We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

What maps (if any) do you think need new hook spawn? Do you think the hook spawn logic needs change?

Options

Personally its hawkins and the upstairs area, when basement spawns there there is like 1 hook on the stairs that is reachable, having to repeatedly slug people upstairs because they realised there no more hook you can reach after someone died on the stairs hook. It just leads to really uninteractive gameplay for the killer and the survivor. I think maybe making another hook that spawns up there next to the rat cages or something would make the issue a lot better.

Ideally I think eventually the devs should look into a pathing algorithim to the neartest hook and try to ensure that for every area theres at least 2 hooks that can be reached with optimal pathing + and extra ~2 seconds to account for the random slowdown off a survivor's wiggle (this could also higher value at basekit like 8 and then reduced/decreased based on the hook distance offerings). I'm sure they already have some level of pathing algorithim to hooks from the killer bots and I feel like this would be another way to reuse them to make a nice QOL change.