.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

People really don't understand how long 60-90 seconds is in this game huh. This really won't effect the status that much and is how the perk should have worked at the start.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 441
    Options

Greatest fake change since 3gen-fake and people are relly crying about it?

• felipesegatto1
    felipesegatto1 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 95
    Options

exactly! the 3 gen was just a survivor nerf. this mangled thing is useless for survivors

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,263
    Options

PTB mangled barely affects solo q, but greatly benefits SWFs with voice comms.

In solo q, there is a lot of pressure to heal soon after being unhooked. Maybe the person doing the unhook insists on following you around to heal you. Or maybe the person being unhooked feels pressure to get healed ASAP, because they aren't sure if they'll be able to easily find a teammate after the mangled timer runs out.

...Meanwhile, SWFs with voice comms can easily coordinate altruistic healing, after the mangled timer runs out.

• Thavus
    Thavus Member Posts: 22
    Options

The timer reduces the effectiveness of mangled to 0% because survivors can ignore it to remove it.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,114
    Options

I mean... Medkits were already nerfed. CoH is no longer a real problem, and other fast healing requires dedicated builds.

I think it's worth a good test to see if it's a bad change or not, I'm okay with it being timed and the amount of time seems fair and I can understand their logic, but I want to see the application of it before having any strong opinions either way.

• fussy
    Options

Yeah, medkits were absurdly strong and now balanced. CoH was arguably most broken perk in the game and still strong. How does it justify Mangled nerf?

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    Options

I would gladly trade mangled nerf for a haemorrhage nerf. The speed that healing progress spurts out of your veins the split second you stop healing is insane.

• Thavus
    Thavus Member Posts: 22
    edited February 20
    Options

Ah yea I forgot about hooked survivors. Mangled will just fall off while they sit on hook. Hopefully this is a joke.

They should consider doubling the duration. Or pausing the timer while they are hooked and in the dying state.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 928
    Options

It was an overused perk with no counterplay, the meta was stay injured for a reason. This will make way for better perk diversity anyways, they explained why in the livestream recently.