The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I really hope the Legion buffs go through...

It's nice that they actually seems like a threat. You can no longer just not heal and laugh in their faces as they chase you at 4.4 m/s.

If you heal it's like nothing happened to Legion at all it really is a nice QoL change for him!

Do you guys like the changes to him?

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I hope they don't implement that buff. Not as long as their is no counterplay to The Legion. He'll just be even less fun to play against than already. We don't need people stop playing survivor. Please no.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited January 2019

Yeah, I like being down in two hits with Stab Wound Study and Franks Mixtape, with no counterplay. Wait... no I don't, that was a ######### lie.

This killer needs to be reworked immediately after Freddy.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@ScottJund said:
    No, almost nobody likes the proposed changes.

How would you make him strong then? He shouldn't need mix tape to be viable. Every killer should be useable man...

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

No, I don't like the changes.

Right now, the most important problem with the legion is the lack of skill from both sides. As a survivor, you just take it into your ass and hope that your teammates are genrushing him. As a killer, you just use your power and ignore, stealth, missed attack cooldown, pallets, windows etc.

He needs a rework and be more like clown and spirit, if possible, close to spirit. He should require skill but the opposite side should have a saying. Even if the survivors feel weak like they are against nurse or spirit, they should not just take it into their asses and be done with the game.

I want viable and fun killers and this is not the path to create a viable and a fun killer. I hope the devs see this too and start to work on him.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited January 2019

@Mc_Harty said:
    Yeah, I like being down in two hits with Stab Wound Study and Franks Mixtape, with no counterplay. Wait... no I don't, that was a [BAD WORD] lie.

This killer needs to be reworked immediately after Freddy.

Heal then that won't happen. It'll be like he was never buffed. The purpose is to waste time so he isn't rushed so hard.

• Mc_Harty

@Bbbrian2013 said:
    Heal then that won't happen. It'll be like he was never buffed.

You're joking right?

Aren't you aware how broken that ######### is? At least Nurse has counterplay.

• Morfedel
    Morfedel Member Posts: 231

remove deep wound mechanic. Have his attacks during frenzy be normal attacks. Remove detecting other survivors. I think that should do it. He will be vaulting, knife attacking, doing normal hits, etc and not worrying about the deep wounds, but also keep that auto detection of everyone else from causing him to hunt everyone down too.

• Mc_Harty

@SenzuDuck said:
    "Just heal" a lot can happen in 40+ seconds (mending + healing).

BTW @SenzuDuck this is what I was talking about earlier
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJPFaPVxuAQ

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@ScottJund said:

How would you make him strong then? He shouldn't need mix tape to be viable. Every killer should be useable man...

I dont think many people would argue against that. He should for sure be made viable and useable without addons as all killers should be. The problem with Legion is his power at its very core is the worst of both worlds. He is extremely unfair and has almost zero counterplay as survivor yet as killer he is trash tier and worse than freddy at securing kills. I agree when people say he needs to be reworked. He needs to be both fair and strong and right now he is neither. I dont have a solution but we cant simply buff and nerf our way out of this. He needs a fundamental rework. Legion is just poorly designed mechanically.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Mc_Harty said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    "Just heal" a lot can happen in 40+ seconds (mending + healing).

BTW @SenzuDuck this is what I was talking about earlier
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJPFaPVxuAQ

Yea, I wasn't using the right addons, it's silly mate!

• BBQnDemogorgon

@SadonicShadow said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@ScottJund said:

I dont think many people would argue against that. He should for sure be made viable and useable without addons as all killers should be. The problem with Legion is his power at its very core is the worst of both worlds. He is extremely unfair and has almost zero counterplay as survivor yet as killer he is trash tier and worse than freddy at securing kills. I agree when people say he needs to be reworked. He needs to be both fair and strong and right now he is neither. I dont have a solution but we cant simply buff and nerf our way out of this. He needs a fundamental rework. Legion is just poorly designed mechanically.

So you're saying we either get this buff or we wait a year or more for a rework...

This is Freddy all over again this buff HAS to go through then rework in a year. Don't let him be useless for a year.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@ScottJund said:

So you're saying we either get this buff or we wait a year or more for a rework...

