Remove Killer DC Penalty Versus 4 Bots

Options
Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,828
edited March 17 in Feedback and Suggestions

If all 4 Survivors DC, why should I be forced to play against bots?

There is no realistic reason to keep the DC Penalty if I DC from a match that literally no other players are actively engaging with, if I wanted to play a PvE game, I would be playing Helldivers 2 or Warframe, not Dead by Daylight.

I want to be able to engage with players, have fun and interesting interactions, hit clips and goof around. I don’t want to be trapped in a match that provides literally none of that.

Additionally, to make matters even worse, I cant even AFK the match either, since the anti-AFK system will just kick me and give me a DC penalty for a match that is effectively pointless to play.

Comments

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,946
    Options

Some people can't handle being outplayed unfortunately. 360 Shred flick sounds rad, would love to go against a good Demo like you but it's been ages since I've even played against even one trying to do a daily.

When everyone DCs in my lobby I just hook a bot, proxy camp, find survivor, and slug in order to get the game done as fast as possible. The bots never farm from my experience so you can use that to your advantage to force third hook stage while they desperately try to go for the unhook.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

Personally, I think it would be nice if there was a system where bots are treated as provisional surrenders, and if everyone surrenders or dies, there is a system that settles the battle at that point.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 488
    Options

"Additionally, to make matters even worse, I cant even AFK the match either, since the anti-AFK system will just kick me and give me a DC penalty for a match that is effectively pointless to play."

I've never seen that happen with an afk Killer, or does it just not show for Survivors that the Killer gets an afk DC penalty?

• Iron_Cutlass
    edited March 17
    Options

It just displays like a normal DC to all players, but the anti-AFK mechanic only triggers if you sit completely still as Killer. Moving counts as activity so the system hardly does anything to counter AFK Iridescent Shard farming.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 488
    Options

So then you actually can AFK in that match, since you've obviously done something.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,085
    Options

To be honest, as soon there are at least two bots, then I would let all other players leave. Survivors are kinda screwed at that point unless gens are really low, it's boring to chase bots...

If you want to try to win / get some challenge, then feel free to finish the game, or just for BP, but I would let players leave, if they want at that point.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Options

I just spent the entire match looking at plants since it’s Toba Landing.

You can afk but it requires me to have tapped down the joystick to a controller to spin in circles but I don’t have a controller on me atm.