We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

A universal perks you feel should get a change

Options
jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,486

So BHVR nerfs and buffs perks all the time most times that being personal perks but what about universal what is a universal perks you feel should get an adjustment either a total change all together or just a slight tweak because you think that perk deserves some love.

Comments

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 831
    Options

I would say Slippery Meat.

I feel like the whole Luck/unhook mechanics should change. Maybe make Luck do other things (if it doesn’t already) and then maybe buff Slippery Meat.

I don’t know though… would it mess with Deliverance too much if that happened? Either way I believe Luck needs a rework or a reveal if it affects other mechanics and because of that I think Slippery Meat might need a buff.

If Slippery Meat guaranteed an unhook state, I wonder how Deliverance could change. Maybe Deliverance would be able to let you unhook yourself at second stage? That’d be interesting.

In a convoluted way I still think Slippery Meat needs a change.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 673
    edited March 20
    Options

I think there needs to be more of them. Even more so now that newer players do not get Nancy, Steve or Demo perks anymore.

Hell if I had my way I'd take 1 perk from every killer and survivor and then add them to the generic pool then make it so new survivors/killers release with 2 perks. Let's face it most are junk anyway. Beginners start with so few resources and the game goes out of its way in so many ways to punish newer players.

However for buffs and nerfs? The list is too many to mention for buffs. This is not happening, Slippery Meat, Small Game (doesnt really help that much for newer players trying to find totems), plunders (chests in general need reworks I have ideas but too long for here).

Aside Shattered Hope most of the killer ones at least have a small niche. Not to say they couldn't be buffed but yeah. Even the likes of Insidious and others have their uses.

• jamally093
    jamally093 Member Posts: 1,486
    Options

I mean the luck thing could be changed to something simple like getting a better item from a chest or that item having a chance of having an add-on attached.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,228
    Options

There's already a perk that adds addons to items you find in chests, AND a seperate perk that increases luck, so I'm guessing they wouldn't just give them the same effect. But yeah I do agree they should rework luck and change Slippery Meat

• Samatrain
    Samatrain Member Posts: 80
    Options

Shattered Hope was made to counter boons... after boons became less effective. I feel like I rarely see boons in games anymore so this perk seems pretty useless. I think it would need a full rework, because it's wayyy too specific

• JamJam
    JamJam Member Posts: 11
    Options

Spies from the shadows! I guess its not absolutely terrible but it doesn't feel strong or super beneficial at all compared to anything else. Would it really be to powerful if it just showed the aura of survivors who disturbed the crows for like 6 seconds?

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 4,960
    Options

Dark Sense: Permanently see the killers aura while standing in the gates. This will help SoloQ coordinate assistance to whoever is in a chase.

Premonition: pinpoint the range to 30° instead of 45°.

Resilience: Increase the action speed buff to 6/9/12% but make it so the survivor can’t 99% a heal. Should be an actual risk.

SpineChill: Revert the nerf. Killers have so much aura reading these days, they’ll be fine if it was reverted.

Bitter Murmur: Add on an increase to movement Speed for 10 seconds maybe? Helps low mobility killers.

Deerstalker: it should also permanently reveal the aura of the survivor if they’re the only one left.

NOED: All survivors die if the totem is cleansed 👹👹👹

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,201
    Options

Revert the nerfs to Spine Chill and Thrill of the Hunt.

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 303
    Options

Spine Chill. Definitely Spine Chill…

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,758
    Options

Yeah I had the same idea. Or keep is just pings but the range substantially larger. So better for the range it is or be proccing more often from a wider radius.

• Blueberry
    edited March 22
    Options

I was thinking make it based on range from a TR. this keeps it relevant for most killers but ineffective on the stealth killers, which was realistically the problem with the old version. Making is based on TR also gives it more counter play from using TR reducing or removing perks.

Post edited by Blueberry on
  • JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 342
    Options

I think both sides need some buffs to general perks. How can they buff them? Im not sure

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 342
    Options

I think current dark sense is much more helpful tbh. Premonition needs a rework the perk sucks

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

Insidious. It’s a unique idea but most of the time it’s just used for camping.

As a Ghost Face main, please never let the original Spine Chill return I’m begging you.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,436
    Options

that is issue spine chill. Spine chill was designed to counter stealth killers. Personally I think the perk they should buff is premonition. Like lower the cooldown to 15 seconds.

Stake out already gives 1% bonus progression. TINH just needs way bigger values, like triple base values.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,654
    Options

Shattered Hope

It's a perk meant to counter another perk type that doesn't exist in the base game. One that you have 0 way of knowing if it'll do anything until you load into a game.

• Blueberry
    Options

Well to me that’s just fundamental bad design if it’s intended for stealth killers. That counters their powers too directly. Stealth is generally all they have and rely on so it needs to always be strong.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

Yep. It is like having Vigil make you immune to hindered status effects. You get an anti-freddy perk where snares do nothing. direct counter to the power.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 274
    Options

Premonition should....do literally anything else.