This is Freddy all over again this buff HAS to go through then rework in a year. Don't let him be useless for a year.

No, not when you can insta down with ultra fast pallet and window jumps there's no counter.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Morfedel said:

remove deep wound mechanic. Have his attacks during frenzy be normal attacks. Remove detecting other survivors. I think that should do it. He will be vaulting, knife attacking, doing normal hits, etc and not worrying about the deep wounds, but also keep that auto detection of everyone else from causing him to hunt everyone down too.

I honestly like that better. Then they can bring back the double stun to give survivors more time to hide and maybe take away the no cooldown between attacks. Increase the Frenzy duration and decrease the cooldown time for the power and they should be good. Deep wounds just doesn't work as a mechanic. Its tedious for both the killer and the survivor (except when the survivor has BT)
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    edited January 2019

@SenzuDuck said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@ScottJund said:

No, not when you can insta down with ultra fast pallet and window jumps there's no counter.

There doesn't need to be a counter. What is Nurses counter?

We could finally have a second S tier killer. Survivors have always been strong why can't killers?

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284

So a Nurse that you pick up and master in one or two games? An S tier killer that you don't have to spend hours and hours in to master? That totally makes sense.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@BadMrFrosty said:
    On one hand, I sympathize with the fact that survivors have no counterplay to Legion. It really reeks of awful game design. However, survivors have been so overwhelmingly powerful for so long, that I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting some level of smug satisfaction from this whole ordeal. Guess it kinda sucks, huh? Feeling like you have very few options - that sense of pressure, stress, and the impending doom of inevitable failure?

Welcome to the killer life, survivors! Now you get to enjoy about as much counterplay as most of your semi-infinites and safe loops have.

Feelsdookieman.

At one point i would be feeling a bit of glee aswell but not anymore. Legion is just straight up bad for both sides and not at all healthy for this game. Both sides are getting the short end of the stick here.

• Mc_Harty

@Dreamnomad said:
    There seems to be a lot of hyperbole in this thread. This isn't a very big buff. If you are walking around injured then you deserve to go down faster. That is just common sense.

It's not common sense for a killer to ignore gameplay however.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2019

@SadonicShadow said:

@BadMrFrosty said:
    On one hand, I sympathize with the fact that survivors have no counterplay to Legion. It really reeks of awful game design. However, survivors have been so overwhelmingly powerful for so long, that I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting some level of smug satisfaction from this whole ordeal. Guess it kinda sucks, huh? Feeling like you have very few options - that sense of pressure, stress, and the impending doom of inevitable failure?

Welcome to the killer life, survivors! Now you get to enjoy about as much counterplay as most of your semi-infinites and safe loops have.

Feelsdookieman.

At one point i would be feeling a bit of glee aswell but not anymore. Legion is just straight up bad for both sides and not at all healthy for this game. Both sides are getting the short end of the stick here.

I'm aware of the issues Legion's design causes, for sure. It's just funny to see how fast people respond to something perceived as 'unhealthy' when the shoe's on the other foot. I'm sure none of this will actually go through, though. Remember the supposed DS changes? Me too.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

@Mc_Harty said:

@Dreamnomad said:
    There seems to be a lot of hyperbole in this thread. This isn't a very big buff. If you are walking around injured then you deserve to go down faster. That is just common sense.

That doesn't really have anything to do with this change though. If you want to argue that the killer's ability is fundamentally broken that is one thing. But with the killer's ability as it currently stands it just makes sense that if they stab you while your are injured that you don't get the full deep wound timer. It should never be the optimal strategy for survivors to ignore being injured against any killer.

• Mc_Harty

@Dreamnomad said:
    That doesn't really have anything to do with this change though. If you want to argue that the killer's ability is fundamentally broken that is one thing. But with the killer's ability as it currently stands it just makes sense that if they stab you while your are injured that you don't get the full deep wound timer. It should never be the optimal strategy for survivors to ignore being injured against any killer.

On that I agree. Which is why I wanted a rework. Made no sense.

