Decisive Strike should be feared again.

Options
OneGoodBoyDemo
OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 409
edited March 20 in Feedback and Suggestions

I hope people don't misunderstand my words, when I say "feared" it doesn't mean Broken.

I'm sure that most of today's killers didn't see the days of the old DS that gave 1 minute of immunity while survivors could do any action ( just for some to open their eyes to how "unbalanced" that time was) but no, I'm not talking about bringing this version of the DS back for the love of God.

I'm saying this because back in the days it seemed like DS did its job well against tunneling and could punish the killer severely depending on the opponent you were facing, because it could create very unusual situations.

The old DS could created a situation in which the killer had to choose whether he would commit tunneling or not which could be quite risky because DS had no use for those who didn't know how to loop and strong for more veteran players which at that time gave a feeling of fear whether the survivor was using it or not.

When I played killer at that time I was very afraid of DS precisely because of the feeling of wondering whether or not the survivor is using that perk because chasing a veteran survivor using the old DS could be dangerous. A decent survivor recently unhooked could last 30s or more in a chase which is quite a lot and assuming he had equipped the old DS it could double the time which could mean a defeat for the killer if he committed to tunneling and that's why at that time many of the killers preferred to leave the survivor on the ground and wait for DS time to Run out.

The funniest part is the fact that the DS was so scary at the time made that veteran players like me didn't even use this perk because it was so good that the killers expected everyone to be using it when in fact they weren't and this feeling of fear meant that tunneling did not become as common a topic as it is today. Myself playing killers used to leave the survivors on the ground afraid oh this perk while in fact they weren't even using It in first place.

So yes, I want that feeling of fear back. It won't solve the tunneling problem but I believe it will reduce the use of this strategy.

And if I'm honest I want the DS to be mega buffed in the next PTB, for example:

stun the killer for 5s and block his power for 10s.

Comments

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,298
    Options

stun the killer for 5s and block his power for 10s.

if they make this, I am going to bleed out every survivor who will try to force me opening a locker. Otherwise slugging festival can begin.

You realize it will only shift the complain topic, right?

DS was respected, not feared.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

that just happened with mft, and it was terrible tbh, but i think just the ´´block the power for 10 seconds´´ would already be decent, the 3 seconds ds is good against m1 killers, and a bit decent against m2 killers

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,650
    Options

Best I can agree to is 3 sec stun + 10 sec power disable.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 512
    Options

In competitive scenes and high rate ranges, DS is well utilized and also feared by killers. Be aware of choosing the down position and using the Sprint Burst or DH combo if there are no pallets or window frames around. This is supposed to be the premise, but I seem to see quite a few players who don't.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    edited March 21
    Options

What they could theoretically do is making DS work on all stuns and make Background Player activate on all pick ups, not just other Survivors.

That way you can stun the Killer and Smash Hit away or even better, stun the Killer and run away with Background Player.

Edit: It will require 2 Perk yeah, but.. also allow for a true anti tunnel build or at least heavily punish tunneling.. which is needed.