We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Are you excited for the Twins rework?

Options
Yharwick
Yharwick Member Posts: 274

After promising it for years if nothing changes on the roadmap the big attraction for the next mid chapter PTB should be the Twins rework.

What do you think they'll change and is there anything they could do that would make you consider picking up Twins?

For me I just want smoother transitions, the whole playing two killers at once fantasy is ruined when it takes you 5-8 seconds to switch and makes using Charlotte and Victor together in a loop not really practical. Make that faster and let Victor pick up survivors the same way Chucky can and I think that'll go a long way in making the Twins feel much better.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,758
    edited March 27
    Options

Not excited because they're going to push her away from the slug play style which I like. Also a bad track record for reworks.

She doesn't even need a rework she just needs buffs and QoL changes.

Revert the longer stun on successful pounces (punishing people for playing well..what?), revert Charlotte losing collision when using Victor (this was being creative and playing to their strengths), fix Victor being taken hostage, and finally lots of addon changes. All the status effects needs to last longer. Any addon that is "crushing Victor while idle" is trash, they need to just be "crushing Victor". Tiny Sword should be base kit.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 184
    Options

I never get excited with any rework bhvr does, if anything like skull merchant they probably be more annoying to go against. Even if I see a twins every 2 or 3 months getting 1 overall just annoys me. Ugh no ty

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,235
    Options

My personal preference would be for the Twins to disappear into the abyss, and somehow take Skull Merchant with them.

This is more due to how the community in general has reacted to these two over the years, and I intend no offense to those who like running either of them.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 844
    Options

Honestly no

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 225
    Options

I am excited for the Twins rework. I like the idea of this killer and be able to snip survivors with Victor is really cool and satisfying. But all these bugs, the awful slow switch between them, five second cooldown of Victor, the feeling the toy sword addon is necessary, not many good addons, and some other things, are so annoying. I really hope the developers will fix these issue and the Twins will finally a smooth killer with good Addon variety and more rewards for hitting survivor with Victor.

So yes I am excited for the rework to see if the Twins will be finally a good killer. I also hope a good rework will make them more common and also gives them more cosmetics.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 489
    Options

Have we learnt already that every next version of a killer ends up being worse than the previous one?

• Feneroe
    Feneroe Member Posts: 187
    Options

No. There's a few different ways it'll go, and the least likely is still feel like Twins but better. More than likely either barely anything will change, they are changed in a way that kills their feel, or they'll get given the Freddy treatment.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,256
    Options

I am curious what they have in store.

What I hope will happend that they won't change the fundemental and core gameplay of the killer but improve on it instead. Less clunky, less sluggy but not overall a weaker killer. More fun to play as and VS hopefully.

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 151
    Options

Not excited but I am curious how much they're gonna change.

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 443
    edited March 27
    Options

Wait, Twins is actually on the roadmap and due for a rework next PTB? They promised that she was next to get a look over like 2 years ago, which clearly never actually happened.

EDIT: Okay I was able to find the roadmap, and see Twins listed for April. Is there any known information on what the rework will include? They mention they have teased the rework previously, but does that mean we know anything about the rework or is it teasing as in "we are changing Twins"?

• arcaneGospel
    arcaneGospel Member Posts: 169
    Options

I think we've had too many fun original killers since Dredge. They need to ruin something, and sadly it looks like Twins are next--I can just FEEL it, you know? They've done too good a job actually satisfying the crowd of people who like non-dash attack killers, so it's time for Twins to get the ax.

In reality, I'm... Optimistic, but in a denial sort of way. I choose to believe they're going to actually address the fact Twins are incapable of hooking survivors in a reasonable manner, that they're useless in the face of antislugging perks, maybe even that they've removed cool techs that they used to be able to do and in doing so made Victor prone to exploding for literally no reason sometimes. But that's probably not what's going to happen--Twins are a unique killer with the ability to apply strong macro pressure. Survivors hate that, and most killers don't play Twins, so it's gonna be like five people who actually know anything about the killer trying to be heard over a tide of people who have no idea what is going on literally ever.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,721
    Options

Cautiously optimistic. Their reworks can be hit (Billy) or miss (Skull Merchant).

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,798
    Options

Probably gonna make them even more miserable to play against as survivor than they already are

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 443
    Options

I feel the goal of the Twins rework should be to emphasise the fantasy of playing two killers at once. With the release of Nemesis, Knight and the AI bots, I feel there is a potential for a Twins rework where you can give simple AI commands to Charlotte or Victor.

I'm hoping for the following:

• releasing Victor without swapping, so he stays and acts as a sentry for Charlotte (This requires basically no change or AI actually, right now releasing Victor forces a swap, you can't just drop him without switching) while you continue doing your own thing.
    • When playing as Victor, a command to have Charlotte just follow you. She doesn't need to attack survivors or anything, just a simple command where she either doesn't move, or you command her to walk towards you until she is within a certain radius, say 16 metres

Honestly these two changes would be enough to make the Twins not feel so frustrating to play against. Charlotte following Victor means you can actually get a hook, or you can initiate a chase against a survivor who Victor has latched onto.

Other changes I am hoping for would be:

• Reduce the attack cooldown on Victor
    • Reduce the cooldown swapping to Charlotte
    • Let Charlotte see Victor's aura on incapacitated survivors immediately.
    • If neither of these can be done, allow swapping between characters during cooldowns.
    • Victor is destroyed if a survivor is hooked within a certain radius of him.

I understand why Victor's cooldown was made, but it still feels horrible having an effective 8 seconds of cooldown while attacking. Allowing you to swap to Charlotte during Victor's cooldown means you can start hooking them faster, and it avoids slugging because survivors can kick Victor without worry (doesn't matter because Charlotte is now coming towards you). It would also feel engaging swapping between the killers to really feel like you are playing as two seperate characters.

Charlotte being able to see survivors without waiting 30 seconds would really help play into the idea that they are a tag team killer. You can already do fun mind-games on survivors holding Victor "hostage", and it makes sense that Victor attacking you means you are in danger of getting found by Charlotte.

Only other change to Charlotte I would want is to give her some sort of ability when she doens't have Victor. I'm not sure what this would be, but something that makes here less reliant on Victor to secure the down, or helping her get the first hit so Victor can finish them off. Maybe reducing her terror radius possibly, she already has an addon that does this when swapping from Victor, and Victor applies Oblivious so its not like this would be too out there, and it means survivors being injured is a massive risk against Charlotte as well.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

I am hyped for the rework.

I always liked the idea of the twins and I hope they keep the spirit. This is bhvrs chance to show they can do good complete reworks and if they actually nail this they better give us the freddy we deserve

• Ilikechips
    Ilikechips Member Posts: 86
    Options

No. Knowing these devs they will release it overtuned with a kill rate of like 60-70% instead of the normal and fair 50%.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,194
    Options

The Twins changes have been planned for literal years, and BHVR has refused to give any sort of preview of the changes.

I’m horrified that BHVR will probably massively nerf Twins, give them weak compensation buffs, and tell us they’re “more fun for both sides”.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,211
    Options

Cautiously so.

I dread they may get Freddy’d

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

but lets be honest they cant really hurt twins since there are like 5 twins players left

• Bradcore
    Bradcore Member Posts: 68
    Options

I enjoy the Twins. I would just like it to be easier and quicker to switch between the two.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,724
    edited March 27
    Options

I despise versing the Twins, one of the worst designed killers ever that promotes the most miserable slug, camp the slug, slug and camp the slug playstyle.

I hope they completely redesign them so this isn't the most effective way to play them, other than that the only excitement I have ever had regarding the Twins is when they have been kill-switched