I have no idea how to fix it show the killers aura to your team and then put it on a minute cool down or something.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,850
    edited March 21
    Options

I am currently doing a mega project where I cover all Perks and buff/nerf/change/rework them if needed.

There is one example here:

Edit: Personal idea, might be to strong/to weak. But it's always hard to change something if you can't test it in practice.

• MrDardon
    Options

A reworked version of a Survivor Perk. It's not a general Perk cuz I do it alphabetically.

• MrDardon
    edited March 21
    Options

I will, but it will take quite a while. I want to include every Perk and also fancy out my Excel with more colours and such cuz with only the text, it looks ugly.

Edit: It is also quite hard to come up with ideas for Perks which are generally flawed. Like Dying Light.. where I am currently sitting at.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,387
    Options

Would it really be too powerful if it just showed the aura of survivors who disturbed the crows for like 6 seconds?

Yeah absolutely. This would be easily the best aura perk in the game. Constant info for the cost of absolutely nothing. Imagine this on a Nurse, Blight, Oni, Hillbilly, etc.

It would need a hefty cooldown if this were the case.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,143
    edited March 21
    Options

after hooking the obsession the obsession changes and they get darkness to envelop them for 20/25/30 seconds and they become oblivius for 10/20/30 seconds

you ever need help just ask away

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,807
    Options

Nono, what I am saying is it needs at least 1% extra above the Great Skill total normally given. Stake Out just makes Good Skill Checks Great. I'm proposing This Is Not Happening offers more progression for a Great Skill Check than it currently does.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

stake out increases great skill-check progression from 1% to 2%. it is main function of that perk with side function of changing normal's to greats. TINH is suppose to make skill-check more reliable but the effect is barely noticeable. just need plain # buff.

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 681
    Options

Half of the any perks need some love on both sides. Other than a select few great ones (sloppy butcher, kindred etc) the others are just not worth using.

• Marc_go_solo
    Options

It says in the description for the Stake Out perk that it makes any good skill check a great skill check, granting an extra 1%. It doesn't make a great skill check gain an extra 1% on top of what a great skill check already offers.

I'm suggesting make TINH add an additional 1% or 2% to the great skill check area to make it different.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 630
    edited March 22
    Options

I proposed buffs before!

Spies from the Shadows: Whenever a survivor disturbs a crow it causes a crow to fly around their head as if they stood still for too long. It’ll stack until 3 crows are on their head. Making loud noise notifications. Going inside lockers can lower the 🐦‍⬛ level to 1. Where a crow will appear on the locker.

This is Not Happening: Great Skill Checks apply 100% Bonus Blood Points.

Small Game: Totems make the “Ding” sound. If killers placed a trap you receive the premonition sound notification. (That way you can tell the difference of what was detected).

Hex: Two can Play: Once activated survivors will become blinded for 2 seconds when they drop a pallet, or perform a rushed action. While blessing/cleansing a totem the survivor becomes blinded until they stop, or when they’re finished.

Hex: Undying: Revert it. Undying was totally fine. (There’s perks that counter it. Counterforce will shut that perk down. As you cleanse you get faster at cleansing).

Counterforce: Allows you to bless totems 20% faster, and adds an additional 20% to blessing for each totem cleansed.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

i thought it currently increases your great skill-check reward from 1% to 2% regardless of token spent.

• hermitkermit
    hermitkermit Member Posts: 90
    Options

I have a really hard time justifying the perk Knockout. In my opinion it encourages terrible gameplay on both ends. Killers who use it 90% just bleed everyone out. And survivors who know it’s active just hide and wait, refusing to help their team. Killers get so much out of it without having to work for it. It’s like a NoEd that doesn’t need endgame to activate and doesn’t have a totem to stop it. Unless you bring a very specific set of perks likely there is no way to counter it. Kind of baffles my mind it exists.

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 203
    Options

Resilience - Remove vault speed bonus

I don’t think survivor vault speed bonuses should be a thing.

• Marc_go_solo
    Options

I'm afraid not. Stake Out just makes it so that good skill checks become great skill checks. It's primary use is to make perks like Hyperfocus hit those "greats" more often.

So, if TINH is changed by only a small bit, that's why I would suggest it should make the great skill check give an extra 1% progression on top of the great skill check value.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

I remember dev saying something along lines that stake out is bugged to give 1% bonus to all skill-checks, not just token consumed checks. In truth, stake out is not suppose to work with hyperfocus since Hyperfocus says in tooltip that it is specifically meant to only increase the base-skill reward but they never bothered to fix it/nerf it as nobody uses it. The only reason I would ever use stake out is for that 1% bonus. Otherwise, the perk is very bad.