If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

To All The Ghostface Discussions Out There...

Options

Hello Community of The Fog. I've been reading all of these "Add Ghostface" and "Add Scream Chapter" discussions in the forums recently. I was thinking about it in the shower, and actually got some ideas I'd like to share with you. Please leave any and all comments and feedback below. Thank you!

Killer - The Caller
Name - Billy Loomis
Realm - Woodsboro
Backstory - Billy Loomis was the rather sly and even creepy character out of his group of friends. He had his best friend Stu Macher and Stu' girlfriend Tatum Riley, geeky horror film fan Randy Meeks, and Loomis's own lover, Sidney Prescott. His relationship with everyone had been well. Everyone except Sidney, that was. Billy had been trying to coax Sidney into lust and intimacy, but had been having problems because her mother had been raped, tortured, and murdered the year before. That kept coming back to her, invading her thoughts, and pushing Billy out of bed. At that point, Billy had somewhat forgotten his troubles with Sidney, as recurring murders from the killer using the "Ghostface" costume had drawn his attention. But, there was something about that guise that made it more than a joke to him, unlike the others at school. He probably knew his life was changing in front of his eyes, because that day he and Stu confronted Randy in the video store. That night, Billy knew he wasn't invited to that mansion party, but he was lurking around anyway. It was a killing spree that only someone like him could enjoy. But that wasn't the only thing he enjoyed that night. Loomis actually managed to lure Sidney into bed with him, and after some time alone in the house, Billy gets attacked and is killed. Sidney rushes around the house, running from Ghostface, and encountering Stu and Randy, locking them both outside. Shortly after shutting the door, she sees Billy, lying wounded on the stairs, which he proceeds to tumble down, leaving Sidney to realize he is in fact alive. He lets Randy in, only to turn and fire at him in the chest. He and Stu then reveal how they were the killers, their motive for killing, and how they plan to frame Sidney's father, Neil Prescott, for the killings. Loomis then uses Ghostface's signature killing style to taunt Sidney, and then ends up getting shot in the head, killing him. Hank Loomis, Billy's father, left Woodsboro out of shame for having his son run loose and commit these actions. He was invited back to the town to watch an autopsy that would reveal any mental illnesses that possessed Billy. When they examined his brain, after pulling the bullet out, there was a black "skin" forming in the bullet wound. The black "skin" spread to the rest of his body quickly, and then his whole body turned black and vanished. Billy had then woken up. He was once more enveloped in the Ghostface costume. He tried removing the mask, but it wouldn't come off. He wandered around Woodsboro, wondering where everyone was, until he heard a scream of pain in the distance, as he approached he saw someone. He didn't recognize who it was, but she stared at him, and took off. His instincts told him what he needed to do, and he followed after her.

(TL,DR: Events of Scream 1, Dad goes to Billy's autopsy, finds the bullet wound, Entity stuff infects the body, and consumes it and brings it into the fog.)

The Caller is a trivial killer, constantly asking Survivors the question of "Who You Gonna Call?", presenting them with challenges of his own, drawing them away from their objectives, and luring them in for the kill.
His personal perks, Pop Quiz, You've Seen A Ghost, and Cut The Line, allow him to shut down Survivor objectives, as well as hinder them after an encounter.

The Caller's Perks
Pop Quiz - You become obsessed with one Survivor. Your Obsession has 10%/15%/20% increased Skill Check frequency for repairing, healing, and sabotaging. Once the Obsession is killed or sacrificed, all other Survivors receive 20%/30%/40% increased Skill Check frequency for repairing, healing, and sabotaging, and Skill Check difficulty is slightly/moderately/considerably increased. Teachable version is available at Level 30.

You've Seen A Ghost - Your image strikes a lasting impression on your prey. After being in a chase for 20 seconds, after the chase, once the Survivor leaves your Terror Radius, they are unable to interact with generators, healing other Survivors, chests, and totems for 5/10/15 seconds. You've Seen A Ghost will not activate if the cooldown is still active on the Survivor, and the cooldown will not start again for the Survivor if they are in a chase when their interaction timer is complete. You must start a chase with a Survivor not affected by You've Seen A Ghost for it to take effect. Teachable version available at Level 35.

