If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Blindness Addons Are Better Than People Give Them Credit For

Options
Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,804

Windows of Opporunity is one of the most used Survivor perks due to it providing valuable information that helps Survivors avoid deadzones created by other Survivors. A lot of people complain about WoO (I think complaining about it is a massive “skill issue” but I digress), and while I don’t really care if people run it or not, I think people are sleeping on Blindness addons being a solution to their problem.

Blindness shuts down Aura Reading, which means it makes WoO useless. I personally run them sometimes to see how Survivors play and while for most Survivors it doesn’t affect, the Survivors who are incredibly reliant on WoO become completely clueless and their brains just turn off once they don’t get the Aura Reading (it’s kind of funny tbh).

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,521
    Options

I’ll use kerosene on clown if I have nothing better. Blindness is pretty good but most killers have more useful add-ons (Not to mention ultimate weapon exists and is used often)

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 463
    Options

There are too many maps with guaranteed spots of Pallets, so WoO on RPD, Midwich, Hawkins, Coldwinn or Autoheaven is not that necessary, so its very situational.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,804
    Options

Ultimate Weapon’s blindness only applies for 30 seconds, by the time you reach the Survivor, most of the duration is gone.

Blindness addons typically apply Blindness for 60-90 seconds which is more applicable for preventing Aura Reading in chase.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,954
    Options

Third Seal meta to counter WoO meta is finally here...

But yeah it's a reason why I like running Cremated Remains on Singularity. Perma Blindness during a chase unless a survivor has an EMP on them can be pretty powerful if they run Windows.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 495
    Options

I got hit once and couldn't see any auras for like 30 seconds despite running in a straight line. I thought they had a blindness add-on, but then I realised I was playing on Swamp.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,170
    Options

I've been saying that for months. WoO really has done quite a bit of damage to the survivor brain. If it's not glowing yellow, then it doesn't exist. I've been experimenting with Third Seal for a bit and you really see the difference.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,331
    Options

While this is true, you will still not know if those Pallets are still up or not when you are inflicted by Blindness.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,114
    Options

One combo I kinda enjoy is Hex: Third Seal and Trail of Torment, specifically for that blindness once everyone is injured.

Shame it's easily countered, but when it works it's fun.

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 463
    Options

Yeah I know, its a niche tactic to go for Blindness-Effects. Third Seal is really nice, especially because no one expect it.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 612
    Options

Blindness can be pretty strong. Though it can feel kinda nasty and somewhat unfair to face as Survivor if someone is on the hook but you can't find them to go for the save because their aura is blocked. I've seen it secure the Killer plenty of second hook states (and sometimes even a kill) in many of my games.

Personally, I wish they would remove the blindness effect from Ultimate Weapon for that very reason (or maybe make hooked survivor auras always visible, regardless of the blindness effect).

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

As for whether Blindness has a big effect, I don't really care because the effect of canceling the haste perk is far more important. That being said, it makes sense to remove Blindness from Ultimate Weapon's.