We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

This is what i'm talking about when i say "Survivors OP"

Options
Reinami
Reinami Member Posts: 4,914

These are the types of structures and setups that i'm talking about when i say that we need to nerf survivors.

This type of setup should never spawn under any circumstances. This team i was playing against was pretty bad, and one of them pretty much gave up as soon as they saw i was legion (as usual), which is why the match ended up working in my favor.

But during the match i saw this setup. This setup means that any good survivor can render this entire half of the map impossible for me to ever down them. You can't even entity block this setup because it is just too strong.

If we nerf these kinds of structures and/or prevent them from ever spawning this way, you won't be hurting your low mmr megheads. You will only be nerfing the top tier survivors who are able to exploit such a setup to its fullest potential.

Comments

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,664
    Options

Yeah that set up is broken. Chapel and sanctum have a bad habit of spawning Jungle gyms or 4 lanes right outside shack.

it Should be the next map up for a rework after swamp & Haddonfield. The main building is full of bad vaults that have multiple drop points near each of them. Bottom three map for Survivor if you ask me

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 7,972
    Options

More of a map design issue than a survivor issue. Though I agree, those setups should never happen.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,562
    Options

In their defense survivors had no control due to the nature of rng. They only use what the game provided them. But yeah it's pretty strong area for sure.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,246
    Options

Okay, so then on a serious note.

You'd need both:

A) High-level Survivors. Not common, as shown by Kill rates and win streaks.

B) Very specific RNG. I have to assume they'd have already posted this if they had seen it before, which means it's fairly rare.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,367
    edited March 4
    Options

"If we nerf these kinds of structures and/or prevent them from ever spawning this way, you won't be hurting your low mmr megheads. You will only be nerfing the top tier survivors who are able to exploit such a setup to its fullest potential"

Judging by everyone being dead at 4 gens, you're facing low MMR survivors who couldn't exploit the set up to its full potential? Yet they're simultaneously OP?

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 274
    Options

On one hand shack window going into a jungle gym window is indeed disgusting you're also playing Legion one of the worst killers in the game. Most S, A and even some B tier killers could still play around that and that's the best map RNG survivors could have gotten.

That's not a survivor issue it's a map RNG and playing a bad killer issue.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,095
    edited March 4
    Options

I think most people on this forum are pretty reasonable. It's just the same 4-5 users who constantly post the same "survivor bad" content. I can't tell if they're serious or if it's some form of elaborate trolling.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

Tbh, he has a point. It's the general opinion here that survivors are bad. Idk, why survivors are more bad than killers. Percentage wise you should have the same ratio. If 30% of survivors are super bad then the same is probably true about killers. Maybe like 50% is just average (now that's a word people never use here). And at 20% you have killers and survivors who do understand the game on a deeper level but only 5% or less is super good. It's only on this game where people claim one side is bad and every killer here is high MMR somehow.

I'm sure there are killers who play on the weekends only who post here and think they're high MMR and the game is survivor sided.

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 265
    Options

I agree with you.

But from what I observe their mentality is that the game should be balanced around high level survivors.

Which would have merit if BHVR enforced team play. But they don't, so it makes no sense to treat survivors like they'll always be playing like a SWF.

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 423
    Options

Ur legion tho lol. And you dont even have to chase in that area if you dont wanna. Just force a 3 gen at the top of the map

• JustAnotherNewbie
    edited March 4
    Options

TBH the devs do enforce it but in a volatile way. it's just that solo survivors are kneecapped so they cannot respond accordingly.

Like dealing with 3-genning, tunneling etc. does require a lot of teamwork and some require a lot of co-ordination. Same with certain perks. If you're with your mates you can call out what perks the killer has and maybe mitigate a bit of their strategy, but solo can't. If I have Distortion or OoO and load into the match and see the killer has LP I cannot tell my team to scramble while all 4 of us load into the same tile. It's free pressure for killer and braindead, it's silly to have that sort of spawn but it does happen quite often (spawning as 4 or 3). LP is supposed to save you time finding your first target, but currently it can delay a lot of people from starting their first gen when they spawn together and the killer can immediately disturb them.

Just one example out of many perks that are a lot stronger vs solo due to lack of communication.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,246
    Options
  • Reinami
    edited March 4
    Options

I am biased when i relatively equally play both sides? Wake up and look at tournaments, why do tournaments place HEAVY restrictions on survivors?

• Reinami
    Options

I'm guessing you didn't read when i said someone immediately killed themselves on hook as soon as they saw i was legion and the rest of the team basically gave up after that? Which is pretty much the sole reason kill rates are where they are, because with SM being so high, they obviously include hook suicides as part of the kill rate. I'd bet if you removed that the numbers would be significantly different.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    Options

Yeah M1 killers are pretty simple mechanically, so it always surprises me when people want them buffed etc. Since usually in most games those types of characters are limited by their mechanics while the more mechanically demanding ones can achieve more.

Mechanically simple and buffed usually means OP, maybe it's also why Sadako was so strong for a while as she's not as demanding as Wesker, Huntress, Nurse etc.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 834
    Options

You should know because you’re a high mmr player right? 🤭

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,664
    Options
  • Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,044
    Options

Then it's still bad map design. I'd rather have some good tiles scattered across the map and this deleted than this set up and nothing else. Although, Sanctum of Wrath has a few more good structures. There are 4 main tiles on that map and some filler loops that are definitely usable.

It's not a very strong map by any means but it's not like that is the only safe area.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,724
    Options

You have already won at 4 gens with a weak as piss killer like Legion, so how did this actually negatively affect your gameplay at the end of the day?

This is a dirty setup if survivors know how to use it for sure but 90% of survivors would go down at a God pallet lol.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,731
    Options

I don’t understand the replies to this post

like yeah the person is shitting on the survivors but stuff like this should never spawn

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,203
    Options

This setup doesn't mean much if the survivors don't know how to loop it or if they give up immediately, which seems to have been the case here.

And besides, this is Sanctum of Wrath. That setup is probably the only good structure in the entire map.

• Kalin68
    Kalin68 Member Posts: 10
    Options

This is just like many other problems a bad map design and not only for loops but totem spwans are bad as well

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

This is really a very strong tile combo but we dont see the rest of the map. Usually, Sanctum of Wrath is not exactly filled with connected loops or even a decent amount of pallets. Its a pretty weak survivor map. On top of that, it is also a strong 3 or even 4 gen map.

There are strong loops in the game (rare) and there are weak loops in the game (very common). I think it is fine if once in a while a really good structure for survivors pops up. I am on board with you that RNG is wild in DBD, but usually in favour of killer nowadays tbh.

PS. I know this is not the point, but you destroyed them pretty easily it seems. So i guess the map overall was not that good.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,799
    Options

The main reason is that most people likely didn't read the post and just reacted to the title.

But I also think there's a group of people who don't ever want to recognize issues killers have to deal with as there's always a push back whenever anyone suggests any sort of QoL change for killers.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,112
    Options

Its not even that bad considering the rest of the map is usually pretty garbage in terms of spawns. Youd also have absolutely 0 reasons to go there the moment they complete the gen in that area, if there even is a gen.