Invocation buff + conspicuous actions

Options

I think the main issue with invocations right now is that they simply take too long to do.

While up to the equivalent of 7 BNPs is a significant reward and I do feel permanent Broken is a fair tradeoff for a reward that big, it doesn’t feel worth it because sitting in the basement for 2 whole minutes is just too long. Not only does this take forever, it's extremely punishing to be interrupted doing this because the progress resets quickly. While I think it's good that it does regress (you shouldn't be able to do it to 99% and then activate it later to delay the penalty for as long as possible), it doesn't need to regress all the way almost immediately, it should be something that regresses slowly over time so you don't just immediately lose all your progress for nothing if you get found or have to leave for some other reason. Spending over a minute in basement only to end up not being able to finish it is a huge waste of time and is too rewarding for the killer if it happens.

On the other hand, I've also noticed invocations don't count as a conspicous action, meaning you can have OTR/DS while doing them and just get away for free if the killer catches you on it. That isn't anti-tunnel, that's just a free shield while doing an objective (in this case, indirectly progressing generators) and should be removed. Blessing got added to the conspicuous action list, this should too.

So my suggestions:

-Keep the actual effects of the invocation (10 charges removed on each generator + Broken for rest of trial) the same.

-Reduce the time to complete the invocation from 120 seconds to 90 seconds.

-When an invocation is stopped by any means, the regression rate is one-half of the rate 1 survivor can do it at, instead of the super fast regression rate it has right now (ie. so an invocation stopped at 99.99% takes 180 seconds to regress to zero, assuming the base time is changed to 90 seconds).

-Invocations now count as conspicuous actions, thus canceling DS/OTR/endurance in general.

Comments

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 437
    Options

What people seem to neglect about weaving spiders is that you're not supposed to do it alone. That's why it shows your aura. That's why it that's an inordinate amount of time when you do it by yourself. Shaving half a minute off it is not the solution. I think it's a really good anti three gen perk.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

The effect is broken as hell (no pun intended). If anything, it should take longer or not be able to be rushed.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,479
    Options

It is a strong effect but that's why it forces you to be injured for the rest of the match. It would be too strong if it didn't have that downside.

It's not really worth helping someone else do it unless you have the perk too, otherwise you can only help them at half speed. In most cases you're better off just doing a gen at that point, even if the killer is trying to hold a 3-gen you're not using up their regression events if you're sitting in the basement.