BHVR, can we expect Billy's nerf?

Options
Monsoon
Monsoon Member Posts: 3
edited March 1 in Feedback and Suggestions

The killer is not fun playing against. His chainsaw is way too strong now. You don't have time to even get anywhere when he misses a hit. Even new players can easy get 4 kills. How do we suppose to play against some sweaty ones?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Best Answer

Answers

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

Well, Billy should be fine as is, although there may be some minor add-on adjustments.

If you want nerf Billy, it will just increase the nerf and blight. There's no need to nerf Billy if you're tired of playing against them.

• Yoshirama
    Yoshirama Member Posts: 312
    Options

Billy just needs a longer cooldown, that's all

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 950
    Options

it's that or his chainsaw should be only taking 1 health state if it's to stay the way it is. Their is little no risk to it anymore

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

I find him not difficult to counter and didn't even know he got changed.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,548
    Options

I disagree. I get out quite often against Billy. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

Wait, what? You didn't notice the blue glow? That's impressive.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,160
    Options

here we go again. Sounds like billy needs overheat again.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

In order to prevent reincarnation in the same place, we all need to look into history and find out why buffs and nerfs were done at the time

The problem is that even developers forget what they were thinking and saying. Therefore, all players say this in unison. "Did you forget what you said before? The problem arose because you wanted it to happen, right?"

Official JP in particular are geniuses about this and have created many famous sayings.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,987
    Options

Just a month or two from now and you won't be noticing a difference with Billy.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Options

I mean, he can't stay the way he is LMAO he is a better Blight and Oni now, with no power CD and higher reward with lower risk.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,637
    Options

You need to elaborate on how this is the case... Because I find this hardly arguable ^^

• nValentine
    nValentine Member Posts: 144
    Options

bro what distance are you talking about? i literally have a clip where i dodge his chainsaw at a jungle gym and tried to make it to the pallet which is obviously so close and i couldn't he downed me with an M1. you literally can't make any distance idc about whatever math you're saying here. in action none of what you're saying happens and i literally clipped to make sure to show it to anybody who says you can make distance whenever he misses.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Options

he can do both of what these killers can, still has no CD and his power takes 2 health states, doesn't require and injury for his blue chainsaw like oni does his m2... lmao

• Archol123
    Options

Onis power has far better steering and basically get a hit almost every tile in the game, whereas Billy still cannot curve every tile and Blight also on a completely different level when it comes to steering... Both of them don't bump and go into cooldown because of it... The comparison seems a bit unreasonable to most people with some experience in the game... Sure Billy is good, but you can still outplay him if you know what you are doing.

• Archol123
    Options

"idc whatever your math says" is a questionable statement good sir... You might want to rethink that ^^ Because doubting that math works is an odd thing to suggest xD

• Rokku_Rorru
    Options

tbf they have a point re the hitboxe and servers, there is so much inconsistency not to mention the jank FoV sliders seem to have brought with them.

I got hit by a flashbang which was behind me while playing billy the other night, and I've gotten so many hits under pallets I shouldn't have thanks to it.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 381
    Options

Not good enough! Make it like Tricksters' blades, at least 6 hits for one health state.

• Archol123
    Options

So the exact numbers with which the killers power work are irrelevant? OK bro if you say rivers run uphill it might as well be like that...

OK the math Society in general will look forward to that paper :) Please send me a copy I am looking forward to it.

I can understand it sometimes feels like less but that might as well be because you unluckily ran in the direction in which the Billy already missed his chainsaw therefore shortening the distance you already gained... Usually the chainsaw will not miss you by one pixel so the distance will already be a bit bigger than the raw numbers. However have you compared Billy's cooldown to the cooldown of other high mobility killers like Blight or Oni in his power? :) Maybe that helps you to rethink whether or Not Billy's cooldown really is short or not...

• Rokku_Rorru
    Options

I did quote the right post as I was replying to you dismissing their points, so you just acknowledged them? And it does, it directly relates to your "omgmaths" arguement, if you have ever done data collection you have to take into consideration these kind of things to some degree, the servers can't keep up with faster killers everyone knows this.

But that said he isn't fun to play against anymore, he was clearly buffed to sell the rift, and he will be nerfed when its over LMAO

• Lonetiger07
    Lonetiger07 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 6
    Options

I think a VERY small nerf could be nice but other than that he should stay like this because that overheat chainsaw was terrible.

• Rokku_Rorru
    edited March 5
    Options

Because Xeno, overbuffed at release, nerfed after the launch hype.

Chucky overbuffed for release, "bug fixed" after the launch hype.

It's a recent trend with them, they didn't used to do this but it's becoming more apparent, I guess we will see when the next rift comes out and if lines up with one of the buffs/reworks. I'd not be surprised if we see Huntress cosmetics all of a sudden.

• Archol123
    Options

Eeeehm or maybe the information they gathered on PTB wasn't enough and they wanted to see how it does on live and then fix it accordingly? I find that a little bit far fetched...

