How would you change or improve an old perk?

Options
OneGoodBoyDemo
OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 409
edited March 1 in Feedback and Suggestions

The community has some really interesting ideas regarding creating, changing or improving a perk, so l would like to see some of your ideas and share some of mine.

REPRESSED ALLIANCE

repressed alliance activates after you repair a generator for 45s.

while the perk is active, you can call the entity to block or unlock a blocked generator for 30s. During this time, the affected generator cannot be blocked again until the countdown ends.

APPRAISAL

start the trial with 3 tokens. As long as you hold an item that has not been used, appraisal will activate.

you can consume 1 token to INSPECT an item changing it’s rarity.

POISED

poised will activate after you complete a generator. next time you enter a chase, you won’t leaves scratch marks for the next 30s.

BOON: DARK THEORY

any survivor within totem range gain 2% haste and 10% vaulting speed. you will also be able to see the auras of windows and downed pallets within range.

BOON: ILLUMINATION

increases the range of blessed totems by 4m.

any survivor within range of the totem sees the aura of all chests and generators in blue while generators that are being repaired by other survivors will have a white aura.

you can destroy, bless and open chests 20% faster.

ROOKIE SPIRIT

after completing 3 skillcheks you will be able to see the auras of all regressing generators.

when you interact with a generator that has lost 15% or more progress, you gain 10% repair speed for 10s.

these are some of my ideas.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

this would be a buff/removal of coin offerings but ace in the hole spawning an extra 3 chests in a trial

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,225
    edited March 1
    Options

I got some ideas

Solidarity / Reactive healing / Resurgence

Buff: Healing progress gained from these perks isn't reduced by hemorrhage

Reasoning: I just don't like how hemorrhage interacts with these perks and it might make them see more usage

Ace in the hole

Upon equipping this perk you choose a powerful temporary (lost at the end of the trial) item along side it, medkit / toolbox / flashlight / map / key

The auras of chests are revealed to you

Once per match you can rummage through a chest at 50/60/70% speed to gain the chosen item

Medkit: 16 charges (no self heal penalty)

Toolbox: 20 charges (charges applied to gens from this item decrease the maximum amount of charges needed to repair the gen like how a bnp works)

Flashlight: 10 charges (blinding the killer reveals their aura to all survivors for 5s)

Map: 10 charges (you may spend a charge to mark an object for 120s revealing its aura to all survivors)

Key: 1 charge (you can use this on an exit gate and it will automatically open itself at 50% your opening rate until it fully opens the gate, cannot be used on hatch, and just in case you need to hear it yes all gens need to be powered)

Reasoning: I like the idea of a strong items that you need to sacrifice a perk to use and having a variety that you can choose from should make it interesting no matter what direction you take it

Up the ante

Rework: Your aura reading effects persist 2 seconds longer and are shared with teammates within 24/28/32m of you

Reasoning: Luck is a silly mechanic and frankly we just need to move on from it

Aftercare

Buff: No longer resets upon being hooked

Reasoning: Having to work to see your teammates auras and they see yours is a lot of effort and losing it all just makes it a worse bond 9 times out of 10 so making it permanent can provide a lot of value but you still have to work for it so I think its balanced.

Autodidact

Buff / Nerf / Rework depending on how you look at it I see it as an overall buff though

Nerf: No longer receive random skill checks while healing a survivor

Buff: Upon reaching 50% healing progress while healing another survivor you receive a skill check

Nerf: Hemorrhage decreasing the progress below 50% doesn't cause another skillcheck at 50%

Reasoning: Just makes the perk extremely consistent and no longer luck based, off the first heal you always would get 3 stacks since you reduce it below 50% progress on those first two skill checks. And on the 3rd heal you max out its effect. Then effectively for the rest of the match healing takes half as long since the skillcheck at 50% gives the 50% bonus.

That's all I care to play around with for now

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Decisive Strike is essentially useless unless you are in a fortunate location to drop a pallet/vault to make distance. Against a Nurse, Blight or Billy chances are you will get very little out of DS other than a brief inconvenience.

Increase stun time back to 5 seconds, simple as that. No other changes.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,073
    Options

Spine Chill:

Revert the nerf and let me waste Nurse and Spirits time like I used to.

Borrowed Time:

Remove collision from the rescued survivor for up to 15 seconds.

Undying (it’s old in terms of gaming 😅):

Transfers hexes up to two times. If the hex is Undying, it transfers but the other two transfers remain available (will only be free once).

Unbreakable:

Grants endurance for 7 seconds after standing up.

Or

Allows you to bleed out 50% faster if you already used it to get back up.

Or maybe both?

Iron Maiden:

Along with the scream and exposed- Reveals Survivors Aura for 5 seconds after exiting the locker. Does not extend with Lethal Pursuer.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 740
    Options

If Wraiths Bloodhound perk let you see pools of blood through walls at up to 32 meters it would go from an f tier to S tier perk

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

I'd turn Territorial Imperative into a portable Hex, where the Killer can light up a Totem and create a radius of 32m where the auras of Survivors can be seen within it for a few seconds every time they enter.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

Just give bamboozle a buff where you vault the window very faster. Like a nitro vault.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,548
    edited March 1
    Options

Unnerving Presence - In addition to current effects it now also eliminates great skill checks entirely while in the killer's terror radius (ie. there will only be a good skill check zone).

Friendly Competition - When completing a generator with at least one other survivor, you and other survivors you completed the generator with gain the following:

• 5% repair speed bonus (unchanged)
    • 10% bonus to healing, sabotaging, cleansing, blessing, unlocking, unhooking, and exit gate opening (new effect)
    • This lasts 70/80/90 seconds (was 45/60/75).

Spine Chill - Action speed bonus is increased to 6/8/10% (was 2/4/6%) and now lingers for 5 seconds (was 0.5 seconds).