Much needed Wake Up change

Wake Up at the moment is really underwhelming. A whole perk slot dedicated to 3 seconds of time saving at the end of the game isn't good.

My proposal. Wake Up will remain as a team support perk, giving distant teammates the ability to see each other and "recover" and group up (as Quentin's character description says) after being separated.

Wake Up: There is no time to stop and rest - you know this and dig deep inside to find the will to move on, but you cannot do it alone. Unlocks Potential in the team's Aura-reading ability. After crouching and not moving for 5 seconds, reveal your aura to other survivors for for 4/5/6 seconds. You see their auras for 2/3/4 seconds, and each survivor sees the aura of every other survivor for 2/3/4 seconds. This perk has a 30 second cooldown.

"I'm gonna be here when you wake up. You're gonna make it." - Quentin Smith.

Comments

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Sharmarko said:

Wake Up at the moment is really underwhelming. A whole perk slot dedicated to 3 seconds of time saving at the end of the game isn't good.

My proposal. Wake Up will remain as a team support perk, giving distant teammates the ability to see each other and "recover" and group up (as Quentin's character description says) after being separated.

Wake Up: There is no time to stop and rest - you know this and dig deep inside to find the will to move on, but you cannot do it alone. Unlocks Potential in the team's Aura-reading ability. After crouching and not moving for 5 seconds, reveal your aura to other survivors for for 4/5/6 seconds. You see their auras for 2/3/4 seconds, and each survivor sees the aura of every other survivor for 2/3/4 seconds. This perk has a 30 second cooldown.

"I'm gonna be here when you wake up. You're gonna make it." - Quentin Smith.

Not going to lie sounds like nerf to perk.

Wake up in itself is not a bad perk it's situational but not bad.

It's a very useful perk for end game not only opening the exit gates but also giving information to your teammates that could possibly be in a chase as to which exit probably the best to run to as it's going to be open fast and there's someone there that could probably take a hit for them.

While the ability to see everybody's aura I can be useful. If no one is doing anything of relevance you kinda just wasted 5 Seconds of your time now have to wait 30 seconds to activate the perk again.

Though single target focused perks like bonds empathy and after care a much better job and informing you want your teammates actions and locations.

Kindred is a better job at providing group information at a time where it's more relevant to know where people are and what they doing.

Kinda don't want to be crouched for 5 seconds doing nothing only to see my teammates literally also doing nothing before my perk goes on cool down for another 30 seconds at which point I get to repeat the above process.

• Sharmarko
    Sharmarko Member Posts: 71
    edited January 2019

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

It's a very useful perk for end game not only opening the exit gates but also giving information to your teammates that could possibly be in a chase as to which exit probably the best to run to as it's going to be open fast and there's someone there that could probably take a hit for them.

While the ability to see everybody's aura I can be useful. If no one is doing anything of relevance you kinda just wasted 5 Seconds of your time now have to wait 30 seconds to activate the perk again.

Though single target focused perks like bonds empathy and after care a much better job and informing you want your teammates actions and locations.

Kindred is a better job at providing group information at a time where it's more relevant to know where people are and what they doing.

Kinda don't want to be crouched for 5 seconds doing nothing only to see my teammates literally also doing nothing before my perk goes on cool down for another 30 seconds at which point I get to repeat the above process.

Wake Up is terrible because it is a last game perk and it only saves you 3 seconds at tier 3 for opening the exit gate. There is a reason nobody uses this perk. Not only is it very situational (You have to survive AND be the first at a gate to be ready to open it), the buff it gives you is very useless.

The whole point of my perk is for survivors to have a glimpse at where everyone else is - this is super useful because we can see if someone is in a chase or if someone is on the last generator. Maybe someone out there is hurt and this perk will show them where to go. You can use this perk then jump on a hex:totem to show everyone where it is if you get chased off by the killer. Bond has a limited range, Empathy only works on injured survivors, and Aftercare requires you to stay unhooked and have hooked/healed someone else. This perk just requires you to crouch for 5 seconds.

I appreciate this response but no way is this a nerf. Maybe at lower ranks like rank 15 to 20, do people use Wake Up, but if you are under rank 15 and are using Wake Up then there is no point. Wake Up might be the worst survivor perk.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Sharmarko said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

Wake Up is terrible because it is a last game perk and it only saves you 3 seconds at tier 3 for opening the exit gate. There is a reason nobody uses this perk. Not only is it very situational (You have to survive AND be the first at a gate to be ready to open it), the buff it gives you is very useless.

