If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Might Be My Hottest Take Yet

Options
Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,804
edited March 2 in General Discussions

Old DCing was better than before... kind of.

Obviously having the DC Bots helps fill in for missing teammates and is far better from a gameplay experience since you are not put immediately into a 3v1 (unless they DC while dying on hook) and it makes the game feel a bit more fair when a DC occurs.

But... here me out.

Old DCing was kind of funny. Just seeing people pop out of existence or just instantly turn into a Survivor laying on the ground was funny, and the DC sound effect was the cherry on top, it was such an iconic sound, basically announcing to everyone "this person left the match".

I dont really care about winning or losing, and I just want to have fun, and old DCing unironically helped with that due to it's funny factor.

Might be my hottest take. Potentially my worst ever take. But at least it isnt me posting something and saying "hot take" while it being the most mild thing youve ever heard.

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

Iconic indeed:

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,080
    Options

I've hated the bots ever since one trapped me in a corner on Badham asking for heals and wouldn't let me out until the killer found us and downed me.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,954
    Options

Honestly many of the older things in DBD were just funny as hell enough to make me wish they were still in the game. Even when I end up loading into a 3v1 game within like 30 minutes it's just so funny to see only three survivors with an empty space at the far right as I just think to myself "Yeah we're losing this." I remember being the only one to load into a game. The Legion made me do 2 gens so that the hatch would spawn and she let me go. Truly when DBD was at its peak.

I don't speak for everybody though and I understand why people were more annoyed than amused, especially when it happens continuously, but there were so many funny things in old DBD because of its ridiculous jankiness and I miss it for that.

Oh yeah and bunny tech was pretty fire.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,022
    Options

I’ll make you a deal. You can have your old disconnects and no bots and I get being able to spin like a pinwheel while slugged on the ground.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

the Days of people dcing mid carrying and you’d see a flying corpse

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 284
    Options

Not a hot take. The bots were put in purely for killer benefit.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,647
    Options

It was funny but lost it's charm after seeing every second match.

• DreamSequins
    DreamSequins Member Posts: 6
    Options

Yup, killers still get to have that kill, survivors have to deal with a less than helpful bot (that will get killed no matter what) and you still have to wait out the penalty, which is mind blowing is still there. And you can't even spectate while waiting.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 467
    Options

I could explain that with a few examples. I was watching a streamer once, who had a Jill DC. The streamer died earlier on but spectated the remainder of the match, where the teammates finished the gens. The Jill bot was on the door while the other teammates stood beside her, and she had it 99ed when she heard the terror radius and fled. Everyone panicked, and the Killer got them all. If only the bot had committed and finished opening the door, they all could have escaped, but instead it screwed them over.

A few more ways in which bots benefit the Killer more: a Survivor can't DC to deny the Killer the mori anymore; the Killer can just mori the bot instead. If a Survivor gets hooked in the basement by a camping Killer (especially Trapper or Hag), DC'ing would just mean that the teammates would have to risk themselves to save the bot instead. I personally would rather not leave a bot in that situation.

And as mentioned above, when two Survivors remain and one of them is slugged, that person can't DC to spawn hatch for the one standing. The slugged bot certainly has no benefit for the Survivor there.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

These bots are much more competent and do their job than DC Survivors.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 495
    Options

Watching a survivor either pop out of existence or immediately drop dead on the spot was always funny. I will miss that.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,282
    Options

They don't instantly do gens. They will often completely throw matches vs certain killers like pinhead by picking up the box and getting downed. They're very easy to down with any non m1 killer power. They spend ages hiding the moment they are within the slightest terror radius. If you actually carry them through a match they'll 100% open a gate and bail on you so no interesting end game plays.

Oh and if you want to go next after 2 teammates dc from the start, they'll keep farming you off hook unless you also dc.

They do, however, make it easy for killers to draw out a guaranteed lost match to farm a bunch of easy points while torturing any remaining players who haven't DC'd.

• WolfyWood
    Options

I'm not survivor sided. There are just no problems to fight for on the killer side because they have been getting a constant stream of meaningful, positive changes.

Conversely, survivor has been getting nothing but nerfs and low-effort changes in the name of 'balance,' in which survivors are told to get over it because of XYZ reasoning. I am a firm believer that you cannot be 1/4th of a person, so a singular survivor's gameplay experience is equally as important as the killer's. Especially if BHVR is not going to put in effort to enforce teamplay.

Anyways,

Bots were put in so killers can't be denied 4ks/Moris/Adept. If this wasn't the case then they would be a lot smarter instead of being detrimental fodder.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,285
    Options

I love you and your huge bush, but I feel @WolfyWood has a point, if small. It does help killers who are trying to do anything other than simply win the game. But its not large enough to matter really.

I'd still not engage as bots are a weak talking point imo. Completely tosses out the human element so Im not interested. I've noticed a few killers in my time ignore bots completely and get screwed for it. So bots are kind of a threat still. That part DOESN'T help killers lol.

• WolfyWood
    Options

I was asked a question and I answered.

I think its amusing you tell me I have an "agenda" against killers yet since you monitor my posts you should've seen that I never advocate for the killer experience to be worsened. I just want the survivor experience to not be terrible.

DC bots did nothing significant for survivors in bettering their daily experience, which falls in line with what I've been saying for awhile.

Killers get meaningful, significant changes, while survivor changes are very low-effort and do not meaningfully affect the survivor QoL.

You only have to look at how much care they put into Blight's add-on pass compared to what they did to Medkits.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,080
    Options

a Survivor can't DC to deny the Killer the mori anymore; the Killer can just mori the bot instead.

In what world is denying a killer a Mori animation that meaningful to the results of a match? You're upset you can't spite them that much anymore?

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

This pic is no longer relevant, but it was funny.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options

This is absolutely fantastic 🤣

Reminds me of this classic