We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Does anyone else get this for free as a killer?

Options
bornagain234
bornagain234 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 191
edited March 23 in General Discussions

Whenever I win as killer, no matter how I played, no matter which killer, I get a free evaluation of my life every single time.

" Your life must suck "

" Dont worry bud she'll take you back"

" Sorry your parents got divored "

" Sorry you're being bullied at school "

" Are you ok? Do you need to talk about anything ? "

" Dude, its the weekend why dont you chill out? "

are the most common ones.

It happens pretty much every single game I win. Why do they assume I am a nolife loser thats life is falling apart because I won ? I am not complaining, I find it interesting. Its like, I am just playing a videogame. The same videogame you are playing infact. Without me playing, you have no game to play.

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,108
    Options

Nope.

And yknow I dont want to say anything, but I do see more upset comments whenever I play with a couple of friends, one who started playing again after almost 3 years and another who just started playing. Only then does either our rando or the killer say some ######### in post game, which makes me believe it has something to do with MMR since I VERY rarely experience it as Solo Q/Killer. (Were also all on East Coast NA if any of you were wondering)

This is coming from some one who could also care less about MMR, its just something Ive picked up on when playing since Im trying to make DbD more appealing to our newbie

• bornagain234
    Options

Im australian, maybe that explains some of it

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,019
    Options

People project their own insecurities onto others.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,201
    Options

Nope, I've actually never seen that happen.

I get the occasional "ez" or "ggs", and silence.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,007
    Options

Yes, ESPECIALLY when I'm playing nice, spreading hooks and trying to grind BP for the event

• Bradcore
    Bradcore Member Posts: 68
    edited March 23
    Options

Lol, yes. Many people can't handle losing. If the killer wins, he must be playing dirty.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,008
    Options

I mostly get people saying gg, sometimes I get people thanking me for a fun game. sometimes I get people giving that kind of "life feedback" to their teammates. Very rarely do I get feedback like that directed at me. When I do, I will often get other survivors defending me.

Sorry to hear you so consistently get negative feedback about how survivors perceive your gameplay style

• bornagain234
    Options

I am shocked and how many are saying no.

Just for fun ill go play a few matches and see if they do it. Will post results if they do.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,270
    Options

I mostly just see either gg or nothing, like the vast majority of the time. Just differs from person to person for one of a billion reasons I guess.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,207
    Options

It depends on the day and the killer used. Most days chat is dead, other days (specially if you use a "Survivor No-approved" killer like SM) the salt flows non-stop.

Funny enough, I usually receive more salt when I lose than when I win.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 499
    Options

80% of the time nothing

15% GG or GGWP (mostly SWF or TTV SWF)

5% some salty remarks after they lose.

Maybe it's just the way I play. I very rarely tunnel on purpose and I never use gen regression perks and still have a pretty high win ratio. I also play a random mix of killers and never really play meta killers, except nurse on occasions because I actually enjoy playing nurse from time to time. I guess if you play fair (in survivors eyes) and still win it's hard for people to call you out or say something toxic.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,584
    Options

I'm also Australian and don't see these comments too much.

I see them occasionally but most games they are just silent.

I do see my teammates say it more frequently to the killer when I'm playing survivor though.

Usually if people say stuff like this it's best just not to respond. Although sometimes it is fun to respond overly kind and watch them struggle to figure out what to say.

• FunkadelicPeach
    FunkadelicPeach Member Posts: 20
    Options

unfortunately the game has (in recent years) really catered to the killer player base, and so some survivor players are upset whenever there is an easy win for the killer. Just the nature of the game, I suppose. Don't let em bug ya, they are likely losers too

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

There is no need to listen to worthless words. If you play multiplayer, install a noise canceling function in your head.