Can we address how unhealthy and unbearable pop pain res is

Options
2»

Comments

• GeneralSkien
    GeneralSkien Member Posts: 118
    Options

A lot of these arguments go to extremes really fast for some reason, people view the act of having perks as a cardinal sin, and all rational thinking gets though gets thrown out of the window and the argument always will get to a point where it’s just “My Side should be allowed to have perks, the other side shouldn’t cause of X, Y, and Z!” Always, people go way to far and it ends up like this, to be fair I did this too at one point, but it’s easy to get emotional when talking about this game. For some reason….

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,118
    Options
  • GeneralSkien
    GeneralSkien Member Posts: 118
    edited March 12
    Options

Although you might have said it as a joke, it does bring to mind a main problem when a killer picks perks. There is no reason NOT to bring slowdown perks, because slowdown is just a necessary evil. Gens will Fly without slowdown, so fun builds get kinda crushed under the heel that is good survivors or SWFs. I personally love to run spirit fury and enduring cause it’s fun and funny as hell, but I can’t get consistent wins because gens flyby so fast in higher MMR it’s absurd. If these non slowdown perks were stronger, more people would use them?

Post edited by GeneralSkien on
  • MalekithHatesSnow
    MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 243
    Options

"Its in every game" ask yourself why that is instead of just knee jerk "IT MUST BE NERFED!" instead

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,574
    Options

Maybe Repressed Alliance should be used more. When triggered before Pain Res, the -25% cannot affect the blocked gen. If multiple ppl ran it and use it right before a PR hook, the effect might be transferred to a gen with just a few progress, waisting one of the PR charges.

RA could really use a buff, though. Reducing charges required to activate, maybe even adaptable. So you get 5 seconds base time, can charge it up like normally through gen repair, but activate it at any time.

RA could be a really solid anti-pick against PR and gen-kick regression perks (most notably pop), if the devs just gave it a bit of love.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

I think we will end up seeing Pop get stacks in the future and yeah it is incredibly tedious to go against but honestly it isn't anywhere near as unbearable as the old Eruption/COB gen kicking meta was.

I actually stopped playing DBD for months as the Eruption/COB meta was so unbearable for me and while this current meta is annoying, DBD moves from one annoying gen control meta to the next and it will probably continue

• MalekithHatesSnow
    MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 243
    edited March 12
    Options

Gen regression will ALWAYS be the best perks to run you'll always get value from them because survivors will always do gens and on every killer you're always gonna have to defend gens. It's nice to play with niche perks from time to time but you almost never get value from a lot of perks especially totem ones undetectable builds can be made useless by SWF same with Oblivious perks and if you run purely chase builds you're gonna need to play "scummy" since gens will go by really fast.

Until Survivors get a secondary objective/the game is changed to be based more around chases there will always be a meta gen regress perk and there'll always be a gen regress perk that is complained about

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 791
    Options

Make Base kicks do 15% and Gens take 120 seconds and you can nerf Pop/ Rez. Until then they are fine.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    edited March 12
    Options

I agree and I am not arguing this isn't the case, the problem is the gen regression meta is a band aid fix that creates very tedious matches and when killers stack 4 gen control perks that alone can win a game. It can become a war of attrition as killers can constantly regress gens while wearing out resources on the map, which results in very long and tedious matches survivors have a big disadvantage in. It is probably easier just to go next than deal with 4x gen control builds as you can play 2x matches in the time 1 of these can take

I definitely would like to see more emphasis on chases/survivor/killer interactions over simply brute forcing the issue with very tedious gen regression stacking.

There should never be a situation where 4 gen control perks can be used together either

• ImpressionableTeen
    ImpressionableTeen Member Posts: 33
    Options

False. Info perks like ultimate weapon or bbq on top 2-3 kilers is much more valuable than another regression perk.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,608
    Options

Yeah, stacking Gen Regression-Perks is the main issue here. PGTW and Pain Res, as obnoxious they can be on their own, are fine, but combining them and other Slowdown-Perks is just too much. Especially if we consider that Killers are running it which might not even need Perks to begin with.

And it is a shame as well, because people dont use Perks which synergize with the Killer, because just copying the same 4 Slowdown-Perks on any Killer is still stronger, because it makes the game so much easier to play when you drag it out long enough to drain the ressources of the Survivors.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

I've lost count of how many times I've had a generator to 99% to see it easily and quickly go back to zero because of this.

At that point I'm like okily doliky, turn off the game and do something else, because experiencing that ad nausem gets boring. Not complaining, it legitimately gets so boring I just do/play something else.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

I don’t agree. While tracking perks would definitely be my second choice, if you have enough game sense you generally know where survivors are.

• catnip18
    catnip18 Member Posts: 149
    Options

Because you cant have a one on one convo with the devs, so here is where you can post that feedback. A person can complain on here without having to supply a fix like you explicitly demanded, the general discussion section doesn't state 'if you have a complaint you must post a potential fix' so stop trying to shut down people who want to complain about an issue they're facing. Go be intentionally obtuse elsewhere.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,379
    edited March 13
    Options

Again: This is the "General Discussions" section, that is for us to discuss things. I asked a simple question and I got an answer to which I replied. That is how discussions usually work.

There is a different forum section labelled: "Feedback And Suggestions". If all you want to do is to say how you feel about something, then that is where your post should go,

Edit: Looking at it, the thread has been moved to "Feedback And Suggestions" after all.

• catnip18
    catnip18 Member Posts: 149
    Options

Even if it hadn't been moved, you're demanding of a fix was out of place, but with the shift it makes your expectations even more embarrassing.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,379
    Options

I did not demand anything. I asked for an alternative. Which I was provided with. I explained why I think it wouldn't work but my question was answered.

Frankly, I find it a bit weird that you're arguing I shouldn't ask. I did not say that their opinion was worth less because they hadn't provided a solution but I did argue that I think this is not an easy thing to fix. They could have told me, they hadn't thought of an alternative yet and it would have been fine all the same.