We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

How do I make Skull Merchant fun to play against?

Options

I saw the blood moon cosmetic for skull merchant and it looks so cool (I didn't buy it yet), and made me realize I wanted to try out skull merchant, and I really do enjoy her power, design, and aesthetic! however I noticed that alot of survivors just quit as soon as they see me. I feel very annoyed and sad at times so I check what people are saying about her. I feel bad, I really want to play skull merchant, but I don't want survivors to quit instantly, what do I do?

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,246
    Options

I really don't know.

All the most viable playstyles feel terrible to play against and obviously you don't just want to throw.

• Livion
    Livion Member Posts: 145
    Options

There are a few things that might help:

-Play "Trapper Merchant" wich is basically playing her by dropping drones in loops and creating dead zones

-DONT YOU DARE USE ANY OF HER BEST ADDONS

-Play nice (no tunnel, camp etc.)

It sucks that you need this many rules (or more: survivor rulebook section 5 paragraph 12) to play a killer without everyone leaving.

My recommendation is that you should just play however you want if you play nice with other killers then you should be fine playing as merchant

• BlightAbuser
    BlightAbuser Member Posts: 106
    Options

There’s too much water under the bridge with skull merchant. I don’t think she will ever be liked unless her kit is completely gutted and they give her a new power that isn’t drones.

They REALLY dropped the ball with that killer. I don’t blame people for going next against her.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 184
    Options

Do not play her at all and play something else. Funny thing me and 1 survivor dc today when we saw her and she dced after LOL. I guess she did not want to have fun full of bots. On a serious note though ... honestly there is no way to make her fun. People are gonna always dislike a killer weak or strong.

Example I hate pigs(people claim she is weak alot yet her kit is a base gen/game slow down so idk how that is weak) and I do not like dealing with stupid rbts, and 98% of them just tunnels the same person with the bear traps.

I am just glad skull merchant took all the trickster hate away, I mean I know people still hate the man but am sure skull merchant takes his cake by far( Iike trickster)

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 285
    Options
  • Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,807
    Options

Honestly, just play her as you like. It's not the style of play which makes some players disconnect - it's the fact that they have a perception of her which has been tainted because of her past design. No matter how you choose to play, they'd just disconnect anyway.

For me, I admit I don't like her as a character. However, since the change to her power she is far fairer to face. There is decent counterplay to her and she is not the menace she once was. I certainly don't disconnect when I face her, because now her 3-gen is far weaker than the poor design it once was.

She's a victim of her reputation now. She's weaker to face, but I also believe it's because people still try to 3-gen with her and it's not that powerful now. Her best use is employing drones at loops or setting up at tiles during chase. Far more effective.

Anyway, best of luck with her. You will find survivors who don't pussy out, but I admit you will be facing a fair few trials where survivors just throw in the towel. There will be good ones though.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 919
    Options

I don't really have that many survivors DC against me. It's funny I manage to make survivors DC more with Legion than Skully...

You can try chase build skully:

STBFL, Rapid brutality, Jolt, BBQ

Because if gutting Sloppy I had to change my hit&run build:

A Nurse's Calling, Surveillance, Jolt, Pain res

It's quite rare for me to see instant DC, but it happens. If you won't go for tunnel on 5-gens, you should be fine in most games.

• Zraith
    Zraith Member Posts: 143
    Options

you can't always get the nice things you want. dont worry, you'll find some other nice things to desire later and it will be okay.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025
    Options

Personally, I play her without camping, tunneling, or slugging. I'm not focusing too much on a 3 gen and trying to cover the main choke points with drones. I play very chase-oriented and try to get as many hooks as possible. Id say I get 2 kills on average per match and the survivors are usually happy with my playstyle.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

Just kill it quickly and move on. The only people who will welcome you are decent survivors, and it's best not to expect normal behavior from those who aren't. If your behavior as a killer is recognized, there will be rivals waiting for you to compete with with high MMR.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,621
    Options

You can't

you play other killer

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 331
    Options

I have had them dc at the start of game. They have dc’ed even when I do not use her power. Then there is the same thing others have said where some people just dc for the smallest things.

The way to enjoy her is the same as any other killer. Just play how you enjoy. It is a game that is meant for entertainment. The moment we result to moving into a battle of secret rules that others have to follow it will lose that entertaining value. Too often we forget that the rules for the game already exist and trying to force others to our own rules is selfish as it is meant to make only our experience better.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,724
    Options

No joke, I just do not use her drones at all.

I have nearly 100 cakes left on her as I was getting achievements done during the birthday event, so I play her as an M1 killer without the drones - a chase Merchant if you will.

I have not had a DC other than those who insta-DC the second they see me and the survivors seem to enjoy the match even if being slightly confused as to what the hell I am up to lol.