• JetTheWaffleCat

@Dreamnomad said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@Dreamnomad said:

The fact that staying injured is the most viable strategy is on of the reason why Legion is so poorly designed. The fact that they're using this horrid bandaid fix instead of gut reworking them is absolute asinine.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited January 2019

@JetTheWaffleCat said:

@Dreamnomad said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@Dreamnomad said:

The fact that staying injured is the most viable strategy is on of the reason why Legion is so poorly designed. The fact that they're using this horrid bandaid fix instead of gut reworking them is absolute asinine.

They're offering this to us as a solution because it would take forever to rework him...How long have we been waiting for Freddy to be reworked?

I'd rather have a band-aid than wait forever for a rework that may never come!

He needs to be viable without a rework because bhvr takes their sweet ass time with reworks...

• ad19970

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@ScottJund said:

They shouldn't make him stronger. Not until survivors have a way of defending themselves against him and being able to affect the chase. These changes would be so bad I don't even want to think what will happen if they go through. Hello again 30 minute killer queue times.

• JetTheWaffleCat

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@JetTheWaffleCat said:

@Dreamnomad said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@Dreamnomad said:

They're offering this to us as a solution because it would take forever to rework him...How long have we been waiting for Freddy to be reworked?

I'd rather have a band-aid than wait forever for a rework that may never come!

He needs to be viable without a rework because bhvr takes their sweet ass time with reworks...

Is this band-aid fix really the right way to go though? It's known that the majority of survivors, even killers think that Legion is very unfun to go against. This band-aid fix is not the way to go. Yes, it makes Legion viable, but decreased their fun factor even more. Hopefully the Freddy rework is going to arrive soonish. It's been more than a year and he's still god awful.

• JetTheWaffleCat

@BadMrFrosty said:

@JetTheWaffleCat said:

@Dreamnomad said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@Dreamnomad said:

BVHR: Releases a killer that is poorly designed and conceptually broken.
    Community: Expects BVHR to put time and effort into reworking said killer.
    BVHR: Changes nothing and buffs killer.

gET BhVrED

• BBQnDemogorgon

@Severus_Swiggleton said:
    The mythical Freddy Rework. We still believe that's actually a thing?

McLean is the one designing the new Freddy and he's played early builds of it. He just told us this last week.

So it should be here in the next few months.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

We have another very strong killer. Deal with it.

Being stealthy around Legion is incredibly important. The changes to him are amazing. They simply need to leave him be.

He's strong, as a killer should be. They did buff Self Care, but no one cares about that lol

People were starting to not heal at times against him. Now you need to. Maybe they could make it 1 second in between stabs? So it can't be spammed?

I think he's top tier and strong. As he should be. PLaying against him is intense and tough. ADapt.

• BadMrFrosty

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Being stealthy around Legion is incredibly important. The changes to him are amazing. They simply need to leave him be.

He's strong, as a killer should be. They did buff Self Care, but no one cares about that lol

People were starting to not heal at times against him. Now you need to. Maybe they could make it 1 second in between stabs? So it can't be spammed?

I think he's top tier and strong. As he should be. PLaying against him is intense and tough. ADapt.

Something something about 'fun' which is highly subjective, something something counterplay which survivors give killers a ton of.. blah blah. Sigh. We've been here before, haven't we?

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    edited January 2019
    What they should do is right click and delete him/her from the game.
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@BadMrFrosty said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Something something about 'fun' which is highly subjective, something something counterplay which survivors give killers a ton of.. blah blah. Sigh. We've been here before, haven't we?

We have, and you must of been on the losing end of logical debate.

Sighs...

• BadMrFrosty

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@BadMrFrosty said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

We have, and you must of been on the losing end of logical debate.

Sighs...

What can be said that hasn't already been covered by both sides on the topic? These same principles are brought up and discussed at length in most Legion threads, so what are we possibly going to debate that hasn't already been done to death? Come on now.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

You are insane if you think the dev are genuinely going to let that buff go throught.

What Legion need is an entire rework, his power can't be balanced he will ever be to weak because of the down side that go along his power or too strong.

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Playing against him isn't intense or tough. You might as well just stand still if he ferals you with Frank's - its the same amount of input you can do to counter him.

