Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

delete

2»

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Dragonredking said:
    It's the exact same idea.
    THE EXACT SAME ONE

No timer on the first hook phase that what they tried that's what you are proposing.
    You aren't proposing anything new.

I personally don’t like this idea, but I’ll try to tweak it. Maybe keep hook progression if survivor is being chased? Or something like that? Can’t be downright distance for survivor though. That’d just tell the killers someone near when they shouldn’t know, and would make BBQ even stronger as people would keep distance.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1327844097108176737/
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/224446340336873608/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv8srtVrCKw
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/224446432325427853/
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154644598511414178/
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154642447919498284/
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/224446614462555148/
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1843493219417494168/
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154643085271254973/
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154642901286074635/

Got plenty more from where it came from.

But please keep pushing your idea that can be utilised by both the survivor and killer to grief each over.

I'm sure you're gonna be happy if your idea is being implemented and you end up being basement camp by a leatherface until you decide to ######### or that every over survivor leave.

And if you think losing altruism point will make survivor go for the save on a survivor that is in literaly no danger you are kidding yourself.

The same way that people that think that making camper losing sacrificial point is going to fix camping.
    The dev themself aknowledged on stream a while ago that will camper get overall less bloodpoint they however get more kill that non camping killer.

But just for fun let's imagine you're idea is indeed implemented, and that the situation I described earlier is happening.
    Good job now every one is losing point unless you ######### on hook.

• Sehkmet
    Sehkmet Member Posts: 127

Im reading those posts..

First post: "I camped a guy for the entire match, the other survivors made the gens and escaped.. :(" Are you trying to help me with this post? thanks, LMAO why did you post that ? hahaha

Second post, third post, etc..: "Title: Is infinite hooks coming?.. Answers: its in ptb/No, they removed it"

Again, whats your point? those guys are just naming it... i dont get why you are posting that. And i do think losing altruism points will make survivor go for the save and smart killers wont facecamp a 1st stage hook (infinite) while they may camp the 2nd stage (normal, progressive)

• Dragonredking

It got scrapped, too much griefing came with it.

Ok, so I'm all for cracking down on camping killers but what exactly gives the other survivors motive to come help someone on a hook if they know there's no danger to them?
    I can see most randoms just working on generators while some poor sap is hanging on a hook not getting any points.

You have to love it when hanging on a hook indefinitely in this game is a desired thing. They're so mediocre they'd rather change game mechanics and get hooks where they hang on a whole match than stay off the damn things.

Infinite hooks = infinite trolling. i tried it.
    As a killer i get my survivor down and hooked him, facecamped him for 30 mins until all others farmed the hooks twice and escaped. No single try for a rescue. GG
    As a survivor i let all my mates get hooked and have a nice 25min walk around the map. They cant die and the killer couldnt win. GG
    I like the idea of infinite hooking. I like it a lot.
    Think about such an option BEFORE you release this !!

Even if i dont facecamped the first victim, the "mates" cared a bunch of shiat about him! Thats a fact. Who cares if someone is hooked if he cant die ? No pressure, no tension, no action. Boring. But if he is bleeding out you must move your butt. It would be better if they made this camping solution:

• Sehkmet
    edited June 2018

@Dragonredking said:
    what exactly gives the other survivors motive to come help someone on a hook if they know there's no danger to them?
    I can see most randoms just working on generators while some poor sap is hanging on a hook not getting any points.

OK you dont know anything about this game points system and i have to explain it to you, if someone already knows how the emblem system works, dont read this:

You have 4 categories of emblems, you have to do 'good' in all of them, till the last version* of the game the points toward the objetive emblem was capped at "one generator".. if you repair two generators you dont get any more points for the next emblem (but you do get few points for every generator, no matters who completed it)
    In order to progress (+1 pip) you have to complete the equivalent as ONE generator + some totem cleansing/opening the exitgate, rescue/heal/take hits + being chased/stun the enemy/sabotage + survive at least 9 minutes or survive.

Its better to rescue someone (also you lose points if you dont rescue him, or if he gets down between 10-15 seconds after you rescue him) than completing a generator, because you can repair the equivalent as one generator whenever you want during the match (half at the start till you have to rescue, 1/4 after that and 1/4 at the end.. )

*I said TILL the last version because they made it easier now, and i didnt have enough time to read the last changelog
    EDIT: ok i took a quick look and they only modified 1-more starting points for altruistic actions 2- the emblem color caps, what i wrote remains the same

• Dragonredking
    edited June 2018

whatever, I hope what you ask for is implemted since it seem you can't bring yourself to realise how flowed it is until you get basement camped by a killer under your system.

And since no one seem to be interested by your idea I'll just stop commenting there.