The whole point of my perk is for survivors to have a glimpse at where everyone else is - this is super useful because we can see if someone is in a chase or if someone is on the last generator. Maybe someone out there is hurt and this perk will show them where to go. You can use this perk then jump on a hex:totem to show everyone where it is if you get chased off by the killer. Bond has a limited range, Empathy only works on injured survivors, and Aftercare requires you to stay unhooked and have hooked/healed someone else. This perk just requires you to crouch for 5 seconds.

I appreciate this response but no way is this a nerf. Maybe at lower ranks like rank 15 to 20, do people use Wake Up, but if you are under rank 15 and are using Wake Up then there is no point. Wake Up might be the worst survivor perk.

I agree. Wake Up is indeed a trash perk as it is now. It would be an interesting change: aura reading is always useful, and I like the idea that it comes with a price (of 5 seconds of not doing anything).

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

When it comes to perk reworks, I ask myself: "Is this so good that I would use it?" I'm afraid Bond, Empathy and Aftercare are stronger than what you are suggesting.

The current version of Wake Up combined with the new Leader (that will come in 2 weeks) could be good.

• Sharmarko
    edited January 2019

@NoShinyPony said:
    When it comes to perk reworks, I ask myself: "Is this so good that I would use it?" I'm afraid Bond, Empathy and Aftercare are stronger than what you are suggesting.

The current version of Wake Up combined with the new Leader (that will come in 2 weeks) could be good.

If you want to make this perk stronger, maybe it gives all other survivors haste for 10 seconds, similar to Hope - (not a full-on sprint burst, but about 7% speed increase.) that way they can run quicker to other survivors once they have seen their auras.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@Sharmarko said:

@NoShinyPony said:

If you want to make this perk stronger, maybe it gives all other survivors haste for 10 seconds, similar to Hope - (not a full-on sprint burst, but about 7% speed increase.) that way they can run quicker to other survivors once they have seen their auras.

Agree with you!

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Or just buff it so you still give your aura to your teammates while being inside the exit gates?

• Volfawott
    Sharmarko said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

Instead of the unnecessary rework why don't you buff the perk to make more useful.

Just like with surveillance it's an amazing concept for a perk and I already explained how it can already be useful so again why not buff it.

• Sharmarko

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Sharmarko said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

Instead of the unnecessary rework why don't you buff the perk to make more useful.

Just like with surveillance it's an amazing concept for a perk and I already explained how it can already be useful so again why not buff it.

You can buff it, but I'm not sure how fast the exit gate opening speed should be so that its still fair and not unnecessarily fast. Is 50% gate opening speed too much? I know 15% is too little.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Milo said:
    Or just buff it so you still give your aura to your teammates while being inside the exit gates?

That is a nice suggestion and it would fit the idea of the perk!

• Volfawott
    Sharmarko said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Sharmarko said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

You can buff it, but I'm not sure how fast the exit gate opening speed should be so that its still fair and not unnecessarily fast. Is 50% gate opening speed too much? I know 15% is too little.

Why not 30%.
    Exit gates take 20 seconds to open
     30% would reduce it by 6 seconds 
    That's 14 seconds to open.

Like someone suggested allowed the around to show you within the exit zone.

If you want additional effect to make it more useful throughout the game. You can keep it's current ability but It could increase the speed at which you recover from affections like deep wounds, tier 3 madness and waking up.
    ( basically you mend, snap out of it, wake up others and get woken up quicker)
  • xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    edited January 2019

Yes i would like to see this buffed why do we not buff it that way.

Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.
    Once all Generators are powered, Exit Gates are revealed to you when within 24/48/∞ metres of range.

While opening/standing at Exit Gates, reveal your Aura to other Survivors within 24/48/∞ metres of range.

While Wake Up! is active, you open the Exit Gates 20/25/30 % faster.

"Ok, look. If we survive the next 24 hours, then I'll take you out on a real date." — Quentin Smith

Unique to Quentin Smith until Level 30, at which point its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Survivors.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@xllxENIGMAxllx said:
    Yes i would like to see this buffed why do we not buff it that way.

Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.
    Once all Generators are powered, Exit Gates are revealed to you when within 24/48/∞ metres of range.

While opening/standing at Exit Gates, reveal your Aura to other Survivors within 24/48/∞ metres of range.

While Wake Up! is active, you open the Exit Gates 20/25/30 % faster.

"Ok, look. If we survive the next 24 hours, then I'll take you out on a real date." — Quentin Smith

Unique to Quentin Smith until Level 30, at which point its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Survivors.

I still want the "standing inside gates reveal your aura"
    Let's be real all Quentin's perks are more supportive than selfish. So him becoming a beacon of light at the end game would fit this.
    (yes i do count Pharmacy as a support perk. You heal way faster when healing others with the medkit.
    and Vigil explains itself but it kinda sucks right now)

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

Yes only pharmacy is well balanced but both vigil and wake up need a buff.