• ad19970

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Strong killers are good as long as the skill of survivor player can also affectthe duration of chases against the killer. As long as there's no counterplay to Legion, they shouldn't buff him. It would be awful. Who wants to play against a killer where you can't do anything against them and instead just have to wait until you get downed?
    Unless you want the game to turn into killer lobby simulator, the changes to Legion should not happen.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    edited January 2019

You guys have had about a month and a couple of days to adapt against him. Use SB and Lithe, stealth(real stealth, don't sit on a gen when you hear a terror radius move your behind.), And juke them like nurse because his biggest thing is sight, he can't see scratch marks when in frenzy.

We have another good killer. I'm tired of having Survivors uproar over every little thing. If you ask me, they're the ones that pushed this type of gameplay. When you started looping way back when there had to be counters to it. Now we've gone to the next logical step and made a giant F-U to pallets. And because you can't loop him to death or actually have to use a bit more thinking to evade him, now it's "not fun".....

• JetTheWaffleCat

@Dwight_Confusion said:

How are survivors suppose to adapt to a killer that has very little counterplay? Even Nurse has more counterplay than Legion. Let me ask, should a high tier killer have no skill ceiling? Should the killer and survivor be forced on the same skillcap no matter how much experience one side has because of what killer they play?

• ScottJund

@Gardenia said:
    You guys have had about a month and a couple of days to adapt against him. Use SB and Lithe, stealth(real stealth, don't sit on a gen when you hear a terror radius move your behind.), And juke them like nurse because his biggest thing is sight, he can't see scratch marks when in frenzy.

We have another good killer. I'm tired of having Survivors uproar over every little thing. If you ask me, they're the ones that pushed this type of gameplay. When you started looping way back when there had to be counters to it. Now we've gone to the next logical step and made a giant F-U to pallets. And because you can't loop him to death or actually have to use a bit more thinking to evade him, now it's "not fun".....

You've never played a single game against Legion in your life, have you?

• Gardenia

@ScottJund said:

@Gardenia said:

Actually yes I have many times. And you know what happened? We miraculously have a higher escape rate against them....Gee I wonder why... Hmmmm...

Also as Legion high rank survivors do the things listed and manage to evade him.

• ScottJund

@Gardenia said:

@ScottJund said:

@Gardenia said:

Actually yes I have many times. And you know what happened? We miraculously have a higher escape rate against them....Gee I wonder why... Hmmmm...

Also as Legion high rank survivors do the things listed and manage to evade him.

Would you like to get a group together and KYF with me being Frank's Mixtape Legion? I'd love to watch you counter me!

• ScottJund
    edited January 2019

@ScottJund said:
    Would you like to get a group together and KYF with me being Frank's Mixtape Legion? I'd love to watch you counter me!

Yup, because one setup match should determine the fate of a patch. Reasonable.

What does that have to do with the patch? I'm just trying to find out a way to counter Legion and he seems to know how.

• BadMrFrosty

@ScottJund said:

@Gardenia said:

@ScottJund said:

@Gardenia said:

I'm curious, so humor me if you will for a second. If this change goes through, what are you going to do? I highly doubt you'll stop playing the game, at worse, you'll disconnect against a Legion (which, if done too much, is apparently a bannable offense). BVHR can do whatever they want with the game, and will rarely, if ever, listen to their highest tier of players where balance is concerned. You already knew that though, and it's not like they have any real competition in the genre to force them into competence.

• Gardenia

@ScottJund said:

@ScottJund said:

Yup, because one setup match should determine the fate of a patch. Reasonable.

What does that have to do with the patch? I'm just trying to find out a way to counter Legion and he seems to know how.

Not just me, literally all high ranking Survivors.
    But you keep acting like I'm the only one who knows these things.

If you don't know by now, then maybe you should stop whining about him and try to understand him.

I'm not getting into a match with you because it's one match, and especially if it's one on one there's no chance.

BECAUSE that doesn't simulate a real match at high rank. When you have multiple high rank survivors in red rank that know what they're doing, Legion gets destroyed. They've already learned to split in groups of two's and the other stuff I've listed.

Also, just because he downs you doesn't mean it's the end of the match, you have to get hooked 2 maybe 3 times. That's not to include items you bring in such as insta heals.

Take a chill pill dude.