Have fun

Also you don't need altruism point to pip under the emblem system the first screen shot you provided proove it so no you don't need to do good in all category to pip.
    And also also what happened to people in high rank are tryhard?
    Why would you want to pip?
    Why would you care?

• Sehkmet

@Dragonredking said:

You have to love it when hanging on a hook indefinitely in this game is a desired thing.

Id prefer hanging on a hook than dying after losing ONE chase and watching all my teammates winning the game in 5 minutes, some killers are way too lazy.

Bye dragon :)

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    edited June 2018

This is from 1 match where the Clown camped most of the match.

I still managed to get good points and while i got sac'd I still pipped.The problem remains the same you're asking for something the devs have already said they're not going to give. Yes you need to get Altruistic points to really score the most behind survival. But again you're not always going to be able to do that unless you'r in a SWF group.

As others have already posted they tried punishing killers for camping, survivors just abused the heck out of it. Just as face camping is a legit strategy so is pallet looping. IF you want altruistic points then make the killer pay by doing gens so he has to leave the hook.

There's maps where I get zero Altruistic points because of a camper yet still pip because i do gens, escape and anything else i can. It still boils down to you're going to reward the camper more because he knows the Altruistic ones want to get those points.

So he gets more free kills the longer he camps, in fact he gets them quicker and easier since they come to him. The smarter survivors, especially those at higher ranks aren't going to care, they'll keep doing gens because that gives them the most.

Also this wasn't an attempt to troll you by asking about what you had hidden since the moment you hide stuff you invite suspicion you're up to something. You insult others and then turn around and complain about it if someone insults you. That doesn't help your discussion at all and stop taking criticism of your ideas personal. If you can't take criticism without resorting to flaming then you should avoid posting ideas.

Lastly use that criticism and learn from it, identify the flaws in your idea and find solutions. That's how better ideas are made, not by insulting others.

• Sehkmet

@powerbats i invite you to read from the post number #1 till you get here.. after doing that, it would be nice from you to edit this

You insult others and then turn around and complain about it if someone insults you.

Ty

• powerbats

@Sehkmet said:
    @powerbats i invite you to read from the post number #1 till you get here.. after doing that, it would be nice from you to edit this

You insult others and then turn around and complain about it if someone insults you.

Ty

@Sehkmet said:
    You are always talking about me, stop it and just discuss the idea, its quite different from the one they tried a year ago.. but your mind is closed up, you have a big "NO" waiting in your keyboard before you read my post.

Dont you want this game to grow bigger ? I do, and taking care of 95% (random generated number) of the player base is the best way.
    High rank?? pfft, who is playing at high rank? tryhard kids? lot of the good players are quitting games before they die to save their loot and they are rank 20... (Found a lot of those enemies this weekend, do i have to record and send my games as killer to you?)

The bolded parts stand out and perhaps it's you who should be reading what you've posted and editing your post. I had 4 games earlier after posting and in all 3 the killer camped. The Shape face camped, The Pig face camped to an extent, Leatherface camped, The huntress face camped.

In 1 of those the camper got 4 kills which was the Shape and in another 2 games had 3 kills. The Pig got 3 and Leatherface got 2 while face camping petty much the entire time. He almost got the 2 survivors one of which was me trying to get the 2nd person.

The last map was the Huntress and she face camped mercilessly each time. Once the 1 sac got done she faced camped at the hook on a hill and just basically tea bagged the person. She saw another survivor and hatched them and then only then did she come down and down them and then try and get me.

After she got the 3 sac done I was able to get the last gen needed done and found out she had been camping the hatch while I did the gen. She was also able to see both exits and camped there and after I got out because I found the 1 place to stand she couldn't see she said the following.

Reported for holding the game hostage, because it took me 5-7 minutes to get the gen done which I'd had to sneak around her for and then sneak around where she was camping so as not to reward her for camping.
    Bottom line is your idea is only going to reward the killers and encourage them to camp more.

The only thing that will fix it is either a rework of the Altruism reward and or a better incentive not to camp. Because if they're camping I'm not risking giving another kill just for some Altruistic points that'll get lost the moment i get hooked or anyone else does.

It's not supposed to be easy to get 4 Iridescent rewards and while I've managed to do so, I've also pipped without ever helping someone because of a camper. I do gens, I cleanse, open chests, go into the basement if it's far away etc.

If you want to fix it come up with a way to encourage, NOT PUNISH killers that rewards them better for not camping.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Lol just another person can’t accept that camping is part of the game and won’t be changed. Spoiler alert: you aren’t entitled to a hook save and you can do gens while the Killer is camping. 
  • Sehkmet
    edited June 2018

I think killers are used to camp to get at least a kill because the game is too short and they dont want to unrank.. i had some games as killer where i got 18-20k points and -1 pip cuz i didnt have a kill (hooked three survivors two times)
    You are the killer and you have to KILL but i think you should be able to avoid unranking if you dont get kills but you succesfully chase and hook people + generator damage + breaking stuff ...

