We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Would 2017 BBQ still be the most healthy perk in the game?

Options
supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,277

A deep bond with The Entity unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.

• After hooking a Survivor, all Survivors who are farther 52/46/40 metres away from that Hook have their Aura revealed for 4 seconds.
  • Each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time, gain a 15/20/25 % stack-able bonus to all Bloodpoint gains.

The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-Trial.

I wanted to get a general opinion of people think its a case of nostalgia or if it still holds true to this day. Old bbq was known as the healthiest perk in the game as it rewarded you for hooking each survivor once. Showing you where the other survivors were if they were far enough away would reward you for leaving the hook. So youd get some old builds of say Ruin,enduring,bbq, and say bitter murmur or spirit fury. This was seen as a golden age build way back then for spreading hooks and still getting value while walking away with a lot of bp in the end. You didnt need much more with how slow-paced the game could be. Current bbq does actually more aura reveal than the old one did. It just doesnt reward spread pressure like it once did. What do you think of it?

Comments

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,724
    Options

Yeah old BBQ was great, as I said elsewhere it provided you with a secondary goal of trying to get your 4 tokens and it was very satisfying to achieve that, at least for me it was.

Plus we all need BP with so many characters in the game now and I don't think the standard BP from a match really cuts it anymore even with the increase

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,587
    Options

Current BBQ is still really healthy. The blood point bonus just made it more rewarding to run (and meant it wasn't a complete waste of a slot against Distortion users).

I can kind of understand why they removed it. As long as it has such a good effect on top of an incredible blood point bonus then most people would run it and it would end up in most builds so they probably wanted more variety and people to feel less forced to run it just to deal with the BP grind.

I wouldn't mind it returning, especially since it would lead to less 4 slow down builds, but I think the general BP changes did make up for it for the most part.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,203
    Options

Oh absolutely! It was peak perk design.

The best we've ever had.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,211
    Options

100%. It perfectly incentivised not tunneling, as hooking every different player once made the match far more valuable, and it showed you players far from the hook, so you had a new objective each time you hooked that didn't involve standing around the hook.

They basically removed the best game-balancing perk that felt great to use because "muh bloodpoint economy."

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,817
    Options

Not about "bloodpoint economy", they don't want people running perks just for bloodpoint bonuses. It limits perk freedom and skews stats.

These same bonuses should just be made basekit.

• supersonic853
    edited March 27
    Options

Even though as pointed out that combod with a good effect made bbq take a slot that would normally just be regression or blocking. A probably better alternative for the survivors as well. Bbq was so good but in a good way that it wasnt overwhelming to survivors while rewarding the killer for spreading hooks. Unless your saying we get a basekit feature where if you hook survivors in different succession you get more points. Which would be interesting to disuade hard tunneling.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 746
    Options

Never understood this one. For the people who tunnel regardless they still got their 4 stacks because the game is over at 3vs1.

• supersonic853
    Options

Yeah but that wasnt most of the people back then surprisingly. Theyd hook. Say its their first hook of the match. So they have a 25% bonus. They see another survivor with bbq. So they have a way to get the next 25%. Most players would jump on doing that. So they just kept going around trying to get 4 stacks as fast as possible. Which lead to more chases rewarding both sides. Current bbq if you want to tunnel theres way better options. But old bbq tunneling would be you working against your own perk feels like. Especially if that survivors a good runner and you cant get all the stacks.

• Seraphor
    edited March 27
    Options

Unless your saying we get a basekit feature where if you hook survivors in different succession you get more points. 

Exactly what I'm saying.

BBQ is still a good perk, and is still one of the healthier perks for survivors. It gets the killer away from the hook. It doesn't need the bonus BP to do it's job, and the bonus BP would do more good if it was basekit for everyone.

When they removed the bonus BP from BBQ and WGLF, both should have been made basekit. Bonus score for first time hooking each survivor, and bonus scores for the first; hook save, protection hit, heal and recovery from dying per game.

• Seraphor
    Options

Back then, tunneling was a little more painful. You'd get hit with DS a lot more, for longer, DH was everywhere and made chases longer, and tunneling/camping to eliminate survivors early often resulted in missing out on the last couple survivors all together. You'd also have to slug for the 4K if you wanted to guarantee 4 unique hooks.

Getting your 4 bonus hooks early was always the more sensible option. Then once everyone was hooked at least once you start eliminating.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,044
    Options

BBQ was great. I still use it because it's my favoite perk but damn what I wouldn't give for those juicy BP.

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 331
    Options

It would be nice if they either adjusted existing perks to include a bonus, bp or something else, from spreading hooks. It could be an opposite to say pain resonance that has only 4 uses instead you could get up to 4 of the bonuses. This could be used with multiple incentives to hopefully strike the fancy of most killers.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,211
    Options

The issue is that without the bloodpoints the only killers who run it are the ones who can close that distance in seconds. Billy, Nurse, Blight. And either they don't need to camp cos their power is obscenely strong, or their power is obscenely strong so they can come straight back to the hook to tunnel regardless. The killers who are likely to camp aren't gonna run BBQ.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,724
    Options

I just remembered old WGLF too, I forgot how great that was for survivor with tokens just like a survivor BBQ.

I never see that perk anymore as it used to be totally worth running, now it's just... meh. Much like BBQ