Are the devs serious?

Options

I’m not sure if they were trolling or just don’t know in regards to the pig “buffs.” She is, objectively, right now a better character than she will be after the patch. The slowdown/threat of a headpop is the best thing pig has, and it’s being severely nerfed

Meanwhile they are buffing the worst part of her kit, which is still counterable by predropping and running away from the loop. Huge L for Pig.

Comments

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options

A few minutes ago I said no Pig main I know likes these changes, but I said that to a streamer who says Pig was the first killer she bought and she thinks they re fine. So that's one. Every other Pig main I know is not on board. We will see what happens on the PTB how things go, but... I am thinking that my go to build (in which I do not actually get many head pops but do rely on the traps for pressure) will end up with a 0% kill rate instead of my usual 60%.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,891
    Options

It's just hard to see why they extended the headtraps to what is now a minor inconvenience. I liked the changes to stealth and ambush. I even can see the reasoning behind hiding the Jigsaw Box auras from the Pig. The increased time limit though is a mistake though, especially since that I enjoyed those last second escapes.

Then again, just to remind people this is a PTB and they have listened in the past, so with luck they'll rethink the headtrap timer. It's not that the headtraps made a huge difference to the game (they were more a delay tactic anyway), but making them worse is an odd decision. The Pig doesn't have to always be the meme Killer

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,965
    Options

No one should surprised. Survivors don't like rbt focused builds so rbts were always going to be nerfed in favor of ambush.

• Shaddoll_Serpent
    Shaddoll_Serpent Member Posts: 132
    Options

The only nerf I disagree with is increasing the RBT time from 2:30 to 3:00. I think they should instead replace that with stopping to search through a box by any means will no longer force you to have to restart it all over.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

I’m not disagreeing about the traps’ purpose. As it is now, I do get an occasional head pop. That will now virtually never happen.

• woundcowboy
    Options

I mean you keep saying it’s not a strong strategy, yet I have success with it. The weak version would be straight up tunneling/tracking the survivor wearing the trap, which is not what I do.

• Atom7k
    Atom7k Member Posts: 224
    Options

Blight and now Hilbilly are op. Of course they nerf pig

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
    Options

The actual slowdown that she gets isn't changing. I heard this from someone else who said it well. Head pops were only happening against Solo Q and weak survivors. Once you hit SWFS and higher levels they will drop off. So, this change doesn't affect her traps against high level survivors and will allow weaker survivors to deal with the chase aspect instead which inevitably is more enjoyable and give her better chase against stronger survivors for once.

• woundcowboy
    Options

If it doesn’t matter, why change it at all? Your argument is faulty.

• woundcowboy
    Options

If it’s a weak strategy, why does it get me wins? Also, I am putting pressure on multiple survivors and NOT just the one with the trap on.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,370
    Options

I really don't see what the big issue is.

Any Pig worth their salt will intuitively know the rough whereabouts of boxes once they've spotted a few.

Pig couldn't do the AFK thing anymore anyways. There's 5 boxes, and you're guaranteed to take the RBT off on your fourth search.

• Hensen2100
    Hensen2100 Member Posts: 339
    Options

Because the survivor can now just straight up ignore the trap for an entire minute and still survive it? You can search all 4 boxes in 2 minutes as it is. Now you have a full minute of wiggle room, so unless your team is being massacred you have no reason to even start the searches until your trap is active aka just heal and continue to do gens and completely ignore the helmet if it gets you to endgame

In situations where there are 2-3 gens remaining that is a huge loss of pressure since now you can just rush the gens with your helmet on whereas currently at least you are somewhat pressured to remove it before immediately going back to work on gens

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,863
    Options

her slowdown is unchanged and her map control is also unchanged because experience pig memorize box locations. even if your novice pig, you can simply scout the map to see box locations in most cases. the changes specifically target head-pop pig play-styles. Personally, I never found pig enjoyable to play because I did not like her chase and stealth capacity. If she turns out to be under-performing, they can just jack up her values like faster stealth, longer dash and faster crouch.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

It's just a misconception that you still go searching for a box to remove Hell Headgear from your head.

Until now, the actual effect that survivors receive when wearing a headgear is either ``treat the injury and then remove the headgear in a short period of time'' or ``give up on treatment and go to remove the headgear in a dangerous situation.'' It is being forced to.

Since the location of the box was made so that the pig could not see it, it is certain that the management made the adjustment with the aim of preventing ``survivors who scavenge for the box while injured from being knocked down again''.

This is solid proof that it's a nerf.