• Rokku_Rorru
    Options

People are more likely to spend money on characters who are getting them wins, it's been a thing many a team has used to sell their products. Blizzard as one example lol

If you think it's far fetched... are you new to live service games? lol

• nValentine
    Options

i did mention hitboxes and server issues before you quote me but i guess you can't read

• nValentine
    Options

i REALLY REALLY don't care about any of that you mentioned. in PLAY you can't make distance whenever billy misses a chainsaw, call it janky hitboxes, lag servers, whatever. and to be specific i'm not talking about how fast he can use his chainsaw again. i'm talking about a billy who M1 right after he misses a chainsaw.

i do know that he can't use his chainsaw immediately after, but that was never my point. and even then there's an addon that lets him recover faster lol

• Archol123
    Options

So why would they nerf him afterwards? It is not like you need to buy Billy... So the only thing there is is cosmetics and those you can sell all the time... So why exactly would they want to nerf him if they can keep him this good and therefore keep selling cosmetics? Your logic is a bit off mate.

• Archol123
    edited March 5
    Options

I think his cooldown for chainsaw usage and basic attack after a missed chainsaw should be the same? So where is the issue?

(Edit: I just went into customs to check but it is actually just the exact same time your chainsaw charge or m1 becomes ready again. So I still don't see your issue)

OK dude you are free to have your own opinion and dismiss any and all information based on your own but you cannot really expect people to take you serious if you do that, because it is hard to argue with someone who does not believe in math or fixed stats for how game mechanics work, just keep that in mind :)

• Xernoton
    Options

bro what distance are you talking about? i literally have a clip where i dodge his chainsaw at a jungle gym and tried to make it to the pallet which is obviously so close and i couldn't he downed me with an M1. you literally can't make any distance idc about whatever math you're saying here. in action none of what you're saying happens and i literally clipped to make sure to show it to anybody who says you can make distance whenever he misses.

I read your response multiple times to make sure I didn't miss anything (which could definitely have happened). But to my knowledge, none of this is related to hitboxes in any way.

Since you needed to stoop so low as to insult me, I will end this conversation now. Have a good day.

• Xernoton
    edited March 5
    Options

The same to you:

Please explain how anything in here is related to hitboxes. This is the exchange that happened between us. Everything else they wrote, I do not read since it's not addressed to me.

I aknowledged your point about latency issues (I guess that was a mistake?! Not sure what else you would want me to do.) and I also explained that I do not see this as an issue with this killer in particular. We have 34 killers in this game and a majority of them big problems associated to latency.

I have my doubts we'll see such huge nerfs to Hillbilly. They nerfed his cooldown twice already (I'm counting addons here) and it's really not that big of an issue. Even latency does not change the fact that you make quite a bit of distance after a missed chainsaw. The math is sound and I even twisted the numbers in your favor because I did not factor in the time it would take him to accelerate to full speed again. With that, you gain even more distance.

Before you make these claims, I suggest you fact check this. Because you are objectively wrong in the very first sentence here. Xeno was not overbuffed but simply bugged on release. The recovery after a tail attack did not slow you at all. This was not a buff but a huge bug. For some reason instead of fixing the bug, they completely reverted Xeno to the PTB version in that regard. If you need prove, then just find the patch and look where they put this change. They titled it as a bug fix.

But since you are so set on your opinion it seems, I doesn't matter. I will not change your mind and we'll just have to wait and see. One thing is for sure though, nerfing killers until they feel horrible to play (like pre buff Hillbilly) does not have the positive effect that you may think.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Options

You are just proving you like reading your own text here, you listened to them and proven it again lol. It's a huge problem because he takes 2 health states at high speed, it does not read well nor feel good to constantly have a killer even if they miss their power right behind you with that threat, no maths nor logic can defend that.

I don't think Billy should go back to his pre buff state, but he shouldn't be where he is at currently either. Thank you kindly for seeing I'm set on my opinion, I'm not going to budge on someone who has not been on the other side of the chainsaw, he is not healthy for the game in his current state.

Xeno was overbuffed from PTB:

Do you want it zoomed in for you...?

It was not a bug, it was intended.

• Xernoton
    edited March 5
    Options

I cannot believe I'm actually doing this. You're giving me a headache. It's pretty obvious that I was not talking about the 7.2.0 patch, is it not?

That is the one. That is when they reverted Xeno back to the PTB state and they fixed the bug that caused it to move at full speed instead of the 2.0 m/s that were intended. Although the phrasing is incorrect here because the bug did not happen only when downing a survivor, as I'm sure you and many others remember. In Xeno's case you made literally no distance.

In fact, we never actually saw the 2.0 m/s in action.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Options

lmfao that isn't a bugfix, it was a balance update the bugfixes are below. That was a balance change, stop twisting it. I'm done here you're gaslighting yourself.

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 618
    Options

You didn't read the link carefully, right?

Both bugfix and movement speed during tail attack recovery nerf happened same time

• Xernoton
    Options

2.0 m/s never actually went live for us to test. Because a bug caused Xeno to move at full speed (4.6 m/s). That is where their phrasing is mistaken because it applied on missed attacks as well. The 2.0 m/s were nerfed before they were actually tested. That's the entire point. If you still cannot understand what I say, then I give up.

I do not have the words to put it any other way.

I gave you the correct patch. I told you what exactly it was that went wrong. I told you where to look. I just can't force it into your head. This exchange is over. You clearly have no interest in even reading half of what I said.

Have a good day.