The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Frank’s mix tape - suggested changes

TL;DR: Frank’s mix tape is problematic. Here are some suggestions to change what it does.

With the new PTB, Legion is having some changes tested out. Whilst I think these are good changes that should come to the live server, they’ve made Frank’s mix tape, an already slightly problematic addon, even better. Rather than revert the Legion changes, I’d like to suggest the add-on be changed instead. Here’s a list of possibilities I came up with:

1) Scratch marks are now visible during Feral Frenzy.

2) Normal attacks no longer deplete the power gauge.

3) Moderately increases Feral Frenzy speed and duration.
Slightly increases the time it takes to mend.

4) Tremendously increases Feral Frenzy speed.
Blood trails are no longer visible whilst in Feral Frenzy.

5) “Killer instinct” (seeing heartbeats of survivors) is always active whilst in Feral Frenzy (without having to hit anyone first), but at half the distance.

Whilst I’m at it, here’s an idea for a red add-on, to replace the rarely-used fuming mix tape:

Whilst in Feral Frenzy:
You can no longer vault pallets.
Destroy pallets and break generators 50% faster.
You are immune to being stunned.

My point is, there are a lot of different add-ons that could be made, and Frank’s mix tape is currently not fun for either killer or survivor. It could do with being changed.

Comments

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    edited January 2019

@Underdose said:
    TL;DR: Frank’s mix tape is problematic. Here are some suggestions to change what it does.

With the new PTB, Legion is having some changes tested out. Whilst I think these are good changes that should come to the live server, they’ve made Frank’s mix tape, an already slightly problematic addon, even better. Rather than revert the Legion changes, I’d like to suggest the add-on be changed instead. Here’s a list of possibilities I came up with:

5) “Killer instinct” (seeing heartbeats of survivors) is always active whilst in Feral Frenzy (without having to hit anyone first), but at half the distance.

Whilst I’m at it, here’s an idea for a red add-on, to replace the rarely-used fuming mix tape:

Whilst in Feral Frenzy:

My point is, there are a lot of different add-ons that could be made, and Frank’s mix tape is currently not fun for either killer or survivor. It could do with being changed.

I actually like The Fuming Mixtape, it goes well with gen builds and keeping track of progress.

As for Franks Mixtape, I think it should stay.

I don't think it needs to be reworked either. My opinion.

EDIT: Actually, just set it to instead of considerably damaging the deepwound gauge, make it either slightly or moderately.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Gardenia said:

@Underdose said:

Whilst in Feral Frenzy:

I actually like The Fuming Mixtape, it goes well with gen builds and keeping track of progress.

As for Franks Mixtape, I think it should stay.

I don't think it needs to be reworked either. My opinion.

EDIT: Actually, just set it to instead of considerably damaging the deepwound gauge, make it either slightly or moderately.

... The slightly/moderately wouldnt change a thing. Its 3 frenzy hits to down someone normally 2 with mixtape