I am so god damn sick of every game revolving around tunneling

Options
2»

Comments

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    edited March 13
    Options

This is the quote right here all killer mains say oh its not my responsibility you are right but don't complain when your tactics get nerfed because bhvr has to address that new people don't want to play the game because that tactic makes the game boring. You dug your own grave by tunneling and abusing it and then it gets nerfed.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 501
    Options

I feel like people overstate how bad the low tier killers are. Being the worst doesn't necessarily mean they're unplayable.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,138
    Options

I dont stack meta as survivors and I play Solo 99% of the time, and thats enough, if killer can not kill me and my teammates finish Gens behind thats on killer's fault to make mistakes, or thats my fault to not give killer a free hook?

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

We shouldn't punish tunneling. Simply because so many other things would have to be changed for that to be even possible.

• Brimp
    Options

Well in current survivor meta where you're just allowed to pre drop W with windows + exhaustion and generous maps.... Not much a killer can do if they want a chance at winning.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,357
    Options

No, that's not anywhere near enough compensation. Tunneling can often be a massive game advantage, and asking killers to avoid tunnelling is a huge thing to ask. BHVR revealed that for the vast majority of the players, being solo doesn't really affect kill rate. And not stacking meta doesn't mean much to me, as all the survivor perks I complain about are largely considered non-meta.

And if your attitude is that killers don't need to tunnel, because the game is pushed towards a 60% kill rate, then the same applies to survivors. Survivors don't need to ever try to flashlight save, or hook sabo, or excessively hide, or use voice communications specifically for game advantages... because they'll be near a 40% escape rate regardless of what they do. And therefore, survivors can easily avoid doing things that killers think is unfun, because they'll "have the same escape results" regardless of what they do.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,315
    Options

So your argument is that only killers should be allowed to play like it's a comp tournament.

Since the comp DbD scene is largely tunnel and camp vs gen rush, pre drop, run to comp corner.

• Brimp
    edited March 14
    Options

Where did I say only killers should be allowed to do that? It's a simple action and reaction. Survivors play with auto pilot so I compensate them by tunneling.

• Hexling
    Options

Im sorry but its just not true. Were just going to have to agree to disagree.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,541
    Options

Generous maps?

Are there so few left that played near the end of the dark times?

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

I just got basement proxied and tunnelled out of the game... again and while that is frustrating enough another thing that adds to it is that only one team mate had been hooked before me but the unhookers immediately abandon you or hide so even if the killer wasn't intending to tunnel (this one clearly was) I am the only target they can find.

If you have not had any hook states survivors, for the love of God try to take aggro off your team mates. If you lose someone at 4-5 gens you probably aren't getting out.

The tunnelling is really bad at present but team mates don't help the situation either

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,841
    Options

I'm sorry what anti-tunnel still remains? DS was deleted (in practice, as you only get ~6m of distance), and Off The Record/Borrowed Time are mutually exclusive. That means if a Killer hits off-hook anyways the perk is denied.

Plus can I equip those perks for my teammates? That is more often the problem, is my 300hr friend or (even lower hour count) soloq teammate (because matchmaking is a joke) gets tunneled and I can't do anything about it.

When did the standard change from "don't tunnel at 5 gens against casuals" to "don't tunnel EVER"? I read C3's point as (more or less) sweat only against sweat. The attitude of "Killer's don't need to tunnel" is derived from the hard evidence provided by the 50 matches with 73% killrate on no tunnel/no slowdown Myers.

C3 also didn't need to explicitly state "Killer" because the picture clearly shows "People". Unless it's your stance that Killer players aren't 'people', then I think Killers were already covered in the post.

• stonedcandle
    stonedcandle Member Posts: 55
    Options

Years of nerfs to killers and their perks have left them with few options to actually secure kills/wins.

There's a reason why the majority of DBD streamers are survivors, it's easier.