Cut The Line - Your knowledge of gadgets allows you to do a bit more when damaging machinery. After Hooking a Survivor, the next generator you damage will not be able to be repaired for 10/15/20 seconds, but will only regress for half as much as normal regression. Teachable version available at Level 40.

Loadout
Weapon - Buck 120 - The infamous modified version of the Buck 120 Hunting Knife, an eight-inch knife that has been modified by Ghostface, and made to commit murder itself. It comes with a blade guard and a clip-point blade, making it deadly not just for hunting.
Weapon inspection would look a bit like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-wBZj6O2uQ 1:34 - 1:40

Power - Who You Gonna Call? - Ghostface drops down into a stealthy position, reducing his Terror Radius to zero, and making him immune to detection perks. A Survivor outside of a 32 meter range of Ghostface is randomly selected, and they receive a call. Each call has a series of skill checks, which if one of them is failed, Ghostface receives a notification, followed by a Ghostface laugh, and the Survivor's aura is revealed to him for three seconds. After a call, Who You Gonna Call? has a cooldown of 15 seconds.

Add-Ons for Who You Gonna Call?
Common - Slightly increases the aura reveal time
Common - Slightly increases Skill Check frequency
Common - Slightly increases Skill Check difficulty
Common - Slightly increases the length of the call
Uncommon - Moderately increases the aura reveal time
Uncommon - Moderately increases Skill Check frequency
Uncommon - Moderately increases Skill Check difficulty
Uncommon - Moderately increases the length of the call
Uncommon - Called Survivor is slowed after failing the call
Rare - Considerably increases the aura reveal time
Rare - Considerably increases Skill Check frequency
Rare - Considerably increases Skill Check difficulty
Rare - Considerably increases the length of the call
Rare - After failing the call, the Survivor has reduced action speed
Very Rare - Allows Ghostface to call someone inside of a 32 meter range
Very Rare - Allows Ghostface to see the Survivor's aura even if they succeed
Iridescent - Survivor is Exposed for 30 seconds after the call
Iridescent - After a call, Survivor is revealed to you until they enter your terror radius

Achievements
Adept Caller - Achieve a Merciless Victory with The Caller using only his Unique Perks.
Prank Call - Have 500 (100) Survivors fail phone calls.

Thank you for actually reading this, or skipping to the bottom if that's what you did. If you have feedback or comments, please leave it below. I'll be reading over this every few days, so your answers should come quickly from me. Thank you, and Good Luck out there in the Fog.

Comments

• robin
    robin Member Posts: 149
    Options

seems pretty cool, but cut the line seems really similar to pop goes the weasel.

• Fropps
    Fropps Member Posts: 66
    Options

I like the backstory and flavour text, but I'm honestly in shock at how bad the killer power is. Not to say that it's not thematic or evocative or even that it couldn't be fixed... somehow, just that it has a particularly low power level.

Not only does his power only reveal the aura of a survivor for three seconds, but the survivor is always going to be at least 32 meters away and the power is based on them failing skill checks, something that never happens. Furthermore, he can't do anything else while calling, a huge blow to the efficiency of the killer. Just to top it off, if the call doesn't go through because they succeeded all the skill checks, he has to wait 15 seconds to use his power again? You don't have to give the weakest killer power in the game a cooldown.

But let's go into more detail about how weak this power even if you reveal their aura. After you use your power, you still have to walk over to them. In the best possible scenario, they are exactly 32 meters away, they don't move at all and you can move in a straight line right to where they are. It'll take you a minimum of 7 seconds just to reach them. This is plenty of time for any survivor to run or hide. Not only this, but since the survivor knows you can see them for three seconds, there's nothing stopping them walking in one direction only to run in the other. After you run for 7 seconds to get to where they were, they could be 28 meters in any direction. They're so far away at this point that you won't even be able to see their scratch marks. This is made even worse because most survivors have a general idea of where the killer is. To completely counter this killer's power, all they have to do is run away from where they last saw them. Suddenly, using this power to find a survivor results in a minimum 3 minute long chase. This chase would obviously be a lot longer is they pallet loop you and go from pallet to pallet like any decent survivor does, especially as this power does absolutely nothing to help in chases.

