Chroma
Chroma Member Posts: 37
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

cool change

Post edited by Chroma on

Comments

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

It IS changed though because you're no longer required to have Combat Straps for that fast crouch speed. You can now use other add-ons for their benefits instead. Sure you're going to be .3 seconds slower than you were with previous Combat Straps, but by default it's farther. Combo that with the Video Cassette and it works wonders. Adds a fair amount more mind game potential and all in all works out a lot better, particularly at unsafe pallets and vaults.

• Demoth
    Demoth Member Posts: 49

@Khroalthemadbomber said:
    It IS changed though because you're no longer required to have Combat Straps for that fast crouch speed. You can now use other add-ons for their benefits instead. Sure you're going to be .3 seconds slower than you were with previous Combat Straps, but by default it's farther. Combo that with the Video Cassette and it works wonders. Adds a fair amount more mind game potential and all in all works out a lot better, particularly at unsafe pallets and vaults.

You move so slow in stealth though.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,734

@Khroalthemadbomber said:

The vast majority of her other add-ons are.... bad though. Only a few of them like the tampered timer and the one that hides jigsaw boxes until the trap activates even make much of a difference. Maybe the extra trap one. The real crux of the issue is that the difficulty to remove traps needs to be addressed for half of the other addons to have much worth.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited January 2019
    I wonder if the increased crouch speed + TR fade out speed makes Video Tape + John's Medical File better.  With the Combat Straps mostly built-in, it's almost like you're running 3 perks.
  • Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    edited January 2019
    Some combos that I use: Amanda's Letter and Video Cassette, Tampered Timer and Crate of Gears, Tampered Timer and Jigsaw's Anointed Plan, Jigsaw's Anointed Plan and Jigsaw's Sketch, Jigsaw's Anointed Plan and Crate of Gears, and any combination of Video Cassette, the one that gives extra RBT, and Face Mask.

Having that extra crouch and standing speed will help out a lot. I agree that a good chunk of her add-ons suck, but any length of time a survivor is working on a Jigsaw Box is less time they're working on Generators or Totems.
  • WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384
    I would prefer they just make the crouch speed as fast as the original Combat Straps and for the new CS give a 4% increase in movement.
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

These are good changes, except for the TR change, it should be 24 to help set up Ambushes instead of warning Survivors that you could be setting up an Ambush. Hopefully these are just the start and Amanda gets some nice changes to her add-ons too. The community has been coming up with amazing ideas and I hope the Devs use any of them because damn they could be so powerful.