• NaveR
    NaveR Member Posts: 29
    Options

Oh yeah, bm-ing and calling names in post-match lobbies against an obviously nice playstyle with gradual 8-hooking before even trying to kill anyone are absolutely and utterly nonexistent. "Do your gens, be respectful and don't be a twat when leaving the trial" doesn't seem like something a lot of survivors even consider following, taking a nice playstyle for the killer's weakness. Do you really think I didn't notice the injured survivor going the other way, but took your oh so smart flashlight/fast vault bait? Nope, I chose letting that person have some more fun and play for longer. If there's only one injured survivor next to me or running into me, then yeah, I'm taking it, since it's a misplay on the survivors' side and I don't normally play killers able to go across the map within seconds to just leave the dude.

Same goes for bully squads with tons of flashlights who locker stun the killer not for the sake of a save or slowing the killer down in a chase (the latter's kinda mean, but not unacceptable), but for the sake of making the killer feel miserable and feeling better at their expense. Totally not something happening in this game.

So yeah, a lot of players don't really let me put a lot of faith in this community, whether it be unmotivated bm-ing or bullying of different sorts, or unmotivated tunneling. I had like 6 matches yesterday, against one absolutely obviously cheating huntress, two more killers were pretty suspicious, and overall all killers except for the cheater tunneled right away. Effective? Yeah, if you only want to score 4ks. Fun? Hell no.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

Oh yeah, bm-ing and calling names in post-match lobbies against an obviously nice playstyle with gradual 8-hooking before even trying to kill anyone are absolutely and utterly nonexistent.

The post I was responding to:

Most survivors don’t care if the strategies they do are unfun for killers, so why should killer care if the strategies they do are unfun for survivors?

Same goes for bully squads with tons of flashlights who locker stun the killer not for the sake of a save or slowing the killer down in a chase (the latter's kinda mean, but not unacceptable), but for the sake of making the killer feel miserable and feeling better at their expense. Totally not something happening in this game.

And how many complaints are there about bully squads, in comparison to the complaints about 'gens going too fast'?

Killers don't complain about bully squads, they complain about Sally Soloqueue not holding on to the gen until the killer gets a free hit, or Simon Sub10hours working on a gen with no perks, items or add-ons to speed it up.

If killers complained about bully squads as much as they did 'gen tunnelling', we'd have BHVR working on some kind of fix for it right now, with how attentive they've been to killer complaints lately. But for some reason, bully squads fly under the radar until it's time to 'but muh bully squads' on a thread complaining about tunnelling.

Which is extra aggravating because bully squads do actually need to get addressed.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    edited March 14
    Options

This happens when you make wincoditions pretty clear (kills and escapes) and put MMR on top - Meta by Daylight.

Genrush vs. Killrush. If you don't participate, you most likely get stomped. Doesn't sound very healthy, does it? If you want to change that you need to stop playing and take a long break. Sadly, but i fear there's no other way.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,138
    Options

Killers dont even want survivor to run away from Gen when they're coming. What are you up to?

• PotatoPotahto
    PotatoPotahto Member Posts: 250
    edited March 14
    Options

Run DS and OTR. DS is only as good as you are, you use it after you got downed in a deadzone you get those 6 meters, you use it after you got downed in Garden of Joy main building the killer loses the game for tunneling you.

OTR might be countered by the killer hitting you off the hook but that doesn't happen as often as OTR deniers claim.

You might not escape anyway but with those perks you have good chances your team gets a 3 man escape which should be enough.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

100% tunnelling is the cause here and it is 100% a conscious choice by the player to play like that.

A gen doesn't even have to have popped these days and some will hard tunnel out a player.

I don't even know how this is fun personally as the everyone else just wants to go next and they don't even get a real match as they took the cheap easy way out and everyone just decides to go next. I don't know how someone can think they actually won by doing this?

Crazy thing is, the killers I verse who play for max hooks almost always win anyway.

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

If I remember correctly, we sometimes do have someone from BHVR respond to complaints about bully squads....

Unfortunately, the official responses are usually something like "it's fine because they aren't repairing generators", or "it's fine because I only see really good bully SWFs like once a month", or "it's fine because I like it when survivors are being overly altruistic".

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115
    Options

are any of these arguments wrong tho? the killer equivalent to a bully squad would be insidious camping a basement or something. not strong or efficient in any way, but designed to be miserable for one person

• Felgoose
    Felgoose Member Posts: 163
    Options

They just need to make unhooked survivor invisible and without collision until they perform a conspicuous action. Survivor in this state cannot see totems, killer, or other survivors.

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

I don't think insidious camping is the killer equivalent to a bully squad, because it's still progressing the game, and the killer is using insidious with the intent of wanting to kill more survivors in the basement. The killer equivalent to a bully squad would be doing something like killing 2 survivors, then purposely slugging the last 2 survivors, letting one of them wiggle off their shoulder, then slugging them again, then letting one of them wiggle off their shoulder, and repeat. The killer in this scenario is clearly not trying to progress the game at all, and is purposely extending the game, with the primary goal of bullying the survivors.

Because the obnoxious thing about bully squads, is they are purposely extending the game so they can bully the killer for a longer time. If a SWF keeps hitting a killer with flashlight saves or flashbang saves, but the other survivors are trying to repair generators, then it's not a bully SWF even though what they are doing is unfun for the killer. A SWF only becomes a bully SWF when they are purposely delaying the game from progressing, because they want to spend more time doing things they know are unfun for the killer.

• Brimp
    edited March 14
    Options

Nah its a definitely an effect. Some people decide to play nice but then when they get so many games in a row where they play nice but its just 5 gens in 5 minutes.... That WILL cause some people to start tunneling or playing some super strong killers. It's a PVP game there WILL be cause and effects from both sides. Thinking "well its always there no matter what" is just not logical.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

I hardly ever get tunnelled so I'm doing something right 👍

• Hexling
    Options

Bruh tunneling just means your not good at the game that's it good killers don't have to tunnel cause they are actually good at killer.

Bnps are really that great anymore .

The game will be in a healthier place with mmr if they nerf tunneling back to how it was before d/s when you could use these things at the end of a match. It held survivors hands now tunneling is holding yours. That's why when killers get to an mmr where they cant tunnel anymore they start complaining about perks like sprint bust and lythe because they really just suck at the game and got there hand held and now they realize they suck.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

The difference in these two situations you described though are player agency. The scenario you outlined gives the survivors no options other than to just sit on the floor and bleed out for 4 minutes, it doesn't matter how long they run the killer in this scenario as there's no legitimate way to progress the game since the other survivor is also on the floor.

Even in a scenario with a full on bully squad that does not intend on progressing the game through doing their objective, the killer player still has agency, still has counterplay options, and can still progress the game forward for themselves. They can slug, they can play around the flashlights / sabo plays, they hook, camp, tunnel, etc.

This is not a fair comparison IMO.

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190
    Options

I appreciate your replies C3Tooth, you've made a lot of good points 💪

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,841
    Options

I don't think people should be required to run 2 perks, 1 of which is paid DLC only, in order to not hate their existence.

To be clear when I say 'hit off hook' I don't mean the milisecond of coming off hook, I mean anytime where Basekit BT would still be in effect. That is my main problem, is that anti-tunnel Endurance shouldn't Deep Wound players, and players with anti-tunnel Endurance shouldn't be able to bodyblock for teammates. Allow the Killer to walk through players while that timer is ticking down, have Endurance not hinder you, and I'd say OTR is fine.

Also like I said previously, how can I forcefully equip perks on my teammates? That is the largest problem, is that when my teammates are weaker than me, and I can't put DS as all 4 of their perk slots so the other 2 Survs and I can actually play the game.

• Coffeecrashing
    edited March 15
    Options

In the scenario I'm suggesting, the killer is purposely forcing survivors to wiggle off their shoulder, so they can lose yet another chase. If a killer just lets survivors bleed out on the ground, that isn't bullying, because there are often situations where the killer can't reliably hook all the slugged survivors.

• Gplays2000
    Gplays2000 Member Posts: 144
    Options

I really do feel like they need to add Decisive Strike as a basekit ability like they did with basekit borrowed time. Do it half the time or something because it really is necessary IMO...tunneling has reached a new all time high and people are getting tunneled at 5-4 gens literally every single game... It especially ruins the solo q experience which ALREADY is absolutely miserable...no need to make it even worse. Basekit DS would keep the killers from tunneling and if they do they will get hit with DS 100%.