Even if the power was completely unconditional, if you could reveal someone who was right next to you with no cooldown and without the randomness of skillchecks, it would still be garbage in a game where a low tier killer power is a chainsaw they can instantly down people. Besides, the doctor's power is literally a straight upgrade to this in just about every way.

I hope this feedback helps. ;)

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326
    Options

Actually sounds kind of interesting, but as Fropps pointed out it's sort-of~ not in the right place to be poweful enough in high ranking games.

My question would definitely be, could you call the other people during an active chase? Maybe if you are chasing someone, can you call ALL other survivors simulaniously outside of your radius?

Would the survivor have to stand still during the call? Can the killer actually move while the survivor has been called?

Would you consider making it like this: The phone calls themselves can send of emp waves, some how having an effect on generators people are working on? Like either they can't be touched for several seconds or lose some progress?

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    The only reason I believe Ghostface doesn't belong in this game is because Scream was never really all that scary and was meant to be a parody of horror films rather than a true horror film.

I would much rather see someone serious like Pinhead than a halfway joke character like Ghostface. Also Ghostface isn't just one person.
  • ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192
    Options

Thank you for all the feedback so far. Looking to get another idea and rework his power. Looking back, it is pretty situational, and it's very easy to escape from without even knowing.

• ItsDaEmuDood
    Options

Anyone have any ideas for his power. I'm starting to realize as well that the build is too related to Skill Checks, and if you just hit them, there's gonna be no strength.

• ItsDaEmuDood
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    The only reason I believe Ghostface doesn't belong in this game is because Scream was never really all that scary and was meant to be a parody of horror films rather than a true horror film.

I would much rather see someone serious like Pinhead than a halfway joke character like Ghostface. Also Ghostface isn't just one person.

Yea, you're right. I thought Ghostface would fit in because of who's behind the mask, Billy, who was an overall creepy character. By the way, Pinhead would make a great fit in this game, with some kind of hellish realm of his own. You could pull his minions into the discussion as well. I'm kind of regretting putting Ghostface up here now.

• JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 171
    Options

@Fropps said:

Not only does his power only reveal the aura of a survivor for three seconds, but the survivor is always going to be at least 32 meters away and the power is based on them failing skill checks, something that never happens. Furthermore, he can't do anything else while calling, a huge blow to the efficiency of the killer. Just to top it off, if the call doesn't go through because they succeeded all the skill checks, he has to wait 15 seconds to use his power again? You don't have to give the weakest killer power in the game a cooldown.

I hope this feedback helps. ;)

What if the caller has to be 32 meters away but in your crouch state you can see the highlighted survivor and move to them, you can only engage your caller during the call. The heartbeat would grow closer as the survivor would be trying to hit skill checks to end the call.

Its not perfect but I love the idea of something like a stun/freeze to single out a survivor and making up skills/killers is fun.

Nice work all around folks

• JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 171
    Options

or you go the rainbow six siege way and you send out a call to all survivors and they have to channel a "Dismiss call" function to get their phone to stop alerting...you can either leave your phone alerting or stop to channel it off with each survivor that channels it off to earn the "blocked call" cooldown of 30 seconds to disable calls from the killer for that time.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Not all killers will be competitive like in any other game all characters aren't the most competitive. Tier lists exist for that, on the idea I like the ideas, be cool to see the survivor perks
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    edited June 2018
    Options

You've seen a Ghost: cool idea but, people can literally run to another gen by the time the timer goes off or decide to body block. Cool to make people do other things, but the amount of time suggested doesn't seem to really do much.

Cut the line: same idea about how the survivor can just go do something else for the allotted time.

• ItsDaEmuDood
    Options

Guys, should I scrap this post? I mean, I'm pretty much done with it, and only use it as a reference point.

• ItsDaEmuDood
    Options

@robin said:
    seems pretty cool, but cut the line seems really similar to pop goes the weasel.

Sorry. Couldn't think of any other triggers at the time. :blush: