Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Is it normal to have games where survivors completely outplay you?

Options
Vorahk08
Vorahk08 Member Posts: 226
edited February 25 in Ask the Community

I'm asking specifically about killer games where survivors just get all the gens done, are much better at you in chase, to the point where you can't catch them, and you end the game with 1 or 2 hooks. I only have around a couple hundred hours in each role, but I watch videos and read about strategy because I like to deep dive. I suspect the answer to my question is yes, especially at my level, but I wanted to do a reality check.

Post edited by Vorahk08 on

Best Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,159
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, that’s possible.

in theory, there is a matchmaking system in place that should prevent such matches. Everyone has a secret matchmaking rating (MMR) that go up if you kill someone as killer or if you escape through gate as survivor and down if you let someone escape as killer or if you get killer as survivor.

though matchmaking isn’t accurately doing matching players in the lobbies and prioritize short lobby times. And once someone leaves a lobby it starts to just randomly backfill iirc.

so. Yeah. Bad matchmaking happens all the time. These matches can be super frustrating but focus on the fun part and learn something from chases etc. Don’t let it get to ya, it’s just a game after all!

• sabinianmoonstone
    sabinianmoonstone Member Posts: 78
    Answer ✓
    Options

Happens to me, and various other people, all the time. It's a result of matchmaking.

However, I personally love getting outplayed because it gives me a challenge during chase.

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 616
    Answer ✓
    Options

Of course it happens. I also had that kind of experiences.

But you don't need to be depressed. You have both good day and bad day.

• Coz
    Coz Member Posts: 47
    edited February 27 Answer ✓
    Options

All the time my friend.

Positive spin on it… it’s so sweet when you do get a few kills, a good chase or a decent amount of hooks and hits.

Main thing is to always have fun :)

Post edited by Coz on
  • MadameExotine
    MadameExotine Member Posts: 177
    Answer ✓
    Options

One thing that might help is trying to play at different hours if you can. Some time slots tend to have more competitive players on depending on region.

I know for my region, playing after 8pm games become more challenging, and at 11pm~3am are what me and my friend call "demon hours".

On the other hand, whenever I've played when the sun is still up, games have been relatively casual ("Casual at Daylight"? 😌)

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes stomps can happen. The even happen in games like LoL where the matchmaking and the pool of players is a lot better. The stomp can happen on an individual level (mid vs mid, top vs top etc.) or on the whole team (every laner of team blue losing their lanes/macros etc.). And that game has ranked in it, so people are around the same level and there are no smurfs/de-rankers. It can happen either due to chance or people having a bad game, or playing against something that counters them.

Answers