Whats the difference between hooking four survivors two times (1) and hooking two survivors to the death (2)?
    I think the first one requires more skill and the second one is the way to get more rewards.. The game is rewarding you for camping.

I think i would be very happy if they Rework this system + limit the progression of the first stage of the hook

PD: If someone can do the maths behind (1) and (2) i would be glad.. its just a feeling atm

EDIT: I think its:
    (1) Devout aka Sacrifice 0 points no emblem; Malicious aka hooking 16*** points bronze emb (silver at 22 pts)
    (2) Devout aka sacrifice 4 points silver emblem; Malicious aka hooking 12 points bronze emb (bronze at 11pt)

***edit: i forgot to add the points for hitting survivors (+1 if you hit -1 if the survivor is healed, normally you get 2 hits to put down someone [+2 and -1 when he is being healed = +1] but if you catch them while repairing/closets/unhooking someone i think it gives you +1 [-1 when he is being healed = 0pts].. To sum up: you get from 16 to 24 points at this category, that means silver-gold 50-50.

Adding Gatekeeper emblem (generators) and Chaser emblem is more complex and it may vary between matches.. but i suppose the (1) may have silver/gold chaser emblem and (2) silver emblem.

Im not adding gatekeeper because it may be the same result, although the (1) match may last some minutes longer. (2 minutes with 2 generators = 5400 points, whereas the cap between medals is 10k, sometimes they may get the same badge and sometimes (1) will reach the next stage)

(1) = No emblem (0), bronze (1), gold (3). 4 points + 1/2/3 depending on game length/generators
    (2) = silver (2), bronze (1), silver (2). 5 points + 1/2/3 depending on game length/generators

(1) Has a chance to unrank (5 pts) (i used gold chaser and not silver chaser)

The skilled one has greater chance to unrank than the facecamping killer (way more easy)

Final thoughts: The malicious (hooking) and sacrifice emblems should be reworked into one emblem (hooking + killing)

Post edited by Sehkmet on
  • powerbats

@Sehkmet said:
    I think killers are used to camp to get at least a kill because the game is too short and they dont want to unrank.. i had some games as killer where i got 18-20k points and -1 pip cuz i didnt have a kill (hooked three survivors two times)
    You are the killer and you have to KILL but i think you should be able to avoid unranking if you dont get kills but you succesfully chase and hook people + generator damage + breaking stuff ...

Whats the difference between hooking four survivors two times (1) and hooking two survivors to the death (2)?
    I think the first one requires more skill and the second one is the way to get more rewards.. The game is rewarding you for camping.

I think i would be very happy if they Rework this system + limit the progression of the first stage of the hook

PD: If someone can do the maths behind (1) and (2) i would be glad.. its just a feeling atm

EDIT: I think its:
    (1) Devout aka Sacrifice 0 points no emblem; Malicious aka hooking 16 points bronze emb (silver at 22 pts)
    (2) Devout aka sacrifice 4 points silver emblem; Malicious aka hooking 12 points bronze emb (bronze at 11pt)

Adding Gatekeeper emblem (generators) and Chaser emblem is more complex and it may vary between matches.. but i suppose the (1) may have silver/gold chaser emblem and (2) silver emblem.

Im not adding gatekeeper because it may be the same result, although the (1) match may last some minutes longer. (2 minutes with 2 generators = 5400 points, whereas the cap between medals is 10k, sometimes they may get the same badge and sometimes (1) will reach the next stage)

(1) = No emblem (0), bronze (1), gold (3). 4 points + 1/2/3 depending on game length/generators
    (2) = silver (2), bronze (1), silver (2). 5 points + 1/2/3 depending on game length/generators

(1) Has a chance to unrank (5 pts) (i used gold chaser and not silver chaser)

The skilled one has greater chance to unrank than the facecamping killer (way more easy)

Final thoughts: The malicious (hooking) and sacrifice emblems should be reworked into one emblem (hooking + killing)

That's some really intriguing ideas there, as a killer I can see the complaints but to cottner some of them you could make it take longer to unhook. But the closer the killer is to the hook the quicker the unhook becomes but with a hard cap on how quick it can be. It'd be determined by x amount of time person has been hooked and how close killer is to hook and for how long.

So if killer is camping unhook can be 2 seconds, but normal unhook if killer is really far away would be 10 secs. Perhaps even with a skill check to ensure you don't botch the unhook. But the skill check would require killer to be x distance away to make it fair. The killer if they were beyond say x distance would get a notification similar to gen warning. But again they'd have to be pretty far away so that like Leatherface and hillbilly, Nurse, Hag don't just ge there 2 seconds later.

The skill check could make it go quicker than the 10 seconds similar to something like